TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Astro

Oprah vs Letterman

Guest Astro

I read in Entertainment Weekly that these 2 are fueding, anyone know what spawned it?

I don't know if it's a feud so much as it is Letterman being upset Oprah won't do his show. The Super Bowl of Love would have kicked ass.

Here's what happened.

Letterman was eating at a restaurant with some friends. He finds out that halfway through the meal that Oprah was at the same restaurant with some of her friends.

So as he leaves, he tells the waiter to give the tab to Oprah because the meal was on her. Except it wasn't. Oprah is stuck paying Dave's bill.

This turns into a bunch of goofyness where Dave is asking Oprah to come on his show, and started buying space to have "OPRAH CALL DAVE" on billboards and signs and crap. It just spiraled on from there when Oprah didn't find it very funny.

Oprah likes "Fued," but I had no idea about a feud between the two.

If you say "fued" out loud like it's spelled, it sounds like "food"...and Oprah's fat.

I also find this whole "feud" between the two to be hilarious. Oprah needs to learn how to not take herself so seriously. Whenever I hear of stories like this, I'm reminded of that SNL skit where Tim Meadows was Oprah and was being carried around on a bed like an Egyptian queen, while the men carrying her chanted, "Ohhhhhhhprah. Ohhhhhhhprah." Then she referred to herself in the third person a whole lot, and called herself, "The Oprah."

I picture her a lot like that in real life.

Letterman also added fuel to the fire a few years back when hosting the Academy Awards. He took alot of shots at Oprah, which I found funny. Oprah however had a look of a disgust on her ugly kisser.

Well this is about the most one-sided feud I've ever seen in my life. It's also the most one-sided fued I've ever seen in my life. And that's saying something.

But this fued, or feud, better stay contained to just those two, because I bet Dr. Phil could lay a Texas-sized whoopin' on Paul.

Letterman pwns Oprah on every level. Letterman is just the man, the funny thing was when Dr. Phil came on the show, I couldn't beleave Dr. Phil even did the show, but as far as I know Oprah didn't even come up in the convo.

Guest Redhawk

I heard that Oprah did Dave's show one time and he made some jokes about her while she was on, and that's what started their feud. SInce then he's asked her to do his show again but she refuses. But I don't remember where I read that, so it might be wrong. What Dave needs to do is get Stedman to do his show...although Oprah would probably dump Stedman for betraying her like that.