TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest ShamRock

Best Actor of All Time Tournament

Guest ShamRock

We're down to the Elite Eight. There were no suprises last round. Voting ends Tuesday afternoon.

Robert De Niro vs. Jack Nicholson

Kevin Spacey vs. Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino vs. Morgan Freeman

Edward Norton vs. Marlon Brando

Haw, everyone I voted for got through ('cept Hanks, but Pacino is great anyway).

Jack Nicholson

Kevin Spacey

Al Pacino

Edward Norton

Reasoning for vote #1- De Niro has had some of the greatest performances of all time, but my favourite performance (and certainly the most terrifying one I've seen) is that of Jack Nicholson in The Shining.

The rest was all easy.

Robert De Niro

Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino

Marlon Brando

Damn, I enjoyed these actors immensely.

Robert De Niro (sorry Jack, besides I'm always a mark for De Niro, no matter how bad his recent body of work is...well, except Rocky&Bullwinkle)

Kevin Spacey ( 'Keyser Soze' still blows my mind. Tough call.)

Al Pacino (I felt Pacino is overrated at times, but he KO's Freeman here)

Edward Norton (New School of Method actor wins...by a slight margin).

There.

Odds are somebody's going to come in and vote for John Wayne.

But they're going to bold his name, so it will be like:

"I vote for John Wayne."

Robert De Niro

Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino

Marlon Brando

This tournament is stupid because we all knew from the beginning that it would probably end up being Pacino and Deniro in the final.

Robert De Niro vs. Jack Nicholson

Kevin Spacey vs. Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino vs. Morgan Freeman

Edward Norton vs. Marlon Brando

Neway, I don't think Edward Norton should be on the list over people like Sean Penn and Johnny Depp (I love Norton, but he's not a better actor than either Penn or Depp). And Clint Eastwood shouldn't be on it either (hey, I love the guy, but he doesn't exactly have the range of many of the other greats). This list ain't the best.

This tournament is stupid because we all knew from the beginning that it would probably end up being Pacino and Deniro in the final.

I thought it would be De Niro and Brando until the inexplicable and rather silly love for Edward Norton came along.

Now I'd say the tournament is stupid because De Niro will win, but by saying that Norton will probably end up winning this.

Robert De Niro

Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino

Marlon Brando

What the fuck is up with the overly stupid love for Freeman and Spacey? Even Norton should not have progressed this far as a great an actor as he is.

Did I miss something?

What the fuck is up with the overly stupid love for Freeman and Spacey? Even Norton should not have progressed this far as a great an actor as he is.

Freeman is a great actor...one of the best african-american actors ever...unfortunantly he doesn't always get involved in the best movies but I think every good actor can be accused of that (De Niro in Showtime, anyone?)...that could explain his love...

Spacey I'm not a huge fan of but his role in American Beauty was pretty damn good and he kicked ass hosting SNL, but perhaps he's gotten to far in this thing...

Norton is okay...i dug Fight Club and American History X, that's about it from him...I don't like him as the heel in a movie (he did a face turn in History X so that one doesn't count)...

I think a lot of these choices could be attributed to what movies folks have seen...after the Godfather, Brando's movies and appearances became more and more scarce so a lot of the younger posters may not know what the man was capable of (he did do Island Of Doctor Mareau too, don't forget THAT crap)...

Votes: De Niro, Spacey, Freeman, Brando

Guest Soylent Green Is People

Robert De Niro

Clint Eastwood

Al Pacino

Marlon Brando