TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dazed

The OAO SummerSlam 2004 Thread

Guest Staravenger

Only get to see the matches for like 9 days. Can't be saved to computer that I know of. I think WWE did something to protect webcast sharing too, but don't quote me on that.

Why don't they ever use the kickass runway to the ring? You know the one. It's used alot in Japan, and it stops level with the ring apron. That's awesome.

One reason might be that you can't 1) not be obvious when running in, 2) slide underneath the ropes, or 3) brawl outside too much.

ECW used it for Living Dangerously one year(I think) and Taz suplexed Bam Bam through it.

If Heidenreich interferes in the Taker/JBL match, what are the odds that he completely botches things? He'll probably run in and have to kick Taker, but botch it and fall on his ass. But who knows...

Anyways, I haven't watched Smackdown in several months. How have they been building up Heidenreich? Is he going to have some old gimmick like so many other guys on SD recently?

If Heidenreich interferes in the Taker/JBL match, what are the odds that he completely botches things? He'll probably run in and have to kick Taker, but botch it and fall on his ass. But who knows...

Anyways, I haven't watched Smackdown in several months. How have they been building up Heidenreich? Is he going to have some old gimmick like so many other guys on SD recently?

Nah, he's just had a load of vignettes in which he repeats his name a lot.

I stopped ordering webcasts after they raised the price for them. I refuse to order another one untill they give me the option of ordering a $17.95 version.

That said, my father ordered SummerSlam tonight, so I'll get to see this one at least.

Guest Staravenger

Rob Van Dam vs. Rene Dupree is the Heat Match. RVD went from an interesting Intercontinental Title/Cross-Promotion in 2002 vs. Benoit, to being Kanes bitch in 2003, and is now the Heat match.

The entrance set has a big arch-shaped tron (which must have been a bitch to coordinate).

Lilian says BAH-tista.

Jericho with the heelish promo. I like how he said "the Intercontinental Title-yeah!" in the middle of his promo.

HartFan86 just lost speaking priveleges for dissing Rush.

And Spike's matchup screen pic has him holding the *WCW* CW Title belt.

Guest Bitterness the Star
The theme song for Summerslam is horrible.

Using a cover is WWE's way of "appealing to the younger audience".

HartFan86 just lost speaking priveleges for dissing Rush.

And Spike's matchup screen pic has him holding the *WCW* CW Title belt.

They should have brought back "Fight" from Summerslam 2002. Fits the event perfectly.

Guest Rrrsh

Man they should have made Jericho go full blown heel for Tornoto and left out Batista. He has no point to the match, just give him the strap tomorrow.

Guest Breakdancingbatista

Can't wait for triple threat tonight when my main man Batista man walks away with the IC title.

They should have brought back "Fight" from Summerslam 2002. Fits the event perfectly.

Or, at the very least, used the original Summertime Blues.

It's such a better version, and would go with the PPV better.

Guest Staravenger
Kane looked very high during that contract signing.

He looked like Fire Marshall Bill.

Guest Undying Fury

Well I'm a bit upset over missing Benoit/Orton and Eddie/Angle but if they end up turning out really good I can just check the DVD out later so whatever. Damn I still can't believe that RVD has fallen all the way to Heat duty now... :angry:

Guest Breakdancingbatista

I'm loving Ivorys announcing, her excitements rubbing off on me.

Guest Staravenger
Damn I still can't believe that RVD has fallen all the way to Heat duty now... :angry:

Who would've thought that PAUL LONDON got a slot on the 2nd biggest PPV of the Year, but Rob Van Dam doesn't.

Damn I still can't believe that RVD has fallen all the way to Heat duty now... :angry:

I find it odd that PAUL LONDON got a slot on the 2nd biggest PPV of the Year, but Rob Van Dam doesn't.

I still find it hard to believe that Bradshaw is on the event period.

Who would've thought that PAUL LONDON got a slot on the 2nd biggest PPV of the Year, but Rob Van Dam doesn't.

Looks like Vince is starting to realise that London could be marketable.

That can be good or bad.