TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

ESPN NFL 2K5 Thread

I'm trying to wait for all the trades and movings of the NFL to be done for awhile until I start up me another Franchise.... and I have NO CLUE who to start it with.

That's what i'm waiting for...albeit with Madden now(I own both games).

I've been so into NCAA 2005 I haven't even opened Madden yet, I figure i should have 3 or 4 years worth of draft classes exported before I start my Pats Franchise.

I'm trying to wait for all the trades and movings of the NFL to be done for awhile until I start up me another Franchise.... and I have NO CLUE who to start it with.

You could always start a new season...and do your own draft. :P

Although that does take a little time. Unless you pick the guys you know you want..then let the comp pick the rest for you or something. But I had started a Panthers Franchise like that a few days ago (deleted it though cuz I didn't want to get sidetracked from my pats franchise).

You can't go wrong with the Jets.

I'm in the year 2012 and finished the year 12-4 with them, playing the Chiefs in the divisional playoffs. Moss/Vilma turn out to be great players. Pennington is steady throughout his career at around 87-89.

Wow...best Superbowl yet (even though it's still going on) in my Patriots Franchise. The Eagles made it to the superbowl and it's been 0-0 for almost the whole game. Bumped the diffulculty to a 'higher' all pro for this game, and damn.

They were killing my running game most of the game..Corey Dillon seems to have loss like 5 yards almost every running play because as soon as he gets the ball they are right there to stop him. So I've had to rely on passing, and Patten's catching ball after ball for me amazingly, although it's intercepted once. After that they nearly scored a touchdown..but Rodney Harrison intercepted the touchdown play. And eventually Dillon and Patten actually got me up to the goal line where I scored the first touchdown with a short pass to Graham.

And just now..with only 1:37 left in the game, Rodney Harrison intercepts another pass..

Edit- And with 17 seconds on the clock on the Eagles fourth down play..Rodney Harrison gets a fucking sack to turn the ball over. :D

And the game ends with Corey Dillon..one yard away..one yard..from another touchdown. But anyways deservingly so Rodney Harrison walks out superbowl MVP.

Stats from the game..

David Patten- 85 Receiving yards

Corey Dillon- 27 Rushing yards

Tom Brady- 142 passing yards

Rodeny Harrison- 2 Interceptions, 2 sacks

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Flyboy, be the Cards. Thats what I am doing.

I finally finished my 1st year with the g-men. We won the superbowl 59-3 over the pats (yea I really need to beef up the difficulty) I forget who was mvp I want to know why there is no cutscene with the players holding up the vince lombardi trophy as all I saw was the mvp award then the palyers in the lockeroom celebrating. all in all , it was a cool presentation of the superbowl.

In the offseason, Warner demanded a 7 year contract so I agreed, then traded him promplty to the steelers for tommy maddox, who will serve as backup as eli is ready to take the ball. I let jesse palmer walk and signed kelly holcomb cheap to be the 3rd string guy. Ron Danye signed somewhere else but I still had the reigning mvp. some guys retired and I was left with no hbs so i signed one thru free agency and drafted one. Unfortuanately I was all out of cap room on draft sign day so I was only able to sign my 1st round guy (but its cool cuz thats all I needed)

BUT Tiki broke his kneecap in the preseason and will be gone for 15 weeks of the season.

so I started the 05 season with delvin joyce (is he even on the gints anymore?) as the starting rb. I won my first game against the cowboys 35-21 in a tough hard fought game eli threw for 4 tds but had two ints

Just a question, how do you edit rookies? (On ps2)

I asked on another board..and was told to hit X on them, somewhere at ESPN.com...for one, where I dont know, and two, hitting X only changes the order of the way the players are listed so I'm guessing that was for the Xbox. So how do you edit rookies?

And also, can you edit people who came into the game as a rookie, but aren't anymore? For instance..one of the game generated players...but this is like his second year or something..

Anyone know? :(

And quick question...what's it mean when a person's number/circle appears in yellow...and sometimes red? Is it that theyre hurt..or tired or something?

Madden may have the rights to the Vince Lombardi trophy, because I also wondered why there was no cutscene of the team holding it up together. I'm guessing you are talking about the depth chart numbers being red? That means they're injured, yellow may mean they are injured but can still play.

Guest Flyboy
Just a question, how do you edit rookies? (On ps2)

I asked on another board..and was told to hit X on them, somewhere at ESPN.com...for one, where I dont know, and two, hitting X only changes the order of the way the players are listed so I'm guessing that was for the Xbox. So how do you edit rookies?

And also, can you edit people who came into the game as a rookie, but aren't anymore? For instance..one of the game generated players...but this is like his second year or something..

I believe you have to edit the rookies sometime before the draft as I know you can do it after they are drafted.

The yellow and red numbers in the playcalling screen indicate fatigue. Yellow=becoming tired, red=very tired, you should sub him out for a few plays.

wow, this was just great.

week 13 in my season and I lose Anthony Simmons for the season with a torn acl. Not only he's leading my team in tackles and sacks, but also has 5 INT's and 3 Forced Fumbles, 2 of which he recovered.

I'm just DOMINATING with the Dolphins in my Franchise. The first few games were tight wins with close scores (as I was getting used to the control handling), but lately I've been blowing out teams. I just beat the Seahawks 49-7, with Ricky Williams rushing for 6 of the 7 scores. This was all with minor roster tweaking too (got rid of some lesser players for some free agents, etc.) I'm currently number one ranked in the division, with no losses and only one tie, which was against the one team I can't stand (Patriots).

I've been looking for some good sliders today, and I found some good ones on the ESPN Videogames message board. They work pretty well, but you can tweak them to your liking.

(Note: The numbers represent the number of "steps" to the right you go on the slider. 0 = all the way to the left, and 40 = all the way to the right. The first number is the human slider, the second after the / is the CPU silder. I have Performance EQ off, by the way.)

Blocking: 16/40

Passing: 0/35

Running: 16/40

Catching: 20/20

Coverage: 20/24

Pursuit: 8/16

Tackling: 8/8

Kicking: 0/0

Fatigue: 20/20

Injury: 20

Fumbles: 24

Interceptions: 0

I did a few adjustments (knocking the CPU running and blocking down a tiny bit while putting up the human passing a tad), and it does make the game more realistic. I didn't get a ton of interceptions, and there were actually a few fumbles. The CPU also were able to break some good runs and long pass plays against me.

And just a tip: if you're one to quickly go from play to play and don't use any of the playclock, put the fatigue way up, otherwise you're going to tire out your players and get em' injured. I usually don't call a play until the :25 mark and on D I wait until the CPU calls their play, so the setting above is very good.

Blocking: 16/40

Passing: 0/35

Running: 16/40

Catching: 20/20

Coverage: 20/24

Pursuit: 8/16

Tackling: 8/8

Kicking: 0/0

Fatigue: 20/20

Injury: 20

Fumbles: 24

Interceptions: 0

what difficulty are you on with these sliders?

Dang. I got fired by the New York Jets in year 2014. I was 10-6, made it all the way to the Superbowl, lost 26-17, in a thrilling Super Bowl, but got fired because I didn't win my division. Buffalo did, same team I beat in the AFC Championship 14-13 with a punt return for a TD in the early 4th or 3rd quarter, can't remember.

It was heartbreaking though, getting fired. They just make you start over with another Franchise.

I ended up with only 1 superbowl win, one superbowl lost, and 2 AFC Championships.

Guest Vitamin X

They make you start over as in ALL over again from the year 2004, or as in you get to take over another franchise?

I just played a crazy, fun game in year 2 of my giants franchise, with my long winning streak on the line agaisnt the Packers at home. My openning drive took up the whole 1st quarter (Im uisng 5 min qtrs) but resulted in a FG. Packers tied it up soon after, then later added a late fg to go ahead 6-3 at half and my offense is struggling. Finally I recovered a fumble and scored a td to go up 10-6. Then the last qtr was insane with me scoring like 2 more defensive tds and junk and wind up winning 30-6

at this point Im 6-0 extending the winning streak to 25 including last years playoffs, and manning is awesome at qb, throwing for 314 yards and 5 tds in my last game. Ive basically changed my offense, with passing being the key after losing barber for almost the whole year, this is still fun!!!!!

Guest Vitamin X

How that (a 30-6 blowout) can possibly be misconstrued as "fun" is beyond me.

Try a last-minute comeback, kiddo.

All over from 2004, which sucks. The thing I like about Madden is that you can change Franchises any year you wish, but oh well.

I think you can do that on ESPN also.. I thought you could anyways, I never tried.

Blowouts are part of the game. As long as every game isn't a blow up, I'm quite satisfied.

I've had some games I've been defeated huge (52-9 against the Falcons, damn that Michael Vick)

Guest Vitamin X

Well yeah blowouts are self-righteously great, but I wouldn't be any means call them "great games".

I started a new franchise with the Jets (couldn't start with another team, too weird) and faced the Vikings in week 2, in my second yar.

I was down 14-0 at the half when I scored a TD on a long ass pass to Tyrone Calico from Chad Pennington. Later on I tied it with a field goal, and from there no one could score. After a few punting possesions, I lost the ball on Turnovers, with about 1:46 left. I stopped their run for three straight downs and got it down to 1:02. It was time for Pennington..to shine.

At my own 27 yard line I ran a few slant plays to Calico and Moss, and a couple of empty backfield plays that lead to an open lane up the middle for Pennington to scoop up from 10-20 yards. At about the 30 yard line, remember, I have no timeouts, I stepped back in the pocket ran foward and threw it on the run. I got it to Moss at about the 15 or so, but I got a penalty for throwing pass the line of scrimmage. I thought it was the right call at first, but luckily the booth challenged and the replay clearly showed that I threw the ball with one foot behind the line of scrimmage and the other still in the air. So the time stopped, and I ran up a few more yards with a hurry up offense. I was going to run up again to the endzone (currently at about the 5) but the defensive line caught up to me and I had to scurry back. In a desperate throw I caught Moss at the end of the endzone for the TD, and the win with about 1 second left.

It was beautiful.

Played my friend, who thinks he's the shit. Kicked his Jets ass, 78-24. I was the Bucs, as my friend tried to go for a field goal, leaves it short, as I had a guy back there to return the kick, grabbed the ball, and touch down. (Though no crib points for it)

Guest Flyboy

I'm playing a great first season with the Giants with updated rosters (updated to about 9/3 or so but before roster cuts) and I've made some BIG moves. Traded Warner to Buffalo for McGahee & a draft pick. Traded Tiki Barber & 3rd round pick to the Dolphins for Vernon Carney a 4th round pick and some other player, I believe. Traded Strahan & 1st/2nd round pick to the Bears for Urlacher. The Bears now have Strahan AND Ogunleye. I'm sitting 9-2 and I've already clenched a playoff berth. Eli Manning had a horrible game yesterday resulting in about 6 INTs in a loss to the Falcons, but came back STRONG as I crushed the Eagles today (McNabb had a HORRIBLE game). PHI has TO & Koren Robinson, though, which is scary.

Guest El Satanico

I just finished Super Bowl 41 and I've won my second straight super bowl with the Browns. The Eagles went up 14-0 quickly in the first, but then my defense clamped down and let me claw my way back into the game. With less than 2 minutes in the fourth and down 17-16, I proceeded to drive down the field and kick the winning FG.

My star RB Onterrio Smith, top rb in AFC, was out injured for the entire playoffs, so William Green came off the bench and ended up being the hero.

This preseason will complete the youth movement I've been working on the last few seasons.

Just a quick question that's been on my mind for a while. How do you no huddle? One, how do you just get your team to hurry up and reset and do the play..and also how do you get them to spike the ball from that kind of start.

On PS2, right after the play is over (before it goes back to the playcalling screen) press O to go to no-huddle, and press square to spike (it might be the other way around, I get them mixed up easily). I don't know what it is for X-Box.