TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
BHK

The OAO Hard Sell for SummerSlam thread 08.09.04

SUMMER SIZZLER

August 9, 2004

Eugene wants revenge after his mentor, William Regal, was ripped apart by a furious Triple H last week. And he’ll get it tonight: Eugene will team with World Heavyweight Champion Chris Benoit to face Evolution’s Cerebral Assassin and Randy Orton.

So close to Toronto’s SummerSlam spectacular, it’ll be interesting to see The Crippler get in the ring with the rising star challenging for his title on Aug. 15. It’s a mix of emotion and talent that makes for one hell of a RAW match.

Not to be outdone, two-thirds of SummerSlam’s Intercontinental Championship Triple-Threat Match will square off tonight: Chris Jericho faces Edge in a grudge match brought on by their problems in recent weeks. The animal Batista must be brimming with confidence knowing his two Toronto opponents will soften each other up tonight.

There’s one crucial piece missing from SummerSlam’s “Till Death Do Us Part” match — a contract signing to ensure a commitment to the unusual and binding stipulation involving Lita. All three involved will meet on RAW to ink the deal. Will Matt Hardy and Kane save their energy for Aug. 15, or will the contract signing bring more fireworks?

Be sure to tune in (9/8 CT, Spike TV) to find out which girl from the 250,000 RAW Diva Search Competition is going home — and surely there will be more interesting things in store for the gorgeous Diva hopefuls.

Obviously, I'm expecting the typical hard sell for the PPV. I'm expecting Triple H to get the best of Eugene and Benoit to get the upperhand on Orton and then the "The person to get the last laugh on TV loses on PPV" formula to kick in. I'm also seeing Batista winning the IC title on Sunday, as that will create an interesting dynamic with Orton/Dave as champs and Triple H with no gold. Oh yeah, and the diva search segment. :throwup:

Edit: changed the preview to the updated one on WWE.com

Edited by BHK

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
House Show reports say Benoit/Orton is great, so I'll be ordering my first PPV since the Rumble.

The triple threat was really good too, for what it's worth.

Wait, Triple H is gonna job Sunday?

It depends. If Orton goes over, then yes, becasue they have to have a way to keep Hunter away from him for a while if they plan on going with Hunter/Randy for Mania XXI.

A contract signing? I bet the participants will come out, promptly sign the contract, shake hands, and then return to their dressing rooms in an orderly fashion.

Or perhaps someone will get beaten down.

DQ for the non-IC title match...Orton pins Benoit (again?) in the ME are my quick predictions.

I think Dave, Edge, Benoit, and Eugene win at Slam, respectively. With Orton winning the title the following night on Raw.

I think Dave, Edge, Benoit, and Eugene win at Slam, respectively. With Orton winning the title the following night on Raw.

!!!

Guest Staravenger

!!!

Someone has been watching the UT/Kane/Austin triple thrat match from Breakdown where TWO PEOPLE got the pin.

And if this prediction comes true I am going to crap my brain out.

Guest TheZsaszHorsemen
DQ for the non-IC title match...Orton pins Benoit (again?) in the ME are my quick predictions.

Why in the hell would they give away the title change on Free TV?

I think Dave, Edge, Benoit, and Eugene win at Slam, respectively.  With Orton winning the title the following night on Raw.

Why in the hell would they give away the title change on Free TV?

Plus it's kinda a Summerslam tradition.

Remember 1999's Summerslam and the night after?

Guest Quik

World's Wildest Police Chases is on. I miss the good ole days where Murder, She Wrote was the lead-in for Raw.

Hmm, they're in Cleveland tonight, future home of SSeries this year.

And looks like Jester was right about a contract signing. :lol: