TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DerangedHermit

The OAO Raw Thread - 7/26/04 - 60 Minute Iron Man

60-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

July 26, 2004

The Legend Killer hoped to reduce the five-time Intercontinental Champion to another T-shirt statistic, and he seemed a three-count away after a low blow and an RKO. But a groggy referee was slow to make the count, and Edge mustered enough energy to barely kick out. When Orton went to his finisher again, Edge reversed it into a winning — and slightly illegal — pinning predicament.

While the fans in Washington were treated to a highly competitive Intercontinental Championship defense, those live in Pittsburgh next week will witness the biggest RAW contest of the year.

In a 60-minute Iron Man Match that begins promptly at the top of the hour, Chris Benoit will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H. Whoever scores the most decisions in the allotted time will walk out with the title. But one question remains: Can the Crippler even walk after the vicious beating taken at the hands (and feet) of Batista? Find out on RAW on Spike TV at 9/8 CT.

Hmmm...evil/fun thought.

WWE does the Iron Man match without commercials in the first hour...ends the show...

and the next hour is nothing BUT commercials!

...someone may hit me now.

Blasted, and I was looking forward to that Raw Is Igloo thread title I was going to make.

Curse you DerangeHermit :P

Desired Iron Man outcome: Benoit makes Triple H tap, ending the feud and setting up Benoit/Jericho for SS.

Likely Iron Man outcome: Euguene interferes and either turns heel and costs Benoit the title, or "accidentally" hits Benoit and saves the heel turn for later. Either way, it sets up HHH/Orton or HHH/Edge for SummerSlam.

I'm praying that they can hitt **** with this, there's no real reason they shouldn't be able to.

I'll be at the show, look for Heat taping results/anything extra around tuesday morning or so from me.

Guest wildpegasus
Blasted, and I was looking forward to that Raw Is Igloo thread title I was going to make.

Curse you DerangeHermit :P

Desired Iron Man outcome: Benoit makes Triple H tap, ending the feud and setting up Benoit/Jericho for SS.

Likely Iron Man outcome: Euguene interferes and either turns heel and costs Benoit the title, or "accidentally" hits Benoit and saves the heel turn for later. Either way, it sets up HHH/Orton or HHH/Edge for SummerSlam.

I'm praying that they can hitt **** with this, there's no real reason they shouldn't be able to.

I'll be at the show, look for Heat taping results/anything extra around tuesday morning or so from me.

Looking forward to your report. I say the WWE's leaning towards HHH vs Eugune for Summerslam.

Guest croweater

We don't get Raw until Friday, it's gonna be hard staying away from spoilers until then.

GO BENOIT!!!!!

Guest Trivia247

the 60 minute iron match is just to obscure the fact that they will waste the last 60 minutes all on Diva search and Lawler personally humping each girls leg.

Im So glad they don't allow those pesky wrestlers to WRESTLE anymore!

I also will be there.

So BHK, are you a little worried about the sixty min being boring live or is it just me?

Then again I was live for HITC at Badd Blood, which came off like shit live, so that might be why I'm paraniod.

The only really glaring fault I can see with the Ironman at this point is this: what ending exactly do they plan on pulling off? We've already had:

Bret/HBK: The tie at the end that sends the match into overtime.

Rock/HHH: 3rd wrestler interferes at the end of the match that causes the DQ finish, inadvertently costing the face the title

Angle Brock: Wrestler hangs on at last second while in other Wrester's finisher as time expire to stay up by one fall.

off the top of my head, I can't think of any NEW finishes. The most likely route I see them going is recycling the Rock/HHH finish.

Unless they forget that Bret/Michaels ever happened and so they declare it a "tie" and make the title vacant. Of course, WWE would never ever go against or forget past history, especially its own, right?

RIGHT?

Unless they forget that Bret/Michaels ever happened and so they declare it a "tie" and make the title vacant. Of course, WWE would never ever go against or forget past history, especially its own, right?

Oh God, they would never do that..

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say either beniot goes over, or the whole vacancy bullshit.

The only way the vacancy angle could work is if the rumors are true and they put Orton up for the title at Summerslam. If Orton has to go through a tourny to earn the spot, then it makes the challenge more legit, and also makes sense storyline wise.

Should be interesting

I would have them go about 3 falls each for a tie, with about a few minutes left. Have Benoit keep locking in the Crossface after every move HHH attempts, but HHH keeps getting the ropes. Finally, with about 30 seconds or so left, one more Crossface, and HHH either taps out from too much pain or passes out, giving Benoit the win.

I also will be there.

So BHK, are you a little worried about the sixty min being boring live or is it just me?

Then again I was live for HITC at Badd Blood, which came off like shit live, so that might be why I'm paraniod.

Well, I've seen all 3 Ironman matches, and I wasn't bored with any of them, personally.

However, I've also seen Micahels/HHH from Badd Blood and that match DID bor me. It should ahve ended around the 25 minute mark, so I can understand your paranoia.

however, if Benoit and Trips are both really motivated, I can't see why I wouldn't be entertained. I personally enjoy long matches, but that coul;d just be me.

If the pacing is proper, the transitions are smooth, and they can work the crowd well, I can't see the match boring me, or anyone else for that matter.

Guest SoZe

Wow, OPTIMISM, what a breath of fresh air. Seriously, we're getting a big match on fucking FREE tv here people. Will it have a clean finish?? Not likely. Would it have been better on PPV without comercials?? Yes. Should we still be kinda grateful that we're getting this for free?? I definately think so.

Wow, OPTIMISM, what a breath of fresh air.  Seriously, we're getting a big match on fucking FREE tv here people.  Will it have a clean finish??  Not likely.  Would it have been better on PPV without comercials??  Yes.  Should we still be kinda grateful that we're getting this for free??  I definately think so.

I can see where you're coming from, except I won't have commericals, and my biggest concern is that this turns into Brock/Angle. in other words, a possible ***** match turning into an hour long ***(or worse?) match that sould have ended sooner.

Guest SpiderFan
The only really glaring fault I can see with the Ironman at this point is this: what ending exactly do they plan on pulling off? We've already had:

Rock/HHH: 3rd wrestler interferes at the end of the match that causes the DQ finish, inadvertently costing the face the title

Angle Brock: Wrestler hangs on at last second while in other Wrester's finisher as time expire to stay up by one fall.

off the top of my head, I can't think of any NEW finishes. The most likely route I see them going is recycling the Rock/HHH finish.

Well, they could always do wrestler tries to hang on, but can't, and gives up at the last second.

I think what they'll likely do, though, is have Orton come out and try to screw over Benoit, only for Eugene to come out, dispose of Orton, and hit HHH with a chair. Instant setup for Orton/Benoit and HHH/Eugene for Summerslam, and Eugene can become a more serious and focused character, allowing Dinsmore to show off more of his skill.

BHK or Redbaron, record the match and Ebay it.

Wow, OPTIMISM, what a breath of fresh air. Seriously, we're getting a big match on fucking FREE tv here people. Will it have a clean finish?? Not likely. Would it have been better on PPV without comercials?? Yes. Should we still be kinda grateful that we're getting this for free?? I definately think so.

Wow, smark bashing, what a breath of fresh air. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen the match.

BHK or Redbaron, record the match and Ebay it.

Ya know....very tempting

but my luck I get caught, Vince shits down my throat, I get arrested, and the match ends up sucking anyway.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I have really been wondering about this match since they announced it last Monday. Since I will be there, I obviously been thinking about it moreso than usual. Basically I have heard all kinds of different reports about what will happen and I am basically worried on the direction of the match. Hopefully they just go out there and bust their ass to put on the match that we know this can be.......but probablility of that happening is slim to none.

60-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

July 26, 2004

The Legend Killer hoped to reduce the five-time Intercontinental Champion to another T-shirt statistic, and he seemed a three-count away after a low blow and an RKO. But a groggy referee was slow to make the count, and Edge mustered enough energy to barely kick out. When Orton went to his finisher again, Edge reversed it into a winning — and slightly illegal — pinning predicament.

While the fans in Washington were treated to a highly competitive Intercontinental Championship defense, those live in Pittsburgh next week will witness the biggest RAW contest of the year.

In a 60-minute Iron Man Match that begins promptly at the top of the hour, Chris Benoit will defend the World Heavyweight Championship against Triple H. Whoever scores the most decisions in the allotted time will walk out with the title. But one question remains: Can the Crippler even walk after the vicious beating taken at the hands (and feet) of Batista? Find out on RAW on Spike TV at 9/8 CT.

Why is half the preview spent talking about what happened on last week's show?

I could understand it if they were setting up a Edge/Orton rematch, but to use it as a segue to the Iron Man match?

60-MINUTE IRON MAN MATCH

July 26, 2004

Why is half the preview spent talking about what happened on last week's show?

I could understand it if they were setting up a Edge/Orton rematch, but to use it as a segue to the Iron Man match?

Because that's not the official preview, the official one hasn't been posted yet. I'm sure DerangedHermit will update it when it is posted.

and yes, recoding the entire match via fancam and selling it off is QUITE the temptation.

Edit: I stand corrected, that is the official preview.

Edited by BHK

I just hope that Vince isn't stupid enough to use the double image feature to show stupid Diva skits while the iron man match is happening. :angry:

*Waits for verbal beatdown*

Seriously guys, FanCam is the key. You'll bring in money from recording it. You will NOT get caught. If you do, say that you're blind, and you're recording it so that you can watch it when you get home. That'll work.

The only really glaring fault I can see with the Ironman at this point is this: what ending exactly do they plan on pulling off?  We've already had:

Angle Brock: Wrestler  hangs on at last second while in other Wrester's finisher as time expire to stay up by one fall.

off the top of my head, I can't think of any NEW finishes.  The most likely route I see them going  is recycling the Rock/HHH finish.

RIGHT?

How about a 6-0 shut out win for Benoit? There's a finish they haven't tried. :headbang:

I can't wait to hear JR try to cover for the crowd that will die 10 minutes into the Iron Man match. Also this could be the most overbooked match in WWE history just to keep the WWE live audience awake.

I can't wait to hear JR try to cover for the crowd that will die 10 minutes into the Iron Man match. Also this could be the most overbooked match in WWE history just to keep the WWE live audience awake.

*chuckles*

You truely do hate us don't you mike

Guest Staravenger

A different way it can be, except everyone will hate it.

Triple H leads 3-2 or 4-3 with less than a minute left. Benoit makes him tap with seconds left, and they go into overtime, where Benoit wins with whatever.

I don't think they've done that before. They've had the "hold on to win" the "0-0 tie" and the "shit finish" done already.

*chuckles*

You truely do hate us don't you mike

Hate? Never! However, I have seen all the previous Ironman matches so naturally I know exactly what to expect, especially considering this is Raw and not even a ppv where people halfway expect match times to go longer. How many rest holds will the live crowd be able to take?

Hopefully they just go out there and bust their ass to put on the match that we know this can be.......but probablility of that happening is slim to none.

We won't have to worry about both men giving it everything. Both guys are big match players and this will be no exception. The problems will lie in the story of the match, and the outside influences on the match.

Prediction.

*Triple H will tear a quad half-way through.

*Ref bump followed by a Randy Orton run-in RKO that will look terrible.

*They will over-expose Eugene once again and screw up the finish.

Is that the proper smark predictions?