TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Like Justice League?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Here's a link to the NEW, NEW, NEW full time roster of the JL.

http://jl.toonzone.net/004/001.jpg

The new guys are (from left to right and in the air):

Etrigan the Demon

Zatanna

Green Arrow

Aquaman

Supergirl

Dr. Fate

Captain Atom

Orion

This is wicked hardcore, fellas.

Guest netslob
The people and I demand Plastic Man.

i second that.

and at least one appearance by the Doom Patrol.

Isn't this the highly touted Justice League: Unlimited where Supes, Bats et al will play background/mentor roles to the new kids?

Guest PlatinumBoy

They need to have an episode guest staring Booster Gold and Blue Beetle. That would make my day--or a Manhunter on oreos episode. Either would rock.

On the positive: a look at "new" characters from the D.C. universe.

The negative: I'm going to be VERY pissed if Supes, Bats and the rest become BACKGROUND characters. I got no problem with stories where one or more of them team up with the likes of Orion or The Demon, etc., but I don't want stories that focus only on the antics of the Atom.

Guest El Satanico

They would be foolish to push the big names entirely into the background, but they need to step aside to give the new people screen time. If the big names never get moved aside to let the new people have episodes focused on them, then it's pointless to bring in new people.

I can't wait for JLU to start on August 7th. This is going to be great

Here is a ton of news I read about the cartoon

* There are 22 episodes on tap for the first season of Justice League Unlimited(or third season of Justice League.)

* First episode stars Green Lantern, Green Arrow, Supergirl and Captain Atom.

* About 60 characters will be seen in the opening shot of the episode

All these Justice League notes are from the Warner Bros. Animation panel during the Wondercon convention

* Mongul returns in the second episode of the third season, an adaptation of the Alan Moore story, "For the Man Who Has Everything."

"It's a really intense episode," Timm said. "Mongul is definitely scary than in the episode 'War World.'"

* Wonder Woman characters Circe and Ares will be villains. Other villains include Chronos and the return of Amazo.

"The Amazo show is probably the biggest episode of Season 3," Timm said. "We went into this thinking we would have small groups of heroes, like three or four. And the Amazo returns show is so huge, it's got like an army of super-heroes going after Amazo. It's going to be something to see."

* Berkowitz noted that Dennis Farina is providing the voice of WildCat in an episode written by Bob Goodman.

* Black Canary won't be appearing in Season 3, but early on in Season 4.

* Timm said that the vehicles in Justice League Unlimited, including a new Javelin, will be digitally created.

"The 3-D modeling that they do overseas is just so much better than they did even three or four years ago," Timm said.

* Timm said that the Batman Beyond world might be touched upon in Justice League. "Kind of like what they did with the Static Shock/Batman Beyond crossover episode this past season," he said. "We're talking about doing something similar with Batman Beyond and our show."

* Timm said there are no plans to use Nightwing.

"If they had done another direct-to-video, we probably would have dealt with Nightwing, or if they had done more episodes," Dini said. "It was always in the back of our minds."

* Dini said the episode featuring Zatanna is "pretty much a continuation of that storyline" from the Batman animated series.

Paul Dini said the episode he wrote is "a mystical throwdown between Circe and Zatanna."

"The episode is a lot of fun, It's very magical."

It also turned out to be one of his last assignments for Warner Bros. Animation. Dini announced on his web site earlier this week that he is leaving Warner and pursuing other opportunities. 

Dini has a history with the Zatanna character, dating back to her appearance in Batman: The Animated Series in an episode titled "Zatanna."

"I always liked the character and liked writing her in Batman and Justice League," he said. "Occasionally, I would throw her into Gotham Girls when I was doing those. I was going to do a series of Vertigo one-shots with the character. I did one, and then due to time and some concerns with DC for the character to appear elsewhere, I had to suspend that. At some point I may go back and write more about her."

Batman will appear in the Justice League Unlimited episode.

"It does kind of get into the relationship with Batman and Zatanna, with friends merging toward something else and then going back to friends again," Dini said. "It does kind of examine their relationship."

Jennifer Hale is providing the voice of Zatanna.

* The Elongated Man will appear, as voiced by Jeremy Piven.

* Supergirl will be appearing at least twice.

* Timm said The Question turned out to be one of his favorite characters.

"When we recorded the episode with him, we got Jeffrey Combs, from the Re-Animator movies, to play The Question," Timm said. "And he's so creepy. He's like the creepiest hero character we've ever had in any of the shows. We were all totally jazzed when we recorded that show. He was awesome."

*Timm said that despite all the new characters, there's still room for character development.

"Even though every episode will feature new characters and some episodes will have almost no characters from Seasons 1 and 2 in it -- episode 4 prominently features Green Arrow and Supergirl and The Question and J'onn J'onzz is a supporting character and Batman's not in it, Superman's not in it and Wonder Woman's not in it -- and it's one of my favorite episodes of the season," he said.

"It's called having your cake and eat it, too. There's going to be some episodes that feel like the first two seasons, and there's going to be some episodes that feel radically different. And some episodes will feel half and half. So if we really play our cards right, it's going to be a really satisfying show."

Timm said when work began on the new season he thought it would be more of anthology show because of the self-contained format.

"We didn't think the shows were going to connect in a season-long story arc," Timm said. "And we got to Episode 4, and we realized we already had a story arc in place. We realized that there were all these plot threads that we had going quite a ways in the past that we could connect into a bigger, broader story arc. So now we're focusing all our energy on that. And by the time you get to Season 4, it's going to be quite the epic story arc."

Update

"Cartoon Network has pushed up the premiere of Justice League Unlimited a week.

The first episode of the revamped series, "Initiation," will air on Saturday, July 31, at 8:30 p.m. (ET).

Look for the "Starcrossed" movie to repeat on Saturday, July 24 at 7:30 p.m. (ET)."

Jeffrey Combs + ANYTHING = Ownage.

I'm hoping we get to see The Creeper return, myself.

Eh, Dini only wrote one episode of Justice League as he was preoccupied with Duck Dodgers, so I don't think it will have an effect.

The episode was the first one-parter, last season's "Comfort and Joy", in case you didn't know.

Here is info on the first five episodes:

* Saturday, July 31: "Initiation"

A reluctant Green Arrow is asked to join the new Justice League. He, Supergirl and Captain Atom are dispatched on a mission to stop a rampaging nuclear monster in Asia.

* Saturday, Aug. 7: "For the Man Who Has Everything"

Batman and Wonder Woman surprise Superman at the Fortress of Solitude, in order to bring the Man of Steel his birthday present. But when they arrive, he has been immobilized by a special "gift" that Mongul has delivered to him.

* Saturday, Aug. 14: "Hawk and Dove"

Two siblings, one a pacifist and the other more aggressive, join Wonder Woman in a mission to stop a war between two neighbors. It turns out that the escalation of the conflict is all part of Ares' plan to spread misery.

* Saturday, Aug. 21: "Fearful Symmetry"

When Supergirl begins having some very disturbing dreams, she gets help from Green Arrow and The Question to figure out what is happening. It turns out she may not be dreaming after all.

* Saturday, Aug. 28: "Kids' Stuff"

Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern are transformed into 8-year-olds in a desperate attempt to save the world from the magic of Mordred.

Oh my...they're actually making Aquaman a recurring character?

Aquaman has always been a lousy character and I didn't like him when he last appeared in Justice League (that two parter). So not only doesn't he even really have any decent powers (he's kinda strong and has tough skin), but he was a complete prick and his own stupidity cost him his hand.

Oh, and when he got his throne back, he was a vindicative, vengeful S.O.B. and killed off his usurper anyway.

Great character, guys. Hopefully they kill him off or completely turn his character around.

Other than that, I love the Justice League series and can't wait for the new episodes. It's just that the time slot is pretty bad for me.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
Oh my...they're actually making Aquaman a recurring character?

Aquaman has always been a lousy character and I didn't like him when he last appeared in Justice League (that two parter). So not only doesn't he even really have any decent powers (he's kinda strong and has tough skin), but he was a complete prick and his own stupidity cost him his hand.

Oh, and when he got his throne back, he was a vindicative vengeful S.O.B. and killed off his usurper anyway.

Great character, guys. Hopefully they kill him off.

Other than that, I love the Justice League series and can't wait for the new episodes. It's just that the time slot is pretty bad for me.

He inspired loathing in you, which does make him interesting. If you watch to see him get his ass kicked, you still you watch in part because of him.

"He inspired loathing in you, which does make him interesting. If you watch to see him get his ass kicked, you still you watch in part because of him. "

Zorn and Supes take the most punishment out of any of them.

Unless Aqua gets skewered on a fish hook or something like that I'm not going to be watching any episodes where he's the focus.

Of course, if they completely turn him around then we have something. In his current state, he's lousy.

Guest JMA

It's a great idea to adapt "For The Man Who Has Everything" for JLU. That's truly one of the grestest Superman stories ever.

Too bad about Nightwing not showing up, though.

Has anyone seen the JLU promo on the cartoon network?It's really sweet(includes Wonder Woman delivering a textbook German Suplex on Mongul) and just because I'm bored I have taken the time of listing every character I could identify from the video.

Captain Atom

Wonder Woman

Atom

Mr. Terrific

Elongated Man

Atom Smasher

Waverider

Creeper

Aquaman

Hawk

Dove

Dr. Light(Female version)

Wildcat

Johnny Thunderbolt

Vixen

Aztek

The Question

Booster Gold

Crimson Fox

Blue Devil

Aquaman

Rocket Red

Vigilante

Red Tornado

The Demon

Green Lantern

Supergirl

Green Arrow

Superman

Martian Manhunter

Batman

Flash

Power Girl

Metamorpho

Hourman

Obsidian

Fire

Ice

Steel

Huntress

and there is still a bunch more left that I couldn't tell because they were too small to identify.

Creeper + Blue Devil + Aztek + Booster FUCKING Gold = awesomeness.

Too bad this isn't the Hal Jordan GL, because we could have got some sweet GL / GA teamups.

They are trying to keep Teen Titans away from the rest of the super-hero shows, I thought. So Nightwing won't be showing up on JLU. Or at least if I'm right about the Teen Titans thing.

Two siblings, one a pacifist and the other more aggressive, join Wonder Woman in a mission to stop a war between two neighbors. It turns out that the escalation of the conflict is all part of Ares' plan to spread misery.

Yeah, I noticed them in the promos. Was anyone really asking for these two?

I have to add to the Jeffrey Combs love.

And Jeremy Piven as Elongated Man sounds about right. But who's gonna voice Sue?

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen

Yeah, I noticed them in the promos. Was anyone really asking for these two?

I have to add to the Jeffrey Combs love.

And Jeremy Piven as Elongated Man sounds about right. But who's gonna voice Sue?

I WAS!

DITKO = RULE!

Dennis Farina is providing the voice of WildCat in an episode written by Bob Goodman.

Whoever did the casting for the actors of the new characters did a great job.

Guest JMA

They are trying to keep Teen Titans away from the rest of the super-hero shows, I thought. So Nightwing won't be showing up on JLU. Or at least if I'm right about the Teen Titans thing.

Nightwing isn't on Teen Titans, though. The only appearance he had was when Starfire traveled to the future where Robin had become Nightwing. This leads me to believe that the Robin on Teen Titans is Dick Grayson and not Tim Drake. Therefore, I believe that the show doesn't exist in the same continuity as Justice League Unlimited.