TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
strummer

*Smackdown Spoilers* from Philadelphia

Guest Soylent Green Is People

After a brief run of slightly better than usual Smackdowns we look to be back to Smackdown's usual quality, nothing there makes me want to watch, especially with the show flooded with GM crap, a McMahon appearance and the Kiss My Ass Club. Maybe the cruiser 3-way could be OK, but typically the worst wrestler in the match wins, the thought of Spike/Rey hardly excites me one bit.

Guest cobainwasmurdered
FINE, HHH WANTS TO CALL ME A PAPER CHAMPION? I'LL JUST TELL EVERYBODY HE CAN'T HANG ON SMACKDOWN AND TAKE UP AN HOUR SCREWING ALL THE FACES FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS!!!!!!! BITTER THAT HE BEAT ME UP A FEW YEARS AGO, HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Release.The.Shift.Key.

Guest Dynamite Kido
VELOCITY

(4) Rob Van Dam beat Rene Dupree.

One question.......why? This is a better match than most of the stuff they put on SD!, but I guess that's what we should expect by now.

SMACKDOWN

(1) Spike Dudley beat Chavo Guerrero Jr. and Jamie Noble in a Cruiserweight No. 1 Contender's match.

Don't they realize that Spike is nothing more than a bump machine? He's not a legitamate cruiser, and I highly doubt that anyone takes him as a serious threat to the title. Also, if he would go on to win the title......that would be SERIOUS B-U-L-L-S-H-I-T.

(2) Bubba Ray Dudley (w/D-Von Dudley) beat Kidman (w/Paul London).

This is what I mean......why can't they throw stuff like this on VELOCITY and maybe put the over guys on SD(RVD and Dupree are currently more interesting than seeing these two in a singles match)

Angle told Booker T he would U.S. Champion next week. He handed him the belt early. Angle then fired Funaki.

Good job WWE.....make a worthless title mean LESS.

(3) JBL won a squash.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Undertaker came out and chokeslammed JBL, then said: "You, me, Summerslam."

See above.

(4) Torrie vs. Sable vs. Dawn Marie vs. Miss Jackie. The match was interrupted by Kurt Angle who fired all four.

ummmm.......weren't the divas fired last week?

(5) Rey Mysterio beat D-Von Dudley with help from Kid man.

UGH. WHY THE FUCK IS THE CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION FIGHTING A TAG TEAM WRESTLER?

(6) John Cena beat Luther Reigns when Booker T's attempted interference backfired.

Well, at least they are following storyline here.....that's all I got.

Angle called out Eddie Guerrero. He promised to fire him or make him beg for his job later. Vince McMahon came out instead. He said Angle seemed to be enjoying himself, firing everyone. McMahon said he went too far and fired Angle, then reinstated him as an active wrestler and booked him against Eddie Guerrero at Summerslam. McMahon then made Angle apologize to everyone he had fired and to Vince himself. Angle was about to apologize to Vince, but then gave him a low blow as the show ended. Nothing happened after the taping ended.

UGH.....again. Haven't we seen this about a million times? Well....at least Vince is back....wait that sucks too........uhhhh.....fuck this....nevermind.

Guest JoeyStyles

RVD has been demoted to Velocity duty but Spike has a spot on SD, now what is wrong with this picture?

I think that some can call BULLSHIT on Kurt now for whining about HHH getting too much time (when he had what, 15-20 minutes over both segments last night?) Every Smackdown's been more or less been booked around evil Kurt the last few weeks.

FINE, HHH WANTS TO CALL ME A PAPER CHAMPION? I'LL JUST TELL EVERYBODY HE CAN'T HANG ON SMACKDOWN AND TAKE UP AN HOUR SCREWING ALL THE FACES FOR THE NEXT THREE MONTHS!!!!!!! BITTER THAT HE BEAT ME UP A FEW YEARS AGO, HAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Call me when Angle starts sleeping w/ Bruce Pritchard.

Damn. I didn't even know Knoble was still around. An injured Knoble vs. Rey is better than healthy Spike vs. Rey anyday.

Yep, Knoble's stll here. He had 2 fantastic Velocity matches this year (vs. London, vs. Rey). He's also been rocking a bad-ass Tiger Driver lately.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite

This show doesn't look too bad, considering. Better than Raw this week, anyway. Might actually watch this, if only to see Vince in the lowrider

How long until he's a heel again, then?

1 more thing - where's Charlie Haas? He hasn't been on either Velocity or SD the last 2 weeks. Pushing Haas would be 100x better than the Heidenreich push we're going to be burdened with.

Hell, gimme Jindrak over Heidenreich if they want to push a new heel. Jindrak was getting over and getting better in his Velocity matches. Sure, it was a Lex Luger rip-off, but it was working for him.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Hell, gimme Jindrak over Heidenreich if they want to push a new heel. Jindrak was getting over and getting better in his Velocity matches. Sure, it was a Lex Luger rip-off, but it was working for him.

And it's not like Luger had any talent anyway and he got over

Might actually watch this, if only to see Vince in the lowrider

Amen to that. You know that image is going to everyone's avatar after Thursday's broadcast.

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
Might actually watch this, if only to see Vince in the lowrider

Amen to that. You know that image is going to everyone's avatar after Thursday's broadcast.

Of course. Can't miss this opportunity

It might scar me for life though. The Flair strut Version Vince still scars me. And the Hogan Version Vince still scars me.

Vince should stop stealing from other wrestlers. Next he'll be giving William Regal or somebody a Stink Face

Oh no, wait ...

Guest JerichosHi-Lite
This show doesn't look too bad, considering.

Considering what?

Considering it's SmackDown 2004

Maybe WWE kept RVD off of Smackdown for there mere fact that RVD live in front of a Philadelphia crowd would probably outpop anyone else on the Smackdown roster and Vince doesn't want that to be reflected to the viewers. Regardless, not giving RVD a smackdown match in front of "his" fans is a dick move.

Maybe WWE kept RVD off of Smackdown for there mere fact that RVD live in front of a Philadelphia crowd would probably outpop anyone else on the Smackdown roster and Vince doesn't want that to be reflected to the viewers. Regardless, not giving RVD a smackdown match in front of "his" fans is a dick move.

He did have a match in front of his fans, of course this meaning the live crowd. He had a match on Velocity. So the ECW/Philly fans still got to see him wrestle.

Maybe WWE kept RVD off of Smackdown for there mere fact that RVD live in front of a Philadelphia crowd would probably outpop anyone else on the Smackdown roster and Vince doesn't want that to be reflected to the viewers.  Regardless, not giving RVD a smackdown match in front of "his" fans is a dick move.

He did have a match in front of his fans, of course this meaning the live crowd. He had a match on Velocity. So the ECW/Philly fans still got to see him wrestle.

yeah, but I meant a live match which would air on tv, and convey that RVD is super over to tv viewers that are waning on him at the moment. You know how sheepish WWE crowd tend to be, once a crowd sets a new trend whether it be a new chant, or breaking kayfabe as far as crowd heat goes......every other arena usually follows suit.

Angle shouldn't have to apologize to the divas. First off, they suck, and specifically, it was Torrie's slutty nature and bad acting that got Angle "crippled" in the first place. :P

Guest GreatOne

Release.The.Shift.Key.

N.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.o.........................

I see girlymen aren't just in Sacramento

Angle shouldn't have to apologize to the divas. First off, they suck, and specifically, it was Torrie's slutty nature and bad acting that got Angle "crippled" in the first place. :P

Yes. He had every right to fire that tart!

Sable? Sure, she'll be gone anyway. However, Jackie doesn't bother me, and Dawn's almost never on TV. He should have kept those and just fired the other two.

After that end of the show, I hope this doesn't mean I'll see that fat ass whore back on TV as a GM. Or Stephanie.

I guess Reigns/Cena is as good as signed for SumSlam--we had a match with a cheap ending.

Mysterio made it on TV? What have they been doing with that guy lately?

Spike sucks, so naturally his push continues. ;)

There was also a video showing all of the stuff that happened in Japan over the weekend.

Theres also going to be some sort of announcement on the theme song for Summerslam later in the show...

Bradshaw is outside posing with the Rocky statue and then they go up and he's put his cowboy hat on Rocky's head.

Bradshaw is in the ring with Taker and he says he already had a match at Summerslam, not against Taker but versus ........Shannon Moore. The Girls like him, and some guys do to, nothing wrong with that...buy rates through the roof.

AHAHA..

Theme Song for Summerslam Rush - "Summertime Blues"

Torrie's reaction to being "fired" = priceless.

Linda McMahon and Mick Foley will be at the Democratic Convention..yippee.

They actually promoted the Velocity ME of RVD vs Dupree.

Guest Anglesault
Shannon Moore in a Title match? I'd pay to see that.

You and...

well, you.

Guest Anglesault
Shannon Moore in a Title match? I'd pay to see that.

You and...

well, you.

I think you're underestimating the fangirl ratio in wrestling.

No, I'm not.

Even the fan girls have limits.