TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Brock Lesnar signs with the Vikings.

The Minnesota Vikings have signed former WWE Pro Wrestler Brock Lesnar. Vikings head coach Mike Tice made the decision after putting Lesnar through strenuous 45-minute workout this morning during his tryout. Tice said Lesnar, who hasn't played football since high school, would play defensive tackle position as well some defensive end.

=-Pro Football Central

Brock Lesnar got some good news today, as he signed with the Minnesota Vikings. The former WWE wrestler will go from a multi-million dollar contract to just $230,000 per year. However, the Vikings had been Lesnar's "dream team" in terms of playing professional football, and he finally got his wish.

This news comes as somewhat of a surprise. The Vikings showed no interest in signing Lesnar after he tried out for the team and various sources were reporting that Lesnar's best hope for this season was to make a team's practice squad. Thus, making the main roster for the team he most wanted to play for is a huge accomplishment.

[source: Various]

--

Good, maybe he can replace Kenny Mixon now that he is suspended for two games.

My thread was first.....by 1 minute.

Why don't you bitch about it?

You are a punning machine!

But seriously, Lesnar will just stay on the practice squad all year, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut before the end of the preseason.

But seriously, Lesnar will just stay on the practice squad all year, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut before the end of the preseason.

People want to see Brock screw up and get a stinger and what not. He'll play because he'll draw in crowds.

People want to see Brock screw up and get a stinger and what not. He'll play because he'll draw in crowds.

My guess is that a vast majority of the crowd is there because they're football fans, not to see an ex-wrestler. There will be few people, if any, that go to a Vikes game to see Lesnar. The rest will be there to see their favorite football team play, regardless of Lesnar being there.

Are we all just assuming Brock sucks?

If he picks up the game fast, with his size and speed and durability then he could easily make third team defense.

If he learns quickly, the Vikings might have a defensive steal with great raw skill.

Guest Flyboy

I'm not. I think with some technique and such, that he can be pretty damn dominant.

I'm not. I think with some technique and such, that he can be pretty damn dominant.

I agree

Size and speed goes a long way in the NFL.

He learns the game fast then he could easily be a solid addition to the Vikings.

I concur. The guy has the size needed, and he's scary strong. He also has good speed and quickness for someone as big as he is. All he needs is football knowledge and technique. Brock picked up pro wrestling pretty quick, though, so I doubt he's an idiot when it comes to new athletic pursuits.

Technique is everything when playing football and it's not something you just pick up real easily. He'll probably struggle for a while until he's finally cut.

Guest Staravenger

I wonder how happy some of the players are on the Vikings, who worked their asses off in high school, college and in the pros to just make it onto the regular roster. Of course as long as they win a Super Bowl it won't matter...but I don't follow the Vikings, so I don't know how they are going to do this year.

Guest Salacious Crumb

I concur. The guy has the size needed, and he's scary strong. He also has good speed and quickness for someone as big as he is. All he needs is football knowledge and technique. Brock picked up pro wrestling pretty quick, though, so I doubt he's an idiot when it comes to new athletic pursuits.

And it's the Viking defense. You don't have to do much to look like a million bucks on that side of the ball for them.

I wonder how happy some of the players are on the Vikings, who worked their asses off in high school, college and in the pros to just make it onto the regular roster. Of course as long as they win a Super Bowl it won't matter...but I don't follow the Vikings, so I don't know how they are going to do this year.

They probably don't care since if Brock develops quickly he can be an asset to the team that can help them win and its not like Lesnar hasnt worked his ass off thorough high school and college, and the WWE to become a top notch athlete that must be an amazing raw talent to even sign a contract at the highest level of football without much experience

If you can win the NCAA Wrestling Championship, you have the f'n athletic ability to be a football player.

Congrats to Lesnar who we probably won't see in the WWE again anytime soon, if ever...and I hope he dominates because with more football experience, he'll be insane.

What did Kenny Mixon get suspended for? Did his dumb ass do coke AGAIN? He already was suspended for a season at LSU for that shit.

If he picks up the game fast, with his size and speed and durability then he could easily make third team defense.

If he learns quickly, the Vikings might have a defensive steal with great raw skill.

So....you're saying he has tremendous upside? ;)

As a Vikes fan, I have mixed feelings about this

While I will mark out when I see Lesnar sporting the purple and gold jersey, I am worried about his ability to play on the field, especially since the Vikings seem to have a mixed eye for talent

Guest FrigidSoul

If he gives Brett Favre an F-5 and ends his consecutive games streak then I'll buy the man's jersey and wear it proudly.

So....you're saying he has tremendous upside? ;)

Please, do not link me with Mel Kiper. I could NEVER achieve his hair. His hair ranks up there with Marty Stuart and Christopher Walken in the "how the hell does it just STAY like that".

I don't see where this harms the Vikings at all.

The only reason teams didn't chase him down was the question of how fast he learns. That was it.

Guest Brian
Also, Brock will have his first media session tomorrow morning

"I hate gays. Get that in your notebook."