TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
1234-5678

Review of Flair's book

I look forward to watching Foley blow up about this. Foley is a guy who just *cannot* take any form of criticism in any way. I remember he was about to hunt down people who didn't like his second book with a shotgun, or something.

Foley>Sting, JAx? You been listening to 'Fall to Pieces' again?

UYI

Foley's got way more charisma and understanding of ring psychology then that dullard Sting.

He also has many more memorable matches under his belt. What's Sting got? Clash Of The Champions I? Starrcade '97?

Guest Anglesault

Hart did use his brother's death as a vehicle against Vince, and Foley started the shit with Flair in his book, and everyone expects Flair to just roll over?

Guest wildpegasus
Foley vs. Vader>Sting vs. Vader

Well, I predicted at least 10 pages and so far we have 5. We're getting there.

Which Foley vs Vader match are you talking about? Because Sting vs Vader from memory is in the upper tier of matches on North American soil.

Guest nikowwf

AGAIN, could those of you who have the book say where you got it? i cant find it!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

niko

:cheers:

Of course this discussion of who was in the right to make any comments here turns into a debate of who had the better fight with a four hundred pound masked man named Leon.

It's funny how quickly everyone's opinion has changed. When Flair's DVD was out, everyone was riding his jock about what an awesome wrestler he is.

Now, he insults someone in a book...who previously insulted him in a book...and suddenly, all his matches were exactly the same and Flair's a senile old coot.

Funny that.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

What did he say about Scott Steiner?

It's funny how quickly everyone's opinion has changed. When Flair's DVD was out, everyone was riding his jock about what an awesome wrestler he is.

Now, he insults someone in a book...who previously insulted him in a book...and suddenly, all his matches were exactly the same and Flair's a senile old coot.

Funny that.

Hey now, I've always questioned Flair's matches. Don't group me in here with these sheep.

Funny that.

This book changes nothing in my mind. His matches ARE all the same (for the most part) and he IS a senile old coot.

Guest Anglesault

To be fair, everyone acknowledged that the man was a senile old coot before the book came out. And that he occasionally works TV absolutely blasted.

Yeah...I guess the senile bit was covered over the whole 'insider language' deal.

And to be fair, some people haven't changed their opinions. There's plenty that have though. They know who they are.

Ooh, and Sting vs. Vader > Foley vs. Vader.

Guest Anglesault
Blasted? Nah.

Definately. Remember that show in like February where they had the "Evolution talking to each other in the parking lot" deal and Flair was tripping over his words and kind of continued the conversation after everyone left?

Or that best Mania match show, where he couldn't climb the ladder by the end?

Guest Loss

Flair's personality should have nothing to do with what you think of his talent level, whether you love both, have both or love one and hate the other.

I often notice a huge inability to differentiate between two things involving the same person.

Guest LiberalFlip

I just don’t understand why Flair keeps pushing this whole “Mick was never a star until he went to Vince” shit. Does he realize how bad it makes HIM look? He practically admits he blatantly misused him, so where else in the mid-90’s could one go to become a star in North America? He had a great following in ECW and Japan, and when the WWF finally realized his potential and gave him a shot, he hit a home run. I just don’t get what point Flair is trying to prove. I am starting to subscribe to the whole Flair = senile argument.

Comparing the two talents, I’ll stay away from the workrate argument, as I know you guys tend to get all Anne Heche over that kind of bullshit. To me, Mick was far more creative personality wise. Flair rarely strayed from the “ I get laid a lot, I get paid a lot, I’m RIC FLAIR” type promos. Whereas Mick could go from sympathetic baby face to diabolical heel in almost a heartbeat. The summer of 1997 where Mick would go from cheesy Dude Love to Mankind, to Cactus Jack was a wrestling tour-de-force.

And enough of the far-reaching Brutus Beefcake comparisons. Foley never compared Flair to Bob Holly, he just said Flair had behavior deficiencies. If Flair wants to rip Mick, make up some stories about him like any other good feud. Fuck all of this, ‘ I rolled around with Verne Gagne and other assorted old white men in 50 feet of snow and 140 degree weather, putting on headlocks and wristwatches so therefore you must bow to my greatness’ nonsense that every washed up hack always bitterly spits out. This wrestling shit is fake Ric, get a grip. The idea is to entertain the folks and draw money, Foley did both.

I will get the book. Looks like Flair is dishin it out, so whether I agree or disagree, it will be entertaining. No way in fuck I’ll pay 40 bucks tho.

Hart did use his brother's death as a vehicle against Vince, and Foley started the shit with Flair in his book, and everyone expects Flair to just roll over?

No, but I do expect Flair to make a comeback that doesn't make him sound like an ignorant old man. As I pointed out earlier in Flair's RAW Magazine article he came off like he didn't even know about Foley's wrestling training with De Nucci or his road to becoming a wrestler.

Oh and Foley never bashed Flair's ring abilities. In fact he called him one of the best. Foley just didn't like how Flair treated him when Flair was a booker and with good reason.

Guest Anglesault
Oh and Foley never bashed Flair's ring abilities. In fact he called him one of the best. Foley just didn't like how Flair treated him when Flair was a booker and with good reason.

And Flair never denied that Foley was a star and a great attraction. He just thinks that Mick wasn't a very good wrestler.

I’ll stay away from the workrate argument, as I know you guys tend to get all Anne Heche over that kind of bullshit.

Did you just call us a bunch of wannabe lesbians? :angry:

Guest Anglesault
Wonderful, Anglesault's going back to the Ric Flair is a Drunk argument.

He doesn't have to be a drunk. He's just drunk it public a lot.

Who cares if he is drunk? That's good stuff as long as he isn't wrestling that way.

Since we're on this topic, for the guys who already managed to get this book some how, any good party stories in there?

Wonderful, Anglesault's going back to the Ric Flair is a Drunk argument.

He doesn't have to be a drunk. He's just drunk it public a lot.

Proof other than your own opinion?

Guest Anglesault
No if he was drunk then we would probably get hours of laughs out of it. A drunk Flair in character would be great.

Check out some of the Raw's in January and February.

Proof other than your own opinion?

Other people's opinion. No, I didn't do a breath test, but I'm pretty good at spotting drunk people. It's like the drunk version of Gaydar.

Ah yes, the Gaydar you supposedly posess, like SK's supposed Gaydar where you attempt to call someone specific in a pastime filled with men in tights a homosexual. And oddly, it's always someone you have a disposition against already.

And it's a REAL hoot when you cite others' opinions as proof that your own is correct.

Funny that.

You know there is a differance in what comes out of the ring and what comes out of someone's mouth.....take Teddy Hart as an example.

Guest Anglesault
Ah yes, the Gaydar you supposedly posess, like SK's supposed Gaydar where you attempt to call someone specific in a pastime filled with men in tights a homosexual. And oddly, it's always someone you have a disposition against already.

What?

And it's a REAL hoot when you cite others' opinions as proof that your own is correct.

I was just pointing out that I'm not the only one who thought Flair was drunk based on the way he was acting.