TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Tyson KO'd in Round Four

Mike Tyson was knocked out tonight with about 10 seconds left in round four. Needless to say, Tyson's career as a serious heavyweight contender are now over. Doubtless now he moves on to K-1.

Tyson looked alright in round one, but he had nothing after that. 17 months out of the ring doesn't help him at all and he probably didn't do much conditioning for that fight. The fight was over before round four started. Williams was fighting dirty early on, but it didn't really change the outcome of the fight.

This is glorious. Hopefully this will encourage Tyson to give it up and stay away from the big time heavy weight contender boxers.

Bye Bye Iron Mike

Danny now has it made, he'll forever be known as the guy who ended Mike Tyson's career even though it's been finished for years.

Over here he was known as a choker in big matches, our press will conveniently forget that now of course.

Edit: I only ordered because there was a good card in the UK before the Tyson fight.

Edited by deancoles411

I was thinking when I heard about this fight that it would be funny if Tyson ended up KOed by one of these scrubs he has faced. I didn't think it would actually happen though.

Congrats to Williams. If nothing else, he gets 15 minutes of fame, and can forever say that he knocked out Mike Tyson.

Guest Frank_Nabbit

So his 7 bout 40 million dollar deal is kinda out the window?

Needless to say, Tyson's career as a serious heavyweight contender are now over. Doubtless now he moves on to K-1.

Even if he fights Bob Sapp the money will be far less than it would have been a year ago.

Guest activeverb

How come Tyson lost to Evander Holyfield in late 1996? He was in his prime age wise then. I think Evander might have been bigger but I'm sure so were some of the fighters Tyson faced in the 80s.

The heavyweight division is basically over for the time being. Like him or not, Tyson was the only one drawing any interest and even that had already dropped significantly. There are 3 different heavyweight champions right now and none of them draw at all. The contenders don't look very interesting either. I don't know what it will take to restore some interest in it.

Even if he fights Bob Sapp the money will be far less than it would have been a year ago.

Its still the best offer he's going to get at this point.

How come Tyson lost to Evander Holyfield in late 1996? He was in his prime age wise then. I think Evander might have been bigger but I'm sure so were some of the fighters Tyson faced in the 80s.

Holyfield was taller. When I think of that fight, Holyfield pretty much stepped up and had the fight of his life. Just an amazing performance.

The heavyweight division is basically over for the time being. Like him or not, Tyson was the only one drawing any interest and even that had already dropped significantly. There are 3 different heavyweight champions right now and none of them draw at all. The contenders don't look very interesting either. I don't know what it will take to restore some interest in it.

Roy Jones Jr.

Guest activeverb

Roy Jones Jr, another name, but the people who know better won't buy it.

How come Tyson lost to Evander Holyfield in late 1996?  He was in his prime age wise then.  I think Evander might have been bigger but I'm sure so were some of the fighters Tyson faced in the 80s.

You're forgetting the obvious here. Tyson had just recently come out of jail after serving 3 years and hadn't really fought anyone since. Frank Bruno and Bruce Seldon were lucky to even have title fights, both of them winning was pretty weird. His prime was long gone, age has nothing to do with it. You also add to that Holyfield gameplanned it perfectly. He played up all of Tyson's weaknesses which had rarely been seen to that point.

Here's his fight record.

Imagine a fighter today trying to have as many fights in their first 2 years as a pro, now it takes about 3 months negotiating a fight.

Tyson Fight record

Edit: Why did he fight Razor Ruddock 2 times in a row? was there controversy in the 1st fight?

And what has Bob Sapp done notable in the past year?

On New Year's Eve, he fought sumo champion Akebono in a K-1 event. Their match was the most viewed program in the entire country in that time span.

Sapp got schooled in his last MMA fight, but still he is a big draw in Japan. Just maybe not as big as a year or two ago.

Guest Posada20
Hopefully Tyson's done for good. The most overrated fighter ever.

If Tyson is first, Ali is second, greatest of all time doesn't lose.

Guest Mindless_Aggression

There is no reason not to have Mike Tyson on The Surreal Life 4 now.

Guest activeverb
If Tyson is first, Ali is second, greatest of all time doesn't lose.

Maybe they mean greatest of all time in his prime.

I think he meant in terms of overrated.

Ali is slightly overrated, but he is the greatest heavyweight ever. Like Tyson, Ali was at his best at an earlier age, before the suspension. He was unhittable.

A friend of mine has the Voom HD Satellite service and he told me that Voom was giving the Tyson fight away for free (in HD) as a thank you to their customers and said I could come over and watch it with a couple other people, but I forgot about it.

Im not that big on boxing, but it would have been something to see in HD.

On our news they had an interview with one of Tyson's corner and they said that Tyson hurt his knee in round 1 and it made the fight impossible for him.

On our news they had an interview with one of Tyson's corner and they said that Tyson hurt his knee in round 1 and it made the fight impossible for him.

Considering Tyson was suppose to knock this guy out in one round, that's complete and utter bs from people trying to keep their meal ticket fighting.

Tyson is done, he was done when he decided to just stand there and be a punching bag for Lennox Lewis.

As for Roy Jones Jr....pound for pound the most BORING fighter in boxing today. I watched four Roy fights and every one of them made me want to take a nap.

Guest Posada20
I think he meant in terms of overrated.

Ali is slightly overrated, but he is the greatest heavyweight ever. Like Tyson, Ali was at his best at an earlier age, before the suspension. He was unhittable.

Rocky Marciano is the greatest of all time.