• Walls of Jericho
    • Figure-Four Leg Lock
    • Dragon Sleeper
    • Mandible Claw
    • Gail Kim's new submission finisher
    • STF
    • Kurt Angle's Leglace post-Ankle Lock

Guest I Got Banned for Sucking

Yeah, it wouldn't fit too well with Haas now...

Or it would fit perfectly. Whatever, he's not using it.

You could say the same for the Mandible Claw, but Foley was using that up to his most recent departure.

Guest Real F'n Show

Jamie Noble's Paydirt is my favorite, but out of these, the Crossface.

Guest wildpegasus

Crossface, but I really like Noble's finisher and Lesnar's Brock Lock. Lesnar's gone but it still deserves mention.

If I could've voted again, I probably would've gone for the Walls of Jericho.

The Blackout. ^

Considered that, but aswell as it not being used by Mack or Mark Henry anymore (thank fuck - for their absences mainly), it having the ability to be voted for would be laughable.

The Crossface of course, but I always do mark out when Jazz busts out with the STF. Oh and mad props to Christian for using my all-time favorite submission move: The Texas Cloverleaf!

If Haas had used that move in the two weeks or so before Judgment Day, he'd seem like a closeted homophobe trying to break away from Rico's mold.

Guest Prof_Plague

All of those submission finishers are greatl, well-excuted finishers. But, out of them all, I have loyalty of the sharpshooter. It may be a rather basic submission, but it's a classic.

The crossface. I love the different ways Benoit can put his opponents in the move. It's also good in the sense that depending on what the commentators sell it as, it can work the neck or the shoulder.

I voted for the Sharpshooter, but only because I was/am a massive Bret mark. If the Rock was still doing his shitty version of it on a regular basis i would have chosen the Crossface instead.

One question - is the STF the exact same thing as the Regal Stretch (which isnt on the list)? I'm having trouble remembering.

I voted for the ankle lock because I think it has been used better in matches than the rest of these. Angle and his opponents have used the ankle lock over the years to come up with some pretty good spots and transitions in matches. It also made Hogan tap which is a plus in my book. Second place would be crossface for me.

Guest BobBacklundRules

I only like the ankle lock when he grapevines the leg. The walls of jericho has to be the worst hold, but the old school lion tamer has always been a favorite of mine.

The Haas of Pain is a devastating finisher.

I voted for the Dragon Sleeper only because of when Owen and Jarrett would do it to Steve Blackman and the one not applying the move would kick Blackman in his groin. Devastating.

The Indian Death lock is a fairly good finisher also.

One question - is the STF the exact same thing as the Regal Stretch (which isnt on the list)? I'm having trouble remembering.

Not good in describing, I'll do my best.

No, they're not the same. STF (stepover toehold facelock..IIRC)...opponent lying on his stomach,you have the toehold on one leg and you have the facelock on the same time. Regal Stretch: similar position for the opponent, but both legs crossed (something like reverse indian deathlock) and simultaneously you crossface the opponent.

My vote for best submission: Crippler Crossface. Can be executed from the left or right side...I also loved whenever Benoit reverses a chokeslam mid-air into the Crossface. Smooth.

I voted for the ankle lock because I think it has been used better in matches than the rest of these. Angle and his opponents have used the ankle lock over the years to come up with some pretty good spots and transitions in matches.It also made Hogan tap which is a plus in my book. Second place would be crossface for me.

That is probably why the Ankle Lock is not a convincing finisher nowadays. I myself prefer the Ankle Lock+Legvine combo...or Ken Shamrock's version.

Just like to see anybody pick up the BrockLock as their finisher/add to their repertoire of moves. What a badass looking move.

Guest Anglesault

I think a standard STF leaves on leg free while the Regal Stretch has the legs criscrossed.

Guest Ray

If Brock hadn't left, it would be his "Brock Lock," but since he's gone, I'd go with Benoit's Sharpshooter.