TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Flyboy

ESPN NFL 2K5 Thread

I play 8 minutes as well. Takes about 45-50 minutes to play a full game, so that's not too bad. I used to play 10 minute quarters on Madden, but that's just too long.

In my Pats franchise, Shaun Alexander set a new single game rushing record.......of 405 yards, including 98-yard TD scamper that made the SC highlights.

I played a game against the Bills and won, with Brady named the player of the game. When Suzy interviewed him, the voice sounded eerily like Drew Bledsoe. Had a good chuckle out of that.

Guest FrigidSoul

I played long enough to get a feel for the game. For $20 you just can not go wrong.

I played Carmen's team for a quarter without even knowing the damned controls and held them to 3 points. Her face in the corner of the screen looks like old Genesis graphics for Madden. Her talking before every play is also very lame.

I've decided that I am saving my Cribs points until I can purchase Chris Berman. From there I will place him on a team and drill him with Rodney Harrison until its no longer funny for me.

That is all.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent
Ugh.. I play 5 minute quarters and still end up with realistic stats.

Agreed. One doesn't come close to using all of the play clock anyway like in the NFL, to scale its the best.

Ugh.. I play 5 minute quarters and still end up with realistic stats.

Agreed. One doesn't come close to using all of the play clock anyway like in the NFL, to scale its the best.

I use the playclock. Before every play I try to run out about 20 seconds off.

Okay, been playing it all weekend and here's my take...glad it's only 20 bucks, because if I payed 50 i'd be pissed...now overall it's good, don't get me wrong, the gameplay itself kicks ass, it's fun unlike Madden which became frustration...I love the ESPN style presentation...but there's too many graphical and audio glitches, which i know the hard drive would clear up, but im not paying 100 bucks for the drive and a game i won't play (FF11)...i had to turn the player vocies off as well as the announcers, that shit was way too annoying...great game for 20, horrible for 50...im not set up for online play and i don't have the HDD so that's probably what's swaying my opinion, but hey i don't have that stuff so i should still expect a good game...

Guest FrigidSoul

Running the ball is extremely easy in this game. I can run through D-Lines with Corey Dillon like a hot knife through butter. Passing is a different story though as my O-Line doesn't protect very well.

I'm also a little more than 1,000 crib points away from gaining Berman and repeatedly beating him into the turf.

Running the ball is extremely easy in this game. I can run through D-Lines with Corey Dillon like a hot knife through butter. Passing is a different story though as my O-Line doesn't protect very well.

I'm also a little more than 1,000 crib points away from gaining Berman and repeatedly beating him into the turf.

Defintely.

I'm currently going through Franchise with the Patriots and Dillon's basically my key player. I have 2..or three if you want to count Brady.

Brady- Well I think it's obvious. I've defintely gotten the passing thing down, and now most of my passes are sucessful.

Dillon- As FS pointed out..this guy can burst through the Defensive line like crazy. I think I get at LEAST 250 yards a game? :/

Traylor- He breaks through the line easy as hell, with a spin or a swim. This has lead me to so many sacks it's not crazy. And looking at the game stats, he now has the highest number of stats by a large margin...like 15-20.

And also...Poole has sticky fingers or something. ;) He gets like 3 interceptions a game...randomly. The opposing team passes..and he's almost always right there, and I usually get a touchdown off the interception.

I had a horrible time running the ball. It really just depends on your offensive line on whether or not running the ball is easy. It took me five weeks to get my offensive line in shape to be able to run block and pass block.

Course, now I'm 5-1 with only New England beating the ever loving life out of me. Dillion is the only back so far I had no chance in hell of slowing down, he was just too damn quick to get outside and the Pats line took me to school.

If you are New England, no wonder you are having an easy time. That line is damn near unbreakable in this game.

Guest FrigidSoul

I haven't started a Franchise yet. I just did a Quick Game to get more of a feel for the game.

I'll probably start a Franchise with the Pats because they are my favorite team, and then some random shitty team to build a succesful franchise.

Guest Flyboy

It's the exact opposite for me as I'm an ace with passing, but running is a different story. Having Charles Rogers and Roy Williams helps a ton, but I can't get anything going with Kevin Jones.

It's the exact opposite for me as I'm an ace with passing, but running is a different story. Having Charles Rogers and Roy Williams helps a ton, but I can't get anything going with Kevin Jones.

Work your offensive line in the weight room and drill them Fly. It takes a damn long time to get the younger players to improve but things came around.

I love this game, all the hard work I am being forced to put into my games. That and Mel Kiper's rookie report was just awesome. I already know who I am chasing down in the draft.

I'm also doing a Pats Franchise...

Dillon is GOD when it comes to catching the ball. Right now he's my 3rd leading reciever behind Graham and Branch. I find passing to the RB and TE is very successful.

I have really figured out the passing game now but the running game is still a little tough.

just had a game where I sacked Matt Hasselbeck 10 times with Seymour(that's sick...)

Poole is definitely a sniper out there with the picks, ditto for Wilson.

Guest Flyboy
just had a game where I sacked Matt Hasselbeck 10 times with Seymour(that's sick...)

I had a game in my Lions' franchise were my defensive had about a total of twelve sacks against the Vikings -- after around the fourth or fifth, they started double teaming my DTs and got caught holding a couple of times. That is just fucking great beyond words.

Anyone know the salary cap for all the teams? I'm trying to find a team that could afford my pricey custom QB. So far I only found San Diego, and Im pulling an Eli there.

(I need a team with at least 15 million cap room....)

Guest Dumb Fuck

I'm really trying to like ESPN... but I'm going to need good sliders.

Pro is way too easy... and All-Pro, the AI is just horrible on offense.

Guest FrigidSoul

I haven't even started a game yet in my Pats Franchise and I spent an hour working on it. I didn't want to miss the Sox/Yanks so I saved and turned it off. Thus far though

Monday - Film Day for everybody, including coaches.

Tuesday - Workouts for some, QB Drills, WR Drills. Defense gets the day off

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

I...love...this...game. Best $20.00 i've spent in a while.

Corey Dillion is a friggin monster.

Guest acnx

Anyone have any realistic sliders set up?

I guess I could modify them on my own and try it out, but I'm lazy, so I figured I would ask you people.

Anyways, I just bought the game, and it is my first time playing the ESPN 2k series, so I'm still trying to get used to it. Beat the Cards 10-7 in a quickplay game, it was pretty fun.

Definitely worth the 20 dollars.

Guest Flyboy

I guess I could modify them on my own and try it out, but I'm lazy, so I figured I would ask you people.

Here's a whole thread dedicated to sliders for the game -- you have to register for the forums, though.

Guest acnx

Here's a whole thread dedicated to sliders for the game -- you have to register for the forums, though.

Thank you! I've never seen that site, looks pretty good.

Go Lions.

Guest Dumb Fuck

Sliders won't do any good with this game...

Player ratings affect things very much...

For example, if you have a receiver ranked 60, he's going to drop nearly every pass. If you have a very strong defense... the AI will not get a long drive on you.

Just played a few exhibition games at my friends place.

Hasselback is streaky, while I had a hard time getting Alexander to get going. Simmons got 2 INT TD's, which helped me be victorious in my first game.

Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

After scoring a TD, how do I do the celebrations ? I've already picked out all the ones I want.

Guest FrigidSoul

I've come up with a work-out regime thus far that is absolutely great for the QB, O-Line, Punter, and Kicker...but it drops the D-Line stats alot. Mild improvement to nothing at all for WR, Secondary, and LBer corp.

Guest MikeSC

Does anybody else have the computer making some ODD cuts?

Hell, the Cowboys cut Roy Williams from their team after Week 1. Made no bloody sense to me.

-=Mike