TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SamoaRowe

Who's the Worst WWE Champion Ever?

Who is the Worst WWE Champion of all time?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Worst WWE Champion of all time?

• John Bradshaw Layfield
    • Big Show
    • Stan Stasiak
    • Antonio Inoki
    • Ivan Koloff
    • Iron Sheik
    • Sgt. Slaughter
    • Diesel
    • Sid Vicious
    • Vince McMahon

One of the first 2 HHH runs could be included, it was obvious that he wasn't over enough to get the belt and yet he was all over the shows for 3 months to barely any reaction.

I think Guerrero was a lousy champion.

If you're gonna rip up Diesel for not being a draw or having memorable matches, then you must do the same for Eddie.

House shows are being cancelled everywhere. Smackdown! is lousy. He's the main focus. He didn't have any stand-out defenses, save for Angle. And he lost it to a mid-carder.

As if it's his fault that his opponents suck?

And vs Mysterio on Smackdown was very good.

Ray, you just proved his point. Diesel was a poor champion because business was crap during his reign and his matches were poor. However, Eddie Guerrero was not a poor champion because it's not his fault business is every bit as bad as it was then and his opponents make his matches suck. Hypocracy to say the least.

1. Eddy's matches with Bradshaw were just as good as Diesel's match with Shawn Michaels at Wrestlemania XI. The only good Diesel matches from the period were against Bret Hart @ Royal Rumble and Bret Hart @ Survivor Series. Eddy/Brock & Eddy/Angle were comparable with both. Quality-wise, Eddy was a better champion.

2. Eddy Guerrero isn't headlining shows featuring 150 people in a high school gym the way Diesel did. WWE is still making a profit. Diesel's run almost put them out of business.

Guest krazykat72

I actually think Diesel/Michaels at 'Mania XI was > the Diesel/Bret matches at the Rumble and Survivor Series. Hart and Nash never really clicked for me.

-Paul Jacobi-

Guest wayzing

Turns out I'm the first one to vote for (against?) Sgt. Slaughter.

He was a great worker earlier on in his career but the choice Vince made when he picked Slaughter to try to sell the 100.000 capacity LA Memorial Coliseum out with Hogan for WrestleMania VII was a disaster. It cost WWF tons of bad publicity and of course they had to move the event to the 20.000 capacity LA Sports Arena because of lacking ticket sales.

For a midcard gimmick his Iraq sympathy kinda worked I suppose but once the war started around the Royal Rumble putting the title on Slaughter was the worst champion decision Vince ever made. The only upside was that we got the amazing Warrior/Savage feud that culminated at WM7 instead of the Ultimate Rematch with Hogan/Warrior (which I personally think had a shot at selling enough tickets to fill the Memorial Coliseum).

Obviously there have been less deserving performers than Slaughter but the impact of the reign is what counts.

I'd put Diesel second.

2. Eddy Guerrero isn't headlining shows featuring 150 people in a high school gym the way Diesel did. WWE is still making a profit. Diesel's run almost put them out of business.

Comparing the business now with the business in 1995, of course today is better. That isn't what makes Diesel a bad champion. The WWE is making a profit today because of the success running over from the Austins and Rocks, along with today's stars...not just Eddie Guerrero.

Ray, you just proved his point. Diesel was a poor champion because business was crap during his reign and his matches were poor. However, Eddie Guerrero was not a poor champion because it's not his fault business is every bit as bad as it was then and his opponents make his matches suck. Hypocracy to say the least.

Exactly.

But you forgot about the bit where Bradshaw is a horrible champion because Smackdown's house show attendance is down, but Eddie can't be blamed because the line-ups were poor for his reign.

Guest combat_rock
Sid's overness in 96 still surprises me to this day.

*watches WM 11, SummerSlam & Survivor Series 96

How did he do it?!! :huh:

It's all in the name!

God save the queen! :headbang:

Why has Vince gotten the second most votes (15)?

His was a run that lasted about a week, and helped set up the WWF storylines for the remainder of that year. Without his title win, there probably wouldn't have been an on screen union of Steph/HHH, which in turn helped get HHH over with masses and scored some big revenue based on his feud with the Rock.

Vince's win, while ego based and undeserving for someone of his 'talent', wasnt a bad thing for the WWF, and in retrospect probably helped business at a time when his top star (stone cold) was on the bench with knee problems and would soon be out for over a year with neck problems.

When the hell did Antonio Inoki hold the WWF Title? Anyway, Kahran got it right in stating that Diesel's was the most damaging.

Inoki won the title briefly from Bob Backlund while the WWF were visiting Japan (I believe). The title change wasn't really acknowledged in the states.

Iron Sheik. He wasn't even that great of a wrestler. The only thing he had going for him was Blassie, and a champ who could carry him. His only challengers before Hogan where Backuland, Tito Santana, and CJS (Cheif Jay Strongbow). Most of his matches sucked anyways, and Hogan had to carry him. At the time, I thought he was a mid-card heel act. I have some matches of him as champ, and he sucked. I haven't seen some of his earlier stuff, but he sucked then.