TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Czech Republic

Cure for cancer/Cure for AIDS

82 members have voted

1. 1. Cure for cancer/Cure for AIDS

• Cure for cancer
    • Cure for AIDS

This wasn't nearly as split down the middle as it was for me. But that's probably because we don't have as many bleeding-heart liberal posers who just want to do what MTV and their college sibling's buddies tell them is best for the whole wide world.

Damn that whole wide world.

Yes, we're all idiots who listen to what MTV and our college sibling's buddies tell us.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Someone likes to hear themself type...

Cancer in a hearbeat. There really shouldn't be an argument about this, Czech is right...AIDS is a punishment for the ignorant, like people that accidentally shoot themselves or try to wash their balls in a golfball washer. When you hear those stories, it's automatically, "What a dumbfuck." I don't see anyone out there parading to eliminate golfball washers.

Uh....no.

AIDS can be transmitted in many many ways that aren't the fault of the victim. It's disgustingly ignorant to believe otherwise.

If you're sent to a hospital in Africa you don't get any say in wether or not the needle they use on you hasn't been used. If your a child in a park and you step on some junkies needle by accident...you didn't have much say in that either.

This may just amaze you but Israel is in Africa.

It may just amaze you that Israel is adjacent to Africa, not in Africa.

Sure, there may be millions of people in China, India, wheretheverthefuck that don't have a clue about AIDS or how to prevent it. Fuck em. Let them be ignorant. The whole point of disease (and this includes cancer as well) is to regulate population and the weed out the weak and let the strong survive. As we all know China, India, are overpopulated and Africa has simply chosen NOT to progress technologically come on tell me who the FUCK would want to live in any country there? The closest thing Africa has to a modern world in South Africa, and even then they've still got nothing. If they want to fuck around and attempt to reproduce only to die, it's dwindling the numbers down to a respectable size in which those who are more aware of the disease will be more cautious, and thus will survive.

The ignorance of this statement not only astounds me, but it offends me greatly.

No not fuck Africa, India and China.

Fuck you.

I think a lot of people here (ie. Czech, JSYK) are being incredibly ignorant in regards to AIDS. It's astounding how closed-minded you are being. To say AIDS is a penalty for the ignorant; it amazes me how naive you are in this day and age. Open your eyes and don't condemn what you don't understand, because you're coming across as a pair of arrogant idiots.

Grow up. AIDS sufferers aren't accidentally shooting themselves or trying to wash their balls in a golfball washer. Grow up.

Just as CWM is the TSM Spelling Bee Champion, you are the TSM Geography Bee Champion. YCongratulations: your trophy, consisting of a smiling bee atop a globe, is in the mail.

Israel is in ASIA, you dumbass! If Egypt can be listed along with Russia and Turkey as countries that are part of two continents, as the Suez Canal is considered the boundary between Africa and Asia analogous to the Ural Mountains acting as the division line for Europe and Asia, then how in perdition can Israel, which all my maps tell me is BEYOND the Suez Canal and Sinai peninsula, be part of AFRICA?

Guest Choken One

all right, how about a twist.

Say you can only cure ONE type of Cancer...

which would it be?

I think a lot of people here (ie. Czech, JSYK) are being incredibly ignorant in regards to AIDS. It's astounding how closed-minded you are being. To say AIDS is a penalty for the ignorant; it amazes me how naive you are in this day and age. Open your eyes and don't condemn what you don't understand, because you're coming across as a pair of arrogant idiots.

Wear a fucking rubber. Don't do heroin. I thought these were fairly realistic expectations of people, but apparently they're ignorant. God forbid I expect restraint from people. Let hedonism run wild, AIDS is fun and everyone should have it!

Grow up. AIDS sufferers aren't accidentally shooting themselves or trying to wash their balls in a golfball washer. Grow up.

Tell me to grow up one more time, it helps your argument by leaps and bounds. The only victims of AIDS are the children who have it from birth because of their parents. If you get AIDS through a blood transfusion, I also admit that you're a victim. But if you're going out every night, shooting up, having relations with partners of questionable character without any protection, and then you get AIDS, I'm not going to feel sorry for you.

Guest FrigidSoul

Choken One isn't content with any thread unless he's allowed to dictate what direction it goes in.

That being said I've always believed AIDS is god's ways of saying "Hey, raping monkeys isn't cool man".

That being said I've always believed AIDS is god's ways of saying "Hey, raping monkeys isn't cool man".

So that's how it got from monkeys to people.

OVERSIMPLIFIED HISTORY OF AIDS

Gay guy rapes monkey

Gay guy has sex with bisexual guy

Bisexual guy has sex with hetero woman

Just as CWM is the TSM Spelling Bee Champion, you are the TSM Geography Bee Champion. YCongratulations: your trophy, consisting of a smiling bee atop a globe, is in the mail.

Israel is in ASIA, you dumbass! If Egypt can be listed along with Russia and Turkey as countries that are part of two continents, as the Suez Canal is considered the boundary between Africa and Asia analogous to the Ural Mountains acting as the division line for Europe and Asia, then how in perdition can Israel, which all my maps tell me is BEYOND the Suez Canal and Sinai peninsula, be part of AFRICA?

I never thought I'd see the "Why haven't you said anything yet?" reply here when someone simply hasn't been on the board. We're better than that, come on.

I'd also like to add that saying Africa CHOOSES not to be as advanced as the rest of the world is laughable.

HTAC actually sort of swayed me with some of what he was saying about mutated virii and airborne strains. I don't know how plausible that is, but if it IS...then maybe we should try to stop AIDS now before that happens. Because at that point, I believe it would become the bigger threat.

It's a very tough call, and one I'm glad we don't have to make in real life.

I never thought I'd see the "Why haven't you said anything yet?" reply here when someone simply hasn't been on the board. We're better than that, come on.

No we're not. How you like that Hero? Czech mate all over your ass!

Under this scenario (well, at least the one "Make a Charitable Donation" has morphed into), are we to assume the sick get magically better? Because there is no way in hell an AIDS cure is making its way to Africa. There's too much profit to be made elsewhere.

Guest FrigidSoul

In all honesty there's no way either would be cured completely. In Chris Rock's stand-up "Bigger and Blacker" he states how there's been nothing cured since Polio and that's because the profit isn't in the cure, its in the comeback(meaning people afflicted have to continuously go back to treat it). If Cancer or AIDS were cured all sorts of health departments would be fucked economically.

Another thing I'd like to point to is how Magic Johnson's HIV is supposedly so dormant now due to different medications that it doesn't come up in tests.

Basically if there is ever a cure out there it going to cost more than the average person can afford because you won't have a need to go back to the pharmacist.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
Why the hell would you go to Africa to begin with? Why would you be walking barefoot through the park?

I'm talking about the MILLIONS of people who live in Africa. They don't get a choice about what needles are used on them.

I think that the people here saying that people who get AIDS deserve it because of their ignorance are the ones that are truly ignorant.

Children can be born HIV positive because of their parents. But if you ever here that they're Positive what's your assumption? that they did something ignorant.

What's more ignorant forgetting to wear a condom or spending decades destroying your body with cigerettes?

What's more ignorant forgetting to wear a condom or spending decades destroying your body with cigerettes?

To get things back on topic...

They're both equally ignorant. But there are more causes for cancer than cigarettes. There are still surely many unknown carcinogens that we're exposed to every day, and cancer that develops without an outside factor. By avoiding cigarettes and everything else that we know to avoid, we can stack the deck against getting cancer, but we can't prevent it. We can prevent AIDS.

I apologize for trying to start crap. I never imagined this to be as one-sided as it ended up being.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

Right now, I'd settle for them curing male pattern baldness. Baby steps, medicine. Baby steps.

I just read this today using the BBC's news service...

38 million people have the AIDS virus worldwide, 5 million of which have been diagnosed in the last year alone. The most highly affected areas remain Africa, Asia and Eastern Europe.