TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
spman

Moredecai back to OVW...

Okay...get him off TV, that works...

Although, sending him to OVW is supposed to make him improve?

Has that ever actually happened?

Okay...get him off TV, that works...

Although, sending him to OVW is supposed to make him improve?

Has that ever actually happened?

Well.... Mark Henry learned how to sell... but that's about it.

Send Kenzo back to Japan, fire Bradshaw, fire Holly, fire Billy Gunn, make the Cruiserweight title SOMEWHAT credible, fire the Dudley Boyz, and fire Bruce Prichard.

Then maybe Smackdown will FINALLY be as great as it was in the fall of 2002.

Couldn't have put it better myself.....

ESPECIALLY PRITCHARD

Guest Salacious Crumb

Why is he being demoted when that botch machine Tomko is still being used on Raw? I have no love for Mordecai but he's nowhere near as bad as Kenzo, Grenier or Tomko.

Guest Soylent Green Is People

I doubt sending him down to OVW to improve will achieve much. Everyone who comes from there seems to need a ton of time and work in the WWE to just make them at all decent, anyone who comes back after being sent down returns pretty much exactly the same, they send a guy like Big Show down there to lose weight and he comes back even fatter, OVW seems to be the place to go if you want to achieve absolutely nothing.

Guest Staravenger

I don't understand whats the problem with him. Does he get nervous in front of the crowds and thus perform badly, or is he just nervous? He's been doing on and off house show/dark match duties for WWE for a good amount of time, so I don't think it would be THAT much of a problem.

Guest Rrrsh
Why is he being demoted when that botch machine Tomko is still being used on Raw? I have no love for Mordecai but he's nowhere near as bad as Kenzo, Grenier or Tomko.

Greinier is actually improving vastly now that he is working regulalry with sumone like Conway.

Here's the main issue with bringing up guys from OVW and sending them back to the same place to improve. WWE is sending them back to the same place where they just got called up from! I mean seriously what in the living hell are they going to improve on? Their just gonna learn the same crap over and over again until someone goes "oh he's improved a little bit" when in fact they haven't. This is why WWE needs a second training camp. If someone isn't working out who just came from OVW they could send them over to the other training camp where that wrestler could maybe pick up on a few things that he/she missed while they were in OVW and the same thing could be done if someone who was brought up from the 2nd training camp and needed some help and be sent over to OVW to see if he/she could pick up on anything new. Hopefully Strom (who is now a trainer over at OVW for those of you who didn't know.) is showing guys over at OVW how to do actual moves and be somewhat of a decent wrestler instead of a powerhouse.

I don't understand whats the problem with him. Does he get nervous in front of the crowds and thus perform badly, or is he just nervous? He's been doing on and off house show/dark match duties for WWE for a good amount of time, so I don't think it would be THAT much of a problem.

His problem is that he sucks, he sucked as Seven and he sucks as Undertaker lite version 2.0, going to OVW won't solve anything so might as well fire the guy or like somebody said let Lance Storm train him.

Guest Holzhammer

Wow, how stupid is that? First we get all this huge amounts of hype and now they just get rid of him after a month.

Not that I mind, Mordecai sucked even though I somewhat liked his gimmick.

Contrary to what everyone else is saying... I think this sucks. I personally think mordecai is one of the highlights or SD. He isn't the best sure...but then again he isn't being pushed like he's the best. And by that I mean World Title. I mean just think...Rey beats him...all he has to do is go all "Rey's a sinner, he beat me blah blah" and he can somewhat start a feud with Rey. There match wasn't all that bad.

I'm actually one of the few 'Mordecai marks' and I think it sucks they are gonna take him off before he really even got going. Whether the stuff about the nerves was true or not...eventually he would have gotten used to it.

Count me as well. I too am a Mordecai mark. I liked his video promos and that other promo he cut back a few weeks ago in Canada where he 'damned' the crowd to hell was great. Sure his in-ring skills weren't the best but he was entertaining at some points. I'll miss him and I'll be pissed if WWE fires him.

Guest Seven Sins
Contrary to what everyone else is saying... I think this sucks. I personally think mordecai is one of the highlights or SD. He isn't the best sure...but then again he isn't being pushed like he's the best. And by that I mean World Title. I mean just think...Rey beats him...all he has to do is go all "Rey's a sinner, he beat me blah blah" and he can somewhat start a feud with Rey. There match wasn't all that bad.

I'm actually one of the few 'Mordecai marks' and I think it sucks they are gonna take him off before he really even got going. Whether the stuff about the nerves was true or not...eventually he would have gotten used to it.

Count me as well. I too am a Mordecai mark. I liked his video promos and that other promo he cut back a few weeks ago in Canada where he 'damned' the crowd to hell was great. Sure his in-ring skills weren't the best but he was entertaining at some points. I'll miss him and I'll be pissed if WWE fires him.

I third this notion. And they should just get rid of OVW and get another Farm league thing.

I thought Mordecai's promos were tolerable and I somewhat enjoyed them, but his in ring work was pretty painful to watch. I won't miss him from the wreckage that is Smackdown.

If anything by Rey beating him it will help put the Cruiserweights over.

Has anyone ever seen him actually wrestle? I don't mean that poor excuse for wrestling he attempted to do on Thursday night's. I mean actually wrestle. For all we know he could be a good 'wrestler'. But that's the problem, he wasn't told to wrestle. He was told to look mean and invincible, to be a monster. So rather than send him back to OVW why not give him a chance. Hell, this is the brand that has Bradshaw as champion.

P.S - the Seven gimmick > the Mordecai gimmick

If anything by Rey beating him it will help put the Cruiserweights over.

Why would it help? Rey has always been the only WWE Cruiserweight booked as being able to compete with the Heavyweights.

I third this notion. And they should just get rid of OVW and get another Farm league thing.

I'm with you guys. The gimmick may be "out there" at times, but at least there's a way to start a feud other than "I don't like you!" I wish they'd just give the dude a chance, dude.

Guest Justin Competent

One thing that was wrong with SmackDown! is that there was one too many people they were trying to build credibly at once: Mordecai, Suzuki, Luther, Eddie, Bradshaw, Cena, Mysterio, Undertaker, and the Dudley Boyz. I'm happy that he's gone, but I also believe he had potential. If it was up to me, I would of dumped Suzuki, and developed Mordecai's and Luther's characters more.

Guest bigdiswrestling

His character isn't awful, even though for some reason I like to call him Gangrel 2. His in-ring ability is awful. I mean did you see how slow he was in that match with Rey. I mean, if a guy is that slow, you'd have to be an idiot to book him in a match with someone as quick as Rey.

Hell, imagine Mordecai against someone like Super Crazy, or Juvi...

I say, good riddens, but Kenzo should've gone away first....