TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NCAA Football 2005 Dynasty Thread

What team are you?

I sometimes have problems getting very many people if I spend a lot of points on a "need" position. I also have the problem of not very many people having initial interest in my school (Miami of Ohio) and having to waste a lot of points swaying a "normal" interest person to Ohio. But I end up getting ALL of the defensive recruits (since I'm basically the defensive capital of the world on that game and I blitz a lot, which the recruits love) and maybe one of the skill positions, but rarely a good offensive lineman. I'm usually fine pulling away 10 recruits a year, but I'd rather have a lot more :(

Guest Salacious Crumb

I had the opposite problem with Miami (OH). I could get all the linemen and running backs I wanted but I could never get good QBs or WRs. Though my depth at defense was really good. At one point I could go 10 deep on my DBs before their overall was less than 80.

I got the top two QB prospects in the nation (both!) last year, ironically. Now, of course, one wants to transfer, but I managed to convince both to stay since I figure one will leave early.

And I have the same "problem" at DE, where I managed to recruit two atheletes who translated to undersize 95 defensive ends, which made my recruiting of, oh, 9 80-92 defensive ends useless. What depth, right? :P

Guest Salacious Crumb

It didn't really matter on my team. One of my DBs averaged 18 INTs a year while he was over there.

And after two good recruiting classes none of the MAC teams can really keep up with you.

Guest Salacious Crumb

You'll probably get an invite to another conference if you destroy the MAC for several seasons.

What team are you?

I sometimes have problems getting very many people if I spend a lot of points on a "need" position. I also have the problem of not very many people having initial interest in my school (Miami of Ohio) and having to waste a lot of points swaying a "normal" interest person to Ohio. But I end up getting ALL of the defensive recruits (since I'm basically the defensive capital of the world on that game and I blitz a lot, which the recruits love) and maybe one of the skill positions, but rarely a good offensive lineman. I'm usually fine pulling away 10 recruits a year, but I'd rather have a lot more :(

Cal.

Man, this really blows. I wonder if I should just simulate the whole season.

What team are you?

Cal.

Man, this really blows. I wonder if I should just simulate the whole season.

Well if you want to preserve the integrity of your season, you should save before EVERY simulation, as to keep winning as much as possible.

Honestly, do Freshman ever start out really good number wise? Beside the fact I don't have any depth, the reason I'm not that good is because ALL my good players left.

Well I just started a new dynasty with the Nevada Wolf Pack (2 start on prestige) and so far I'm doing okay but barely getting by. I defeated Auburn in a game that was the #1 best game of all time, beating them 22-21 after I trailed by 14 at the beginning of the fourth.

#6 Texas was up next. (I modified my schedule for these two teams.) beat them 21-7.

#1 Oklahoma was third and they beat me 45-35 after I threw about 3 interceptions to aid them on their victory.

I tell you what though; playing the Wolf Pack is hard as hell! I have to do everything I can on defense to stop them while when I played Oklahoma I usually let the computer handle the actuall defense after i selected the play.

UNLV is next. I turned it off after i realized that the game had 0 commentators, and it made it borring. :(

Well, I'm basically fucked. I simmed the season, went 3-8, and was left with basically no recruting points. So I'm going to have to play the season out and do the best I can do.

Well, I'm basically fucked. I simmed the season, went 3-8, and was left with basically no recruting points. So I'm going to have to play the season out and do the best I can do.

Should have saved before each sim, so if you lost a simulated game you could just reload and hope you win this time around.

I didn't save the 3-8 season. So I'm just starting that season over.

I'm 1-0 so far, but I BARELY beat Mexico City or something like that, and I'm trailing Washington 14-7 at the half. My D is beyond awful, especailly my secondary.

Wow playing at least 1 D1-AA team will really boost your confidence! I beat up on Ark Pine Bluff at the beginning of my new season again! 101-7!

469 all purpose yards for my HB who returned 4 kicks for a TD and rushed 4 more.

Wow playing at least 1 D1-AA team will really boost your confidence! I beat up on Ark Pine Bluff at the beginning of my new season again! 101-7!

469 all purpose yards for my HB who returned 4 kicks for a TD and rushed 4 more.

I'm doing a double-dynasty with Notre Dame (I will save their program) and Wake Forest (their uni's are awesome).

I played North Carolina A&T State in my 3rd game of the WF season and VAULTED my RB to 2nd in the Heisman race. He broke Tomlinson's record for single-game rushing and scored 8 times. He brought his total to 849 yards on the season, on pace for possibly 3,000 yards.

Do screen passes ever work good? I don't think I've ever had a good gain on a screen pass.

Also what are some play packages that incorporate my RB as a reciever. I'm trying to create a Reggie Bush-like RB on my team but I can never find a play that'll allow me to throw to him.

You could put the RB in motion, then hot route him.

Anyways, my team isn't so bad after all. My true freshman QB is very good, but thats basically because my new RB is the shit, and tore Illinios up for 183 yards rushing.

But I've got a hard schedule, playing USC (10) and Oregon (9) back to back.

You could put the RB in motion, then hot route him.

Anyways, my team isn't so bad after all. My true freshman QB is very good, but thats basically because my new RB is the shit, and tore Illinios up for 183 yards rushing.

But I've got a hard schedule, playing USC (10) and Oregon (9) back to back.

How do you put him in motion? I win all these games and stuff but I have never learned to audible or do a hot route. I might be dangerous if I could do this stuff.

For hot route, you press triangle, then either L1, R1, square, triangle ect .. for whichever WR or TE you want to use. Then, using the joy stick, go up, down, left, or right to change the route.

For motion, press R1 before the snap. You'll see a redish circle around either a WR, TR oe RB. Then use the joystick to show which way you want the WR, TE or RB to go.

I have a question...is there any way to, well view your play. (on xbox) for example, in ESPN, hit R2 and it shows all your receivers..hit L2 it shows all their routes. Is there a way to do that on this game?

I know hitting up, shows the receivers, but it doesn't show which way they're going.

Bah...nvmind.

Do screen passes ever work good? I don't think I've ever had a good gain on a screen pass.

Also what are some play packages that incorporate my RB as a reciever. I'm trying to create a Reggie Bush-like RB on my team but I can never find a play that'll allow me to throw to him.

I Form - Normal/Shotgun - Normal/Shotgun - Trips: Angle

The Angle pass play is in all three sets. The HB flares out, then cuts hard inside (his pattern looks like a right angle). Keep your eye on the middle linebacker. Wait for the HB to clear the MLB, then dump it off. Easy five to ten yard pass.

Shotgun - Y-Trips: Clearout

Favorite of mine. #1 reciever runs a 10 yard hook. If he's covered, the HB flares out and if you hit him just right you can get a big play.

I'd also suggest any play that has the HB running a streak pattern. Motion him out to get him into the pattern quicker. You can leave him in but keep in mind he'll take longer to get downfield.

Ace and Shotgun formations usually have good pass plays for the halfback.

I don't run a lot of screens, the AI is very good at identifying them. Usually I run the screen out of the Ace - Normal or Ace - Big sets, because the #2 WR runs a post. Safety comes up for the runner, I just wait for the reciever to get inside the CB and hit him for 15 yards.

I have a question...is there any way to, well view your play. (on xbox) for example, in ESPN, hit R2 and it shows all your receivers..hit L2 it shows all their routes. Is there a way to do that on this game?

I know hitting up, shows the receivers, but it doesn't show which way they're going.

Bah...nvmind.

Black and white buttons.