TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
LucharesuFan619

Impact Spoilers

Courtesy of Alan Wojck:

TNA Impact dark matches for August 5, 2004

Fans were able to receive t-shirts autographed by Jeff Jarrett, Raven, AJ Styles and 3 Live Kru among others for being the loudest people in the soundstage. Jeremy Borash continued “the feud” that Nashville fans don’t care about and ask the fans to fill out the comment cards, not sure if they are doing the same in Nashville.

Match One, refereed by Billy “the Kid” Dalton: former IPW World champion “the Miami Pound Machine” Rod Steel vs. Amazing Red. This was a big contrast in styles. Steel is a natural heel and he showed it to the TNA fans. Shame the Orlando crowd doesn’t know Steel because he is a great worker. Red won after hitting a superkick after Steel blocked Red’s attempted power sunset flip.

Match Two, refereed by Billy “the Kid” Dalton: Mikey Batts and “Mr. 630” Jerrelle Clark vs. the NWA World tag team champions The Naturals(Chase Stevens & Andy Douglas) who came with new ring jackets and tights. The fans really love Clark and Batts and hate Douglas and Stevens. The Naturals won the match by hitting Batts with the Natural Disaster.

Match Three, refereed by Billy “the Kid” Dalton: Team Canada members Bobby Roode, “Hotshot” Johnny Devine and “Showtime Eric Young vs. 3 Live Kru. This seems to be the way TNA is running the pre-taping, show two good matches then give the fans a PPV style match. 3 Live Kru is super over with the crowd. Konnan and BJ James hit the mic with James doing a variation on the old New Age Outlaws pre-match mic ritual. BJ James got the win for the 3LK by pinning Young after a pump-handle slam.

Matches for TNA Impact to air on Friday August 6, 2004

Match Four, refereed by Rudy Charles: Antonio Banks and Sal Rinnauro vs. America’s Most Wanted. AMW did not show any rust from the “country whipping” match last night with Team Canada. AMW hit Rinnauro with the Death Sentence for the win but Team Canada members hit the ring but 3 Live Kru and XXX came out to fight them off as the Naturals stood atop the rampway watching the action. Roode lost his Canadian tanktop in the scuffle and BJ James tore it to shreds with help from James Storm.

Video package hyping Monty Brown plays for the fans.

Match Five, refereed by Mike Posey: “Alpha Male” Monty Brown vs. former NWA FL Heavyweight champion Bruce Steele. Somehow Brown has become a fan favorite with the Orlando crowd despite coming from the heel rampway. Brown is now billed as hailing from the Serengeti and finally lost the leopard spotted tights. Steele looked good in the ring with Brown who is as big as a Shane Twin. Brown hit the Pounce tackle to pin Steele. From out of nowhere came Raven and Sabu fighting around ringside as they went to commercial and continued to fight almost until the show came back for the next match. Rod Steel doubled as TNA security was punched out by Sabu. It seemed forever but Sabu jumped from the ring off a chair onto Raven who was in the crowd being held back by Rudy Charles.

Match Six, refereed by Mike Posey: Jason Cross vs. former NWA World X Division champion AJ Styles. Cross is no stranger to the X division having battled in TNA during 2002 and 2003. Cross missed what appeared to be an inverted 450 splash. Styles got the win with the Styles Clash. Dumbest thing the WWE ever did was not grabbing Styles when they had the chance.

Match Seven, refereed by Mike Posey: NWA Wildside’s Gabriel vs. Jeff Hardy. Fans in “the pit” area do not like Hardy but they are drowned out through the match but at one point chanted “we want Matt”. Hardy hit the Twist of Fate and the Swanton bomb to finish off Gabriel.

Jeff Hammond’s “Six Points of Impact” feature on the upcoming 20 man X Division gauntlet battle royal to break the co-championship held by Frankie Kazarian and Michael Shane. Don West and Mike Tenay did their standup to hype the September 6-7th “Gut Check” for the TNA Academy as well as the TNA Wrestling PPV. Jeff Jarrett came out to the ring calling out Jeff Hardy not wanting to wait for the TNA championship committee to announce the date. Hardy answered and beat on Jarrett until the Elite Guard (Onyx, Chad Collyer and Hotstuff Hernandez) came out and fought with Hardy until Jarrett got back to his feet and put Hardy in a figure four leg lock. This was broken up by Ron Killings who was followed to the ring by Vince Russo and Dusty Rhodes

Match Eight, refereed by Rudy Charles: NWA X division co-champions Frankie “’the Future” Kazarian and Michael Shane (w/Traci), Kid Kash (w/Dallas and Team Canada member Petey Williams (w/Scott D’amore) vs. XXX (Fallen Angel Christopher Daniels and “Primetime” Elix Skipper, Sonjay Dutt and “the Future” Chris Sabin. Just an observation there seems to be no babyface managers in TNA but Desire. Kazarian had his hair in braids. Daniels wore black and silver and Skipper wore black and gold tights, each had a big X on the side. This was a PPV style match that hopefully looks as good on TV as it did in person. TV might have gone to commercial during the match. I cannot describe what I saw because it would take me a while. Sonjay hit the Hindu Press on Shane but D’amore distracted Charles as Raven stopped the pin, Williams pinned Dutt with the Canadian destroyer. BJ James and Konnan charged the ring as the show ended so I am not sure how much of the brawling made the TV show but it went on for several minutes. During one part of the scuffle Daniels hit D’amore with the BME. Jerry Lynn signed autographs after the show.

The biggest crowd pops of the evening were for AJ Styles, Jeff Hardy, the post main event brawl and anyone, namely Rick Santel, who gave the fans free t-shirts.

Good to see my local boy Mikey Batts getting a shot, and I know we got a bunch of Wildside fans on this board, so no doubt they'll be happy to hear about Sal Rinaruo and Gabriel's debut and Cross' return.

Guest Donners

Arguably still a few too many jobber matches, but I like the sound of the ME and at least the non-regulars are pretty talented guys like Cross.

Ok very confusing spoilers, why is Raven interfering in the main event?

I don't get why they are giving away free stuff to people attending a free show, when all the Nashville crowd gets is a free poster for attending the anniversary show. Plus this whole thing between Nashville and Orlando died when the Nashville crowd chanted 'F*ck Orlando' when JB brought it up a couple weeks ago.

Anyways, the show looks decent.

Ok very confusing spoilers, why is Raven interfering in the main event?

I don't get why they are giving away free stuff to people attending a free show, when all the Nashville crowd gets is a free poster for attending the anniversary show. Plus this whole thing between Nashville and Orlando died when the Nashville crowd chanted 'F*ck Orlando' when JB brought it up a couple weeks ago.

Anyways, the show looks decent.

Because Sonjay Dutt is in the main event, and Sonjay is Sabu's friend or whatever. So I guess Raven interfered to piss Sabu off.

Guest whitemilesdavis

I can deal with this card. Cross and Gabriel are at least known workers, and the main does look good. Looks like I'll tape it.

BJ James

I know that's just a mistake, but that is funny.

And I must comment on Prototype's signature. That is the best one I've seen.

If the 8-man main event winds up getting anything less than 8-9 minutes, my disillusionment with Impact will grow exponentially.

Guest Real F'n Show

Agreed. Did you make that Prototype? That's super cool.

Guest MikeSC
If the 8-man main event winds up getting anything less than 8-9 minutes, my disillusionment with Impact will grow exponentially.

If it gets 6, I'll be stunned.

-=Mike

Agreed. Did you make that Prototype? That's super cool.

Sadly, I did not. My sig was made in a program called Pivot. You can animate stick figures in anyway you want. It's quite fun.

Oh, and to stay on topic, The 20 man X Division gauntlet match looks quite intriguing.

whats happening on the show at the moment? Can someone let me know if Gabriel and Cross get any good offence in their matches?

Cross got in some decent offence on AJ, including a cool Slingshot Unprettier. Gabriel dominated like 16 seconds of the match with Hardy.

Yea, the Hardy/Gabriel match was very quick..but thatl's a good thing I suppose.

As for the World title...I'm not the only one who see's a four way being made am I? Evidently..but sadly that might end Monty's win streak...or maybe he'll win the title...but I doubt it.

Id rather see him as champ then Jarett though actually..

damn, so no big spots or anything for Gabriel? When he has fought AJ and Daniels on Xplosion they gave him good offence.

Im glad to see Cross get to show his stuff though. I would not be suprised to see him in the gauntlet next week.

Guest MikeSC

They mentioned all of the names in the Gauntlet, but I can't remember if they named Jason Cross.

-=Mike

They mentioned all of the names in the Gauntlet, but I can't remember if they named Jason Cross.

-=Mike

They didn't name Jason Cross..they also didn't mention all the names in the gauntlet.

They named ten guys, (not Kazarian & Shane though) and then said..and ten other competitors from around the world. That was it.

Guest MikeSC

-=Mike

They didn't name Jason Cross..they also didn't mention all the names in the gauntlet.

They named ten guys, (not Kazarian & Shane though) and then said..and ten other competitors from around the world. That was it.

Oh, my bad. This show really isn't all that riveting and I'm tuning in and out here.

-=Mike

...Ah, here's JJ. It's just gettin' BETTER!

-=Mike

I don't think they mentioned everyone, but Cross has a good chance of making it into the match.

...Ah, here's JJ. It's just gettin' BETTER!

:lol:

Here's the list as follows (EDIT- commercial just played again, and..)

Kid Kash

Sonjay Dutt

Amazing Red

Petey Williams

AJ Styles

Chris Sabin

Michael Shane

Frankie Kazarian

Jerry Lynn

Nosawa

10 others..

I know...

Jarelle Clark

Mikey Batts

Guest COCOPUFFS

Show is ok i suppose, I just wish the match's would be a little bit longer than 3 minutes.

Guest MikeSC

Wow, looks like there's a good chance of this ME match GETTING SOME TIME.

-=Mike

:lol: Kid Kash just looks...so much like a 'Napolean' character or something when he walks out there with that huge jacket.

Well..still it can't go over 10 mins.. ;) but I suppose good time, for Impact.

Guest MikeSC
:lol: Kid Kash just looks...so much like a 'Napolean' character or something when he walks out there with that huge jacket.

Well..still it can't go over 10 mins.. ;) but I suppose good time, for Impact.

I was expecting about 5 and we're almost 3 minutes in.

I just love how they have to take commercial breaks during their informercial.

-=Mike

Ok...everyone in the match is trying to take themselves out before next week.

Skipper almost missed,and tried to kill himself. Daniels flip was AWESOME, as always, Sabin almost hit the guard rail..but still hit the floor hard. But seeing D'amore, going AHHHHHH and running, was worth it. :lol:

And one thing I've come to hate about Impact, is they always end it with some big brawl..that wouldn't be so bad if it had some purpose...but 3Lk for instance? What reason did they have for this match? If you're not Xdivision there was no reason for you to run out, and that seems to happen every week.

Ok...everyone in the match is trying to take themselves out before next week.

Skipper almost missed,and tried to kill himself. Daniels flip was AWESOME, as always, Sabin almost hit the guard rail..but still hit the floor hard. But seeing D'amore, going AHHHHHH and running, was worth it. :lol:

And one thing I've come to hate about Impact, is they always end it with some big brawl..that wouldn't be so bad if it had some purpose...but 3Lk for instance? What reason did they have for this match? If you're not Xdivision there was no reason for you to run out, and that seems to happen every week.

3LK ran out because Petey Williams is in Team Canada..............

but then again, they aren't even wrestling Petey on Wednsday.

3LK ran out because Petey Williams is in Team Canada..............

I take it I missed something... :huh: when exactly did 3LK come to hate Petey Williams...cuz I know they also interfered in the cage match.