TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
justsoyouknow

What's religion are you (or should you be)?

Guest Agent of Oblivion

1. Unitarian Universalism (100%)

2. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (96%)

3. Secular Humanism (92%)

4. Liberal Quakers (86%)

5. Nontheist (80%)

6. Neo-Pagan (78%)

7. Theravada Buddhism (72%)

8. Bahá'í Faith (68%)

9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (60%)

10. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (58%)

11. New Age (56%)

12. Taoism (56%)

13. Reform Judaism (53%)

14. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (50%)

15. New Thought (45%)

16. Mahayana Buddhism (41%)

17. Scientology (37%)

18. Sikhism (36%)

19. Orthodox Quaker (36%)

20. Jehovah's Witness (31%)

21. Eastern Orthodox (20%)

22. Islam (20%)

23. Orthodox Judaism (20%)

24. Roman Catholic (20%)

25. Seventh Day Adventist (19%)

26. Jainism (17%)

27. Hinduism (8%)

Totally wrong.

1. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (100%)

2. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (91%)

3. Jehovah's Witness (85%)

4. Bahá'í Faith (79%)

5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (79%)

6. Orthodox Judaism (74%)

7. Eastern Orthodox (71%)

8. Roman Catholic (71%)

9. Seventh Day Adventist (69%)

10. Orthodox Quaker (68%)

11. Islam (64%)

12. Sikhism (56%)

13. Liberal Quakers (51%)

14. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (50%)

15. Jainism (43%)

16. Reform Judaism (42%)

17. Hinduism (41%)

18. Unitarian Universalism (41%)

19. Mahayana Buddhism (35%)

20. Theravada Buddhism (33%)

21. Neo-Pagan (31%)

22. New Thought (23%)

23. New Age (22%)

24. Scientology (22%)

25. Secular Humanism (21%)

26. Nontheist (19%)

27. Taoism (16%)

Yep... it's accurate *dodges flying metal objects from most TSM posters*

1. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (100%)

2. Orthodox Quaker (92%)

3. Eastern Orthodox (89%)

4. Roman Catholic (89%)

5. Seventh Day Adventist (84%)

6. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (75%)

7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (75%)

8. Jehovah's Witness (68%)

9. Hinduism (62%)

10. Orthodox Judaism (57%)

11. Islam (49%)

12. Sikhism (46%)

13. Liberal Quakers (45%)

14. Unitarian Universalism (39%)

15. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (36%)

16. Reform Judaism (36%)

17. Neo-Pagan (34%)

18. Jainism (33%)

19. Bahá'í Faith (32%)

20. Scientology (31%)

21. Mahayana Buddhism (29%)

22. Theravada Buddhism (28%)

23. New Age (25%)

24. Secular Humanism (23%)

25. New Thought (22%)

26. Nontheist (16%)

27. Taoism (14%)

Got me about perfect, but what is Jainism?

Guest Choken One

2. Liberal Quakers (94%)

3. Neo-Pagan (86%)

4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)

5. Mahayana Buddhism (84%)

6. Reform Judaism (82%)

7. New Age (80%)

8. New Thought (75%)

9. Bahá'í Faith (72%)

10. Scientology (72%)

11. Hinduism (68%)

12. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (63%)

13. Secular Humanism (62%)

14. Taoism (60%)

15. Theravada Buddhism (60%)

16. Jainism (57%)

17. Orthodox Judaism (56%)

18. Sikhism (56%)

19. Orthodox Quaker (55%)

20. Islam (49%)

21. Nontheist (36%)

22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (34%)

23. Seventh Day Adventist (31%)

24. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (23%)

25. Eastern Orthodox (21%)

26. Roman Catholic (21%)

27. Jehovah's Witness (14%)

Guest JMA

2. Secular Humanism (95%)

3. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (93%)

4. Liberal Quakers (86%)

5. Nontheist (76%)

6. Theravada Buddhism (67%)

7. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (67%)

8. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (66%)

9. Neo-Pagan (65%)

10. Bahá'í Faith (62%)

11. Reform Judaism (58%)

12. New Thought (53%)

13. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (50%)

14. Taoism (47%)

15. New Age (47%)

16. Sikhism (46%)

17. Scientology (45%)

18. Jehovah's Witness (41%)

19. Mahayana Buddhism (36%)

20. Orthodox Quaker (35%)

21. Eastern Orthodox (28%)

22. Islam (28%)

23. Orthodox Judaism (28%)

24. Roman Catholic (28%)

25. Seventh Day Adventist (21%)

26. Hinduism (20%)

27. Jainism (18%)

I'm not really sure where I stand. I'm an atheist, but I do believe that there is a universal Right and Wrong.

And yes, it is odd so many people are getting Unitarian Universalism. Very peculiar.

Here's something to chew on. Joseph Smith said in the Book of Mormon that God appeared as a beam of light somewhere in upstate New York and told them that via the tenets of what would become Mormonism, man could ascend to God status. Meanwhile, the Bible warns us to beware of false prophets, and also of Satan, who disguised as the Angel Of Light, tempts man by telling him he can become a god.

2. New Age (88%)

3. Liberal Quakers (87%)

4. Neo-Pagan (83%)

5. Mahayana Buddhism (82%)

6. Reform Judaism (80%)

7. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (77%)

8. New Thought (74%)

9. Theravada Buddhism (72%)

10. Sikhism (70%)

11. Scientology (68%)

12. Taoism (66%)

13. Jainism (62%)

14. Secular Humanism (58%)

15. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (57%)

16. Bahá'í Faith (56%)

17. Hinduism (56%)

18. Orthodox Judaism (47%)

19. Nontheist (40%)

20. Islam (33%)

21. Orthodox Quaker (32%)

22. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (17%)

23. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (14%)

24. Eastern Orthodox (11%)

25. Roman Catholic (11%)

26. Seventh Day Adventist (9%)

27. Jehovah's Witness (0%)

Here's something to chew on. Joseph Smith said in the Book of Mormon that God appeared as a beam of light somewhere in upstate New York and told them that via the tenets of what would become Mormonism, man could ascend to God status. Meanwhile, the Bible warns us to beware of false prophets, and also of Satan, who disguised as the Angel Of Light, tempts man by telling him he can become a god.

Do you have to do this anytime someone says anything about Mormonism?

1. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (100%)

2. Reform Judaism (97%)

3. Unitarian Universalism (88%)

4. Liberal Quakers (87%)

5. Neo-Pagan (76%)

6. Sikhism (75%)

7. Orthodox Quaker (70%)

8. Orthodox Judaism (66%)

9. Bahá'í Faith (65%)

10. New Age (60%)

11. Mahayana Buddhism (58%)

12. Hinduism (57%)

13. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (55%)

14. New Thought (53%)

15. Islam (52%)

16. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (52%)

17. Theravada Buddhism (50%)

18. Seventh Day Adventist (49%)

19. Jainism (47%)

20. Eastern Orthodox (43%)

21. Roman Catholic (43%)

22. Scientology (43%)

23. Jehovah's Witness (41%)

24. Secular Humanism (41%)

25. Taoism (38%)

26. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (35%)

27. Nontheist (17%)

Probably the most accurate internet test I've taken...

Everyone is free to challenge the tenets of my Presbyterian faith. Open challenge, guys. Bring your worst. If you think the Presbyterian Church is harmful, deceptive, and manipulative, open my eyes.

Where's the anthropological evidence to confirm that the Native Americans are one of the lost tribes of Israel?

I'm sure it's out there. Far be it from a divinely inspired man that you claim Mr. Smith to be to do something like fabricate such material. That's the stuff I'd expect from an illiterate Freemason, not a guy like Joseph Smith.

Everyone is free to challenge the tenets of my Presbyterian faith. Open challenge, guys. Bring your worst. If you think the Presbyterian Church is harmful, deceptive, and manipulative, open my eyes.

I think i'll pass to be honest, I don't need to pick holes in other religions to validate my own beliefs.

You call it picking holes. I call it objectivity. I don't believe my faith to be the One True Faith. Or yours, or his, or hers, or theirs.

Theology is fascinating. If its study led me to a prosperous future, I'd take that road in a heartbeat. I think that everyone should actively study all religions from a disinterested point of view, not as a mainliner, not as a Mormon, not as a Muslim, not as a Unitarian. This is so they have an idea of what's going on with all of these groups. It's not enough to formulate an opnion based on blind faith. Once you've heard what everyone has to say, make your call as to who you'll follow, and who you'll advise others to steer clear of.

In my case, there's too many things in the LDS faith that make me raise an eyebrow. Don't get me wrong, there are admirable traits, such as the clean lifestyle and importance of work ethic. If we had more people like this our country would be in much better shape. But there's the disconcerting secrecy of the temple, the capitalistic nature of the church, baptism of the dead, secret handshakes, and the like that makes me wonder if this can possibly be the real deal.

Let's look at Scientology. First things first, I don't trust any religion that's copyrighted. I'm less inclined to put my faith into the teachings of a man quoted as saying "The best way to get rich is to start a religion." Now they too have the clean living thing going on, but they also have the "aliens from outer space are responsible for my bad traits, and I need to unlock my inner soul through pay-by-the-hour counseling sessions" thing going on, and any way you slice it, that's a little creepy.

The Unification Church is more exploitative than any church around. A religious body should NOT own major newspapers, hotels, and have millions of dollars the way Reverend Moon's group does. Many are right to be skeptical of this.

I've been known to take a lot of interest in Christian Science and its teachings. In a way, it basically comes down to intellectual Mormons: similarly ostracized, but bearing more traditional Protestant beliefs alongside the "God is more of an omnipresent concept than a old bearded man in the sky" deal and the notorious healing process. Also remember: Christian Scientists are free to practice medicine how they please...sure, take that aspirin, but your pals in the congregation aren't going to think it's doing you any good. On a related note, the Monitor is a respected newspaper which does not let religion factor into its reporting. Props for that. As Christian Science does not have the structure of other, larger churches, nor does it believe in trying to convert others by thrusting itself upon unwilling people, preferring to let people discover the faith by themselves, it's easier to consider it less harmful than others.

So I've done all my reading on the major branches of Christianity, and come to the conclusion that the mainline Protestant churches are probable providing the most agreeable religion. By relying on the Holy Bible without supplementary literature, nor having an international bureaucratic structure, my friends amongst the Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, and Lutherans have the practice most desirable to me. I encourage you all to not only take this test, but subsequently read up on your religions, taking in everything from Adventism to Zoroastrianism, and seeing what you believe in after that, or why it cements that you were right to begin with. I'm glad that I did.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

I'd rather just do whatever I want without the fear of a looming moral judge aside from myself.

2. Liberal Quakers (91%)

3. Theravada Buddhism (88%)

4. Secular Humanism (88%)

5. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (79%)

6. Neo-Pagan (73%)

7. Mahayana Buddhism (65%)

8. Taoism (64%)

9. Nontheist (64%)

10. Bahá'í Faith (62%)

11. New Age (62%)

12. Jainism (59%)

13. Orthodox Quaker (53%)

14. Reform Judaism (48%)

15. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (41%)

16. Sikhism (41%)

17. Hinduism (38%)

18. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (36%)

19. New Thought (35%)

20. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (32%)

21. Scientology (31%)

22. Jehovah's Witness (28%)

23. Seventh Day Adventist (26%)

24. Orthodox Judaism (26%)

25. Islam (23%)

26. Eastern Orthodox (15%)

27. Roman Catholic (15%)

You call it picking holes. I call it objectivity. I don't believe my faith to be the One True Faith. Or yours, or his, or hers, or theirs.

Theology is fascinating. If its study led me to a prosperous future, I'd take that road in a heartbeat. I think that everyone should actively study all religions from a disinterested point of view, not as a mainliner, not as a Mormon, not as a Muslim, not as a Unitarian. This is so they have an idea of what's going on with all of these groups. It's not enough to formulate an opnion based on blind faith. Once you've heard what everyone has to say, make your call as to who you'll follow, and who you'll advise others to steer clear of.

In my case, there's too many things in the LDS faith that make me raise an eyebrow. Don't get me wrong, there are admirable traits, such as the clean lifestyle and importance of work ethic. If we had more people like this our country would be in much better shape. But there's the disconcerting secrecy of the temple, the capitalistic nature of the church, baptism of the dead, secret handshakes, and the like that makes me wonder if this can possibly be the real deal.

Let's look at Scientology. First things first, I don't trust any religion that's copyrighted. I'm less inclined to put my faith into the teachings of a man quoted as saying "The best way to get rich is to start a religion." Now they too have the clean living thing going on, but they also have the "aliens from outer space are responsible for my bad traits, and I need to unlock my inner soul through pay-by-the-hour counseling sessions" thing going on, and any way you slice it, that's a little creepy.

The Unification Church is more exploitative than any church around. A religious body should NOT own major newspapers, hotels, and have millions of dollars the way Reverend Moon's group does. Many are right to be skeptical of this.

I've been known to take a lot of interest in Christian Science and its teachings. In a way, it basically comes down to intellectual Mormons: similarly ostracized, but bearing more traditional Protestant beliefs alongside the "God is more of an omnipresent concept than a old bearded man in the sky" deal and the notorious healing process. Also remember: Christian Scientists are free to practice medicine how they please...sure, take that aspirin, but your pals in the congregation aren't going to think it's doing you any good. On a related note, the Monitor is a respected newspaper which does not let religion factor into its reporting. Props for that. As Christian Science does not have the structure of other, larger churches, nor does it believe in trying to convert others by thrusting itself upon unwilling people, preferring to let people discover the faith by themselves, it's easier to consider it less harmful than others.

So I've done all my reading on the major branches of Christianity, and come to the conclusion that the mainline Protestant churches are probable providing the most agreeable religion. By relying on the Holy Bible without supplementary literature, nor having an international bureaucratic structure, my friends amongst the Baptists, Presbyterians, Methodists, and Lutherans have the practice most desirable to me. I encourage you all to not only take this test, but subsequently read up on your religions, taking in everything from Adventism to Zoroastrianism, and seeing what you believe in after that, or why it cements that you were right to begin with. I'm glad that I did.

Allthough I haven't really researched all religions I tend to judge religions based on the people who follow them. (not actually judging the people if you see what I mean, just noticing people's good qualities etc) I wasn't born into this church so I question various parts pretty frequently. I've had premarital sex and smoked alot of weed and I swear alot so i'm in no way a shining example of someone living all the standards. However I admire those who do live cleanly (oviously everyonre fucks up occasionally) and I find them to be generally nicer than most atheists I know. Mostly because they're more compassionate towards people in general and live to a certain set of standards whereas many people I know outside the church seem to allow their standards to slip easier based on who their with. I personally believe there is a degree of truth in all religions which profess compassion for other human beings. However I notice negative aspects too such as people being over judgemental of individuals rather than looking at themselves (something I do pretty frequently to be honest). For example at church whenever "appropriate music" is discussed everyone seems to look at me as i'm extremely into the whole metal scene. I've experienced the preisthood in my daily life and I have seen people healed through its power. Whether they were healed through their belief causing their body to heal or through the lord's power is a matter of personal opinion. Being 18 I haven't actually been through the temple endowment service but I admit I have gone on various websites of ex members and read about what goes on. I basically believe the reason for all the secrecy surrounding temple ordinances is because the members believe the temple to be the house of the lord and don't want ordinances they believe to be sacred mocked, for example the whole handshake thing. I don't believe the church to be capitalistic but I don't always pay tithing. However I know a great deal of tithing is used to provide aid to people around the world which I believe to be good. Furthermore our bishops, and branch presidents are actually not paid for their services and usually balance their responsabilities with full time jobs. To me this suggests the church is anything but capitalistic.

I'd also like to apologise if I sounded too confrontational with my original reply. Basically I've read alot of your posts Czech (and enjoyed them) and I don't wish to start any sort of flame war. In conclusion i'd like to say i'm probably not the best reprisentation of my religion and those who are interested in joining should speak to someone who actually keeps the standards and commandments rather than me.

2. Nontheist (96%)

3. Secular Humanism (96%)

4. Mainline to Liberal Christian Protestants (85%)

5. Liberal Quakers (73%)

6. Theravada Buddhism (52%)

7. Bahá'í Faith (48%)

8. Christian Science (Church of Christ, Scientist) (48%)

9. Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (Mormons) (48%)

10. Jehovah's Witness (48%)

11. Mainline to Conservative Christian/Protestant (32%)

12. Neo-Pagan (21%)

13. New Thought (16%)

14. New Age (12%)

15. Taoism (12%)

Number 1 is completley wrong as I am strongly irreligious. Number 3 fits much better