TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest NaturalBornThriller4:20

NBA Offseason News and Moves

Who has Potopinko, did he go back to the Celtics? Maybe Olowakandi has the specific brain type that Danny Ainge likes and they could make a deal.

Guest JohnnySwift
Who has Potopinko, did he go back to the Celtics? Maybe Olowakandi has the specific brain type that Danny Ainge likes and they could make a deal.

Potopinko is still with Seattle thankfully. I don't see where Ainge would have room for Olowakandi since the C's have Blount returning, Mihm (an Ainge favorite) and La Frenz coming back from injury. I doubt Olowakandi would be any more effective in the east then he is currently.

from sixers.com

Philadelphia 76ers President and General Manager Billy King announced today that the Sixers have acquired forward Corliss Williamson and an undisclosed amount of cash in exchange for forward Derrick Coleman and center Amal McCaskill. McCaskill, a free agent who played for the 76ers in 2003-04, was re-signed to a contract today prior to the trade with the Detroit Pistons.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing Darko will get a lot of playing time.

All Philly has to do is get Glenn Robinson to have a good season or trade him off.

I had completely forgot that Amal McCaskill was even in the league anymore. Why on earth would Detroit want him?

Damn Detroit is starting to collect a lot of hosses from around the league.

Ben Wallace

Elden Campbell

Derrick Coleman

Antonio McDyess

Rasheed Wallace

Amal McCaskill

Too bad Cleveland scooped up Robert Traylor. He would have fit right into the mix of hosses. Darko was intentionally left out of the list of Detroit hosses.

Shareef is just a horrible fit for Minnesota. He's not a very good defender, all he does very well is score, and Minnesota has no shortage of capable scorers with KG, Spree, Cassell, Wally and Hudson. He'll get 8 boards a game on a weak inside team but he's not very agressive on the glass, gets them more due to length and good read of the carems. IF there is a better rebounder on the team he will not make an impact. Look at his stats once he started playing with Randolph, he went down to like 4 or 5 boards a game.

KG shouldn't play center because he's simply more effective at the four.

And as for Kandi Man, he's a good player who had some bad luck last year. If you watched the Playoffs you'll notice that he turned in some very good performances in a limited role. Even with Shaq gone you need a capable big man in the West to compete with Yao and Duncan and when Olowokandi is healthy and on his game he can give those guys a tough matchup. This was also the first real injury of his career so it's too early to write him off as injury prone and I suspect he'll have a very productive year this season, not to mention that Ervin Johnson offers nothing except 15-20 minutes of effort a game. McHale would be a fool to take "the first offer," but thankfully he understands the value of a skilled big man.

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

too bad he doesn't have any

The Crawford trade is finally official

Knicks get:

Crawford (7 years, at least $56 million)

Williams (3 years, $18 million)

Bulls get:

Mutumbo (1 year, $4.5 million)

Harrington (1 year, $3.85 million)

Trybanski (1 year, $1.8 million)

Williams (1 year, $1 million)

now the Knicks are trying to package Thomas and Mohammed for Erick Dampier

just for the hell of it, here's the Knicks if all this goes through

Marbury

Crawford

Thomas

Sweetney

Dampier

Houston

Penny

Anderson

Norris

Guest Smell the ratings!!!

Apparently Detroit will cut both Coleman and....uh...the other guy. They just wanted to get rid of the Big Nasty Contract

I know Peja's pissed off about Webber and Vlade, but I can't think of a better fit for him in the whole league then the Kings. I hope he stays put. Because you know the Kings will want Dirk, and Cuban will say hell no.

I must bring this up...

Kidd for Peja?

I know the Kings already have Mike Bibby at PG but he is expendable and can be used as trade bait to get a SF from another team.

The Crawford trade is finally official

Knicks get:

Crawford (7 years, at least $56 million)

Williams (3 years, $18 million)

Bulls get:

Mutumbo (1 year, $4.5 million)

Harrington (1 year, $3.85 million)

Trybanski (1 year, $1.8 million)

Williams (1 year, $1 million)

Thank god Jerome Williams is gone. He only ever had one good game in a Bulls uniform.

Cezary Trybanski can teach the big men in the windy city how to have no talent and yet stay employed.

I'm happy about the additions of Harrington and Mutumbo. They should bring something useful to the team. I'm very excited about Chandler being able to work with Mutumbo. This could mean great things for Chandler in the future in terms of his defense.

Also Frank Williams might want to play decent like he did in college now that he's back in his home state. I'm not counting on anything useful out of him or Trybanski though.

The Blazers #1 priority is to land a sharpshooter this offseason and Peja is on of the best obviously. They could trade SAR to Sacto for him straight up if theyre contracts match. SAR could start at SF with the Kings if he wanted to play it.

If Peja wants out of Sacramento i hope Portland makes a move for him, Stojakovic will top just about anything else the Blazers could get for Abdur-Rahim. Maybe throw in another player or two and they should have as good a deal available as anyone else, Stojakovic outside, Randolph inside and Ratliff clogging the middle defensively with the likes of Anderson and Miles around them sounds good to me.