Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

Warriors agree to trade Dampier to Dallas:

Link~

Here's the deal:

Warriors get: Eduardo Najera, Christian Laettner, 2 first-rounders and cash

Mavs get: Dampier, Evan Eschmeyer, and Dan Dickau

Horrible trade for GS, but of course it's expected from them.

Don Nelson has no idea how to handle a player like Dampier so unless he morphs into the Shaq from the all star game's past......I don't think this will have a big impact in the division. Can Dampier run the fastbreak or shoot from the outside?

From what I've seen of Dampier he's a just a typical low post player. He's good but I don't think he can really run the floor and certainly not hit any outside shots.

Dallas' offense should look drastically different next year with all of the changes they made.

Dallas got the better end of this trade but I think giving up 2 first round picks is a little much. They should have thrown in Stackhouse and kept the draft picks.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

Dampier was in double figures scoring last year, but he's hardly an offensive player. He'll get lots of rebounds and I assume thats what they expect out of him, plus a lil shot blocking and nothing more. I don't think it drastically helps Dallas at all either.

Christ, how many shooting guards do they got? Josh Howard, Finley, Stackhouse, Jason Terry? How long till all of them are on the floor at the same time?

C-Dirk

PF-Howard

SF-Finley

SG-Stack

PG-Terry

I can see this lineup in there shortly after the season starts.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

I wouldn't be suprised to see Stackhouse and Terry go in a Kidd trade in a couple months

Wait, wait, wait...

So The Warriors didn't like the Knicks offer of Kurt Thomas and Mazr Mohammed, but they took Eduardo Najera and Christian Laettner? ;)

Christ, how many shooting guards do they got? Josh Howard, Finley, Stackhouse, Jason Terry? How long till all of them are on the floor at the same time?

Add the german center and you have the starting lineup.

C-Dirk

PF-Howard

SF-Finley

SG-Stack

PG-Terry

I can see this lineup in there shortly after the season starts.

There's no way that Josh Howard is going to be starting Power Forward in the west. He's 6-7. At most he can play SF. Dirk will probably get moved to PF and Erick Dampier should play Center because that is his natural position.

If Dampier doesn't start it will be a huge waste of his talent and this entire trade will have had no point.

I didn't mean starting, I just meant at some point during a game I could see Nelson putting that lineup in.

Don Nelson will use Shawn Bradley at point guard if he has to, god dammit.

Golden State must be allergic to having a successful NBA team. Two years ago they come pretty damn close to sneaking into the playoffs, so that offseason they seemingly do all they can to ensure they stay crap, last year they're more competitive than they should be for most of the season, but i guess they're still too good for managements liking so they trade one of their few bright spots last year in Dampier for less than nothing.

They'll still probably be better than some Eastern Conference playoff teams, but in a conference where nearly everyone's gotten better Eduardo Najera and Christian Laettner aren't exactly the answer.

I've accepted the fact that all the Golden State Warriors team is good for is a training ground for NBA players. If they play well, then they leave. If not they stay.

I don't know what the hell Jason Richardson when he resigned.

Any idea on who owns the Warriors? Does he have a Donald Sterling thing going? I'm sure the team still regularly makes decent coin, even if they do consistently suck.

It really is mind boggling to think that Golden State hasn't been to the playoffs since 1994, something even the Clippers can say they've done. The team has been and always will be worthless, because there is no reason at all for anyone to stay there for. While the location is nice, the team has no direction and has never had any. Definately the worst team in the last decade or two.

From ESPN.com's sports ticker-

Chicago Bulls waive Forward Paul Shirley.

Phoenix Suns signed Center Steven Hunter.

These moves obviously have playoff implications

From ESPN.com's sports ticker-

Chicago Bulls waive Forward Paul Shirley.

Phoenix Suns signed Center Steven Hunter.

These moves obviously have playoff implications

who the hell are they?

I think if Don Nelson and Run TMC came back, right now, they'd still be better than last year's team.

Yeah they would be. That would actually be the best move Mullin could make as GM because so far he is turning into Danny Ainge circa last year/month/week/today thus meaning he makes stupid ass trades for the sake of making stupid ass trades. Early 1990's Warriors with Webber, Spree, Tim Hardaway, Chris Mullin and Chris FUCKING Gatling were awesome. Too bad the RUN-TMC era teams were awesome with three point sharpshooter Manute Bol

Paul Shirley still exists?!

Good Lord.

Steven Hunter is very tall. Yes.

Chris Gatling is the man. He needs to come back and play for a team that he hasn't played for yet and get traded 2 or 3 times right before the trade deadline.

Well a shooting is about the only thing a Blazers player hasn't gotten in trouble over in the past few seasons, but we're getting closer. The team must have a quota they need to reach each year for the amount of stupid things/situations they get themselves into.

So who wants to give me the odds on Zach Randolph being the next "Really talented guy who disappears off the face of the Earth"? The reigning champ is Isiah Rider, who took the title back from Shawn Kemp when Kemp made a cameo with the Magic a year ago or so.

The Bucks signed Maurice Williams. And that begs the question: Who the fuck is Maurice Williams?

From the Orlando Sentinel, don't know how good they are, but...

Don't be surprised to hear word that Pat Riley and the Miami Heat are pursuing Memphis point guard Jason Williams, the former University of Florida player. New center Shaquille O'Neal has encouraged it, which is more than a little significant.

Getting Williams would allow Riley to use up-and-coming star Dwyane Wade as a shooting guard, which is his natural position, instead of at point, where he tried to play as a rookie last season.

Part of the deal would include Miami sending small forward Eddie Jones and either Damon Jones or Keyon Dooling to Memphis, who might throw in James Posey to make it work.

It's no coincidence that O'Neal and Williams are Central Florida neighbors with homes in Islesworth. Williams early in his career was both praised and criticized for his flashy style of play, but he has toned it down enough that he would work well with O'Neal. Together, they could make the Heat a joy to watch.

B-) Damn right it could.