TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

The NCAA Football 2005 Dynasty Thread

Post your current or new dynasties that you are running or going to create.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Team - University of Illinois - Fighting Illini

Difficulty - All American

Quarter Length - 5 minutes

Prestige - ***

Playbook - West Coast

Best overall player - 92 RT

Week 1 - BYE

Week 2 - vs Florida A&M

Pretty much a dominate game by myself as I started the game ranked 80th in the country vs the unranked Florida A&M. Basically padded my stats and beat them 66-7 with their 7 coming off a blown coverage play.

Week 3 - vs. TCU

TCU was actually ranked as #37 in the country for some reason. Fell behind early 0-10 at the end of the first quarter before my HB just decided to finally not fall down after each minor hit and scored 2 TD's in the 2nd quarter leading me to 14-10 at the half.

TCU adjusted to my running so I ended up having to throw most of the rest of the game but that was no big deal since my TE over matched their LB's by leaps and bounds. Illinois W 31-10.

Week 4 - vs. Western Michigan

The score is a lot closer than it should have been due to my FS just blowing two coverages leading to 2 60+ yd TD's. I pretty much dominated the game on the ground and threw the air. Won 45-28.

Week 5 - vs Purdue

I though this game was going to be a lot more difficult but it ended up being pretty much a cake walk with a win 48-13.

However I'm not looking forward to my next 5 game stretch which will prove how good this team really is since my next 5 games are:

Week 6 - at Wisconsin (2-2 but has the 8th toughest crowd and is ranked #39 to my #43)

Week 7 - at #21 Michigan State (4-0)

Week 8 - vs #9 Michigan (3-1)

Week 9 - at #15 Minnesota (4-0)

Week 10 - vs #16 Iowa (3-1)

This is going to be a tough stretch of games but I figure if I can get maybe 3 out of 5 I should have a shot at a bowl game and possibly the conference title but doubtful on that.

Started one with Alabama today.

Week 1 was a bye.

Week 2 I beat Utah State 27-0, and Ahmad Galloway rushed for 167 yards. Still need to get passing down though, cuz every new football game I have to get used to it again. And is it just me or does anyone else prefer the passing in Madden as opposed to NCAA?

How long of quarters does everyone play with? Me and my pals usually play with 5 minutes which is long enough to feel like an actual game and actually make some progress in a season.

Team - Sacramento State Hornets (1AA Team moved into the 1A Independents, replacing FIU)

Difficulty: All American

Quarter Length - 8 minutes

Prestige - *

Playbook - Run and Gun

Best overall player - 68 LOLB

Week 1: W vs 1AA West 17-13 My favorite whipping boys in the game.

Week 2: BYE

Week 3: L vs Youngstown State (1AA) 30-33 . Lost in a close match as they score a TD in the final minute and the power of the Hail Mary fails me twice.

Week 4: BYE

Week 5: L vs Western Kentucky (1AA) 21-38: Disgusting loss as three turnovers are converted into touchdowns in the first quarter. Made worse since I suspended my LOLB for the game for not showing up to practices.

Week 6: L vs UL Lafayette 7-19: Despite my defense putting on a show (8 Sacks, 1 INT, and a Fumble Recovery for a TD), my team loses because my aerial game blows. My receiving unit dropped several money plays left and right on top of my QB being extra inaccurate with his bullet passes. Doesn't help either that my kicker can't hit anything further than 30 yards out.

Got it today...I love it. Home field advantage truly is great. But anyways..

Team: Florida Gators

Conference: SEC (East)

Diffuculty: All American

Prestige: ******

Playbook: Florida

Best overall player: 95 C #68

Quarter Length: 5 minutes

Week 1: Bye

Week 2: vs Middle Tennessee St. @ The Swamp : W 40-21

Week 2: vs Eastern Michigan @ The Swamp : W 58-14

Week 3: vs Tennessee @ Neyland Staidum: W 23-7

Week 4: vs Kentucky @ The Swamp : W 34-16

Week 5: vs Arkansas @ The Swamp : W 31-8

Week 6: vs LSU @ The Swamp

Team: Hampden-Sydney Tigers

Conference: Independant (already turned down a Big East invite, waiting for ACC or SEC, probably ACC).

Difficulty: Varsity, will ramp up to All-American soon, 5 minute quarters

Prestige: started at * (academic), now **

Playbook: Balanced Pass

OK I've already gone through a season and finished 7-3 with my best player ranked 65 (my kicker, no less). I win coach of the year award (surprised me, I didn't even think I had a shot and never checked the award semifinalists. I recruited well (15th in the nation) and got some amazingly fast CBs, a ballhawking SS and FS, and some good pass rushing ends. Upgraded my defense from D- to C+. Unfortunately I couldn't get anything for my offense and is only D+.

Start of season 2. I load up my schedule with mediocre/bad 1A schools in hopes of getting enough wins to sneak into a second tier bowl game and gain some more prestige for recruiting.

I steamroll a surprisingly bad (for it's rankings) Indiana team with my RB busting out for 150 yds and my QB throwing for 4 TDs. I then take out Kentucky in a relative shootout for me, 38-20 on the road. They had a pretty good crowd but I took them out with a big 73 yard pass and run then demoralized them with a 99 yard interception return late in the 3rd. Then, in a game where my offense couldn't do jack crap, I beat Rice 19-0. My defense doesn't give their spread option anything and my kicker comes up big with 4 FGs. Only TD came on a 28 yard run on a counter by my TB. Got a chance to go 4-0 with a game against a VERY beatable Duke team. Should play them (and maybe the next game) tomorrow night. Will post results when I get the chance.

Guest MikeSC

Little question --- is it me, or does N. Texas seem to do abnormally well in the game? They ALWAYS have top 10 recruiting classes and are ALWAYS ranked at the end of the year. It's not as bad as last year (where they'd be top 5 a lot), but it's a little baffling. Did one of the programmers attend N. Texas?

-=Mike

...I'm S. Carolina and, yes, we do rock hard. They seem to have FAR more faith in our team than, well, I do this season

I may do a dynasty with the UConn Huskies at some point, just for the sake of having a challenge in Dynasty Mode. I have yet to touch the dynasty mode since I got this game on Tuesday.

Right now, I've been playing all of the rivalry games.

Am I the only person who has yet to play in dynasty mode since buying the game?

Guest MikeSC
Lost 17-14 to South Carolina, cuz my field goal kicker sucks, he missed three in the damn game.

Rebounded the next week with a 29-0 blowout of Kentucky.

Wow, who were you?

Then again, the game does seem to like Carolina A LOT.

-=Mike

Wow, who were you?

Then again, the game does seem to like Carolina A LOT.

-=Mike

Bama. I'm mainly defensive oriented and run the ball 2/3 of the time. I don't really like the passing in NCAA as compared to Madden.

In fact, I was making quite the comeback in that SC game. I scored a TD with about 30 seconds remaining to make it 17-14. I recovered the onside kick but when I got in field goal range I missed it. Damn!!!

Nebraska dynasty, went 13-0, won the national title. Also pulled a Tom Osborne and let my deliquent star running back play in the Orange Bowl and looked the other way on an infraction(Police at his apartment the week before the bowl game.)

Started a dynasty as UNC-Wilmington. 1 star cupcake team, replacing Clemson in the ACC. Finished my first season at 3-8, with wins over Navy, Duke, and Idaho. In the offseason, my biggest acquisition didn't come from recruiting, it came from a transfer. The backup QB from NC State decided he wanted to play for me, and at a 76 overall, he's easily the best player on the team.

Except he still can't play for another year, because of the fact that it's his transfer year.

Guest bigm350

I got the game yesterday and started a dynasty with Michigan. So far, I whupped Miami (OH) 32-0 and beat ND 26-22 by scoring a TD with :16 left in the game. B-)

I may do a dynasty with the UConn Huskies at some point, just for the sake of having a challenge in Dynasty Mode. I have yet to touch the dynasty mode since I got this game on Tuesday.

Right now, I've been playing all of the rivalry games.

Am I the only person who has yet to play in dynasty mode since buying the game?

Haven't touched Dynasty Mode yet, because a) I want to input the names so I can have them for Dynasty and b) my passing sucks. I'm a spread offense guy who averaged about 317 YPG, 10 yards/pass attempt and 55-60% completions on 2004. On 2005 I'm now at 264 YPG, 6 yards/pass attempt and 51% completions. The coverage is way better - the curl and flat routes I love to use I can't cause the comp sits on those routes. So I'll probably play through the rivalry games and college classics for practice until I feel I can get through a dynasty.

Other than that the game rocks.

hockey_fan, as far as I know concerning the rosters on Dynasty Mode, the game imports the names that you have in when you start the mode. I also believe you can go in and edit the names in Dynasty Mode as well.

Guest Flyboy
Does anyone know how to download the rosters and use them in Dynasty mode? (If possible?)

Buy an Action Replay. I have downloaded the rosters and having a blast.

Guest Ether

University of Pittsburgh

4 stars

All-American

Only played two games, beating South Florida and Ohio. My defense has played well, but it's still a struggle for me to score touchdowns. When my receivers are open, they tend to drop the ball.

I got back from out of town yesterday, so I will probably play online for a few days before restaring my Dynasty. I also would like to key in more of the names before I continue.

Despite going 2-9 in my 2004 Sac State campaign, I somehow steal WR Tyler Littlehale and CB Lorenzo Sims from Colorado (which got slapped with a 2 year probation) on top of recruiting four 4* players.

The funny thing is, the power rankings put me in dead last at 119. I showed them what a 119 ranked team can do, killing 1AA West 55-0.

Anybody know what probation does to a college?

It can do a number of things...

Get you banned from a postseason bowl game, have your number of scholarships reduced, etc.

EDIT - I may be wrong about that, too. If anybody knows more about this than I do, feel free to correct me on this.

Guest MikeSC

It can do a number of things...

Get you banned from a postseason bowl game, have your number of scholarships reduced, etc.

EDIT - I may be wrong about that, too. If anybody knows more about this than I do, feel free to correct me on this.

In the game, I'd imagine it might lower the prestige --- but in the real world, it does all you stated. Also puts you a little closer to a possible death penalty --- which I'd actually like to hear if anybody has suffered that in the dynasty.

-=Mike

Guest Elgyn

Started my dynasty off with Florida as I do every year.

WEEK 1: FAU. An absolutely blowout playing against the Owls at Lockhart Stadium. (57-7)

WEEK 2: EMU. Another blowout. (48-10)

WEEL 3: Tennessee. Tenn got hit with an opening week lost that dropped their ranking all the way down to 22 in the coaches poll and 25 in the media poll. Steamrolled them 35-14.

After three games, Ciatrick Fason(RB) is currently the top ranked player in contention for the Hiesman. He has 89 carries for 901 yards and 7 receptions for 57 yards. He also has 7 touchdowns.

I am playin on All-american difficulty and have to play Kentucky tonight.

I started a new dynasty with Washington State. My defense is awesome, but my offense can't do shit. I actually had to move up the passing sliders a little bit on the AI screen (human and computer) just to make things reasonable.

Anyway, I'm playing on All-American with 6 minute quarters, and here's how it's going.

Week 2: Beat New Mexico 34-9. Started screwing around at the end to even let them get their touchdown, and their quarterback was something like 4-27. Decided to turn it up to Heisman for the next game, as well as up the sliders to make passing easier for me and the computer.

Week 3: Bad idea. Got killed by Colorado 31-6, even after switching it to All-American and then Varsity in the 4th quarter.

Week 4: Back to All-American for the rest of the season. Luckily, I had my easiest game up against Idaho who was dead last in the country. Won it 41-0.

Week 5: Lost to Arizona 20-14 in OT. I really should have had this game, but I couldn't punch it in when I had 2nd and Goal from the 1.

Week 6: Bye

Week 7: Beat #23 Oregon 10-6. As you can see, I'm pretty much all defense all the time, but it continues to work OK.

Week 8: Lost to Stanford 19-14. This time it doesn't work too well. 19 points is more points than I can afford to give up.

Week 9: Beat #22 Oregon State 6-3. This is where it gets downright ridiculous, as I have to bring all my skills to the table, to manage a field goal drive at the end of the game to get six points. I decided to up the passing sliders some more so there will be a little offense.

Week 10: Beat #1 USC 16-13 in OT. This is my shining moment in the game so far. USC comes into Pullman ranked #1 in the country, and my defense holds them for most of the game. They get a field goal to take a 10-7 lead with 2:30 left, but I make a beautiful drive down the field at the end. My receiver drops a wide open touchdown that would have won it, so I have to settle for a field goal in regulation, but then I hold them to a field goal in overtime, and drive it in for the winning touchdown. Got a 1130 Greatest Games score for the victory.

Week 11: Lost to UCLA 27-21. Well, my renewed Pac-10 title hopes, as well as my #22 media ranking both got shot down here. I actually had my offense working pretty well for a change, but there just wasn't time for a comeback.

So far, I'm 5-4 (3-3), and will have to win out to have a chance of accomplishing any of my goals, but my job security's still a C+, so I guess I'm not doing that bad. The game seems really defense-oriented to me. To have even stats with the rest of the country, I'd probably have to play at least 10 minute quarters. I've got the #1 defense, and the #119 offense. It does seem like running the ball's not that bad though, as I routinely average about 4 yards a carry without changing the sliders at all.

My dynasty is the Pittsburgh Panthers (no surprise), which is a **** prestige school. So far...

Game One: 35-3 win over SFU. Was getting used to the gameplay style and overall feeling out my team, and I discovered that while my QB sucks balls and my secondary is about as useful as a leaky garden hose, my RB is serviceable and my LDE is a stud. I started out ranked like, 48th and left in the mid 30's.

Game Two: 56-0 win over Ohio University. This was a full out drubbing after my RB decided he wanted to wreck some shit and my WR had a ridiculous outing. I actually sent in the backups for the first time, and after it became about 21-0, my crowd ruined their shit and their option went to shreds.

Game Three: I lost a heartbreaker to #10 Nebraska, 21-14. I drove down into the red zone with 11 seconds left and a chance to tie the game... the crowd had been rocking the whole game, and Lee Corso thought I had no chance to evenstay in the game. My QB goes back to pass, and on 4th down, gets the ball knocked away and we lose. My first loss in a long, long time in a football game.

I love this game so far. Different feel from Madden, but in a good way.

Guest Flyboy

Team - Ole Miss Rebels

Difficulty - All American

Quarter Length - 8 minutes

Prestige - ***

Playbook - Run and Gun

I simmed the first game and my team lost and since I have played every game and we're off to a 5-1 start (just beat #10 South Carolina).

Man passing is aboslutely terrible this year, at least for me. I went 0/17 in a game with a pick. I had to just stop passing and ran the ball on every down.

Once you start playing even slightly better teams it's like the DB' get to where the throw is no matter how far or how hard you throw it, barring some sort of miracle. My QB isn't great, but not that bad either. I've even gone to an option playbook and it's actually worked pretty well so far. I might stick with it for a bit.

Guest Flyboy
Man passing is aboslutely terrible this year, at least for me. I went 0/17 in a game with a pick. I had to just stop passing and ran the ball on every down.

Yeah, and it's highly annoying. Boost up the catching for yourself (I did it for myself and the CPU) and see if that helps. I've yet to see a big difference, though.