TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

Essa, you sure? I've heard rumors that they might go the Alias/24 route and have the season start later but have less off-weeks in the middle.

I hope you're right, and they're starting sooner rather than later.

i heard its going to go more continouos.

as per locke, its most likely he sat there entranced, wondering, or arguing with it...

itll be very interesting when they find the other survivors

its been established now that ana lucia will be a regular character, so thats got to mean they find the tail...which makes the whole reason vs. faith all the more important of a struggle, +1 for rose and fairth

I like the full season with somewhat long periods of time between episodes. I think it allows viewers to want more and more of it, though it can be frustrating at times. It also gives you time to actually contemplate what's going on in the show, instead of just having only week after week to try to figure things out.

I haven't read any spoiler tags or online stuff, but with all the speculation about other survivors, if they meet up with the original 48 (whatever the number now) I hope one person saw Locke getting carried onto the plane, I think that could create an interesting angle, does Locke feel threatened that someone knows his secret? Or does anybody else know about it now?

Gert

There were 42 initial survivors. Minus Scott (or Steve), Joanna (who drowned) and Artz, there are now 39 survivors.

And I thought Locke had stated that he was paralyzed publicly, and that's a reason for his faith

There were 48 survivors of the crash. The guy that gets sucked into the engine, the pilot, the marshall, Joanna, Scott, Boone and Artz make it 41 remaining.

Claire gave birth to Arron bringing the count back to 42.

The other death was Charlie killing Ethan (though I'm one of the believers of him being alive) but he wasnt on the plane so he doesn't count in the survivor total.

Guest Joe_G

I actually have a pet theory there's another Artz out there. In Exodus, when they get to the dark territory, Artz decides to turn back. Then a few minutes later he rejoins the group when the monster shows up. Of course he soon goes kablooey.

I think the original Artz made his way back to camp when a second Artz joined up with Jack et al. The whole scene when Artz left just seemed odd to me, especially since he rejoined them right away and he was dead pretty soon after that.

How or why this is, I cannot say. Just a weird theory.

There were 48 survivors of the crash.  The guy that gets sucked into the engine, the pilot, the marshall, Joanna, Scott, Boone and Artz make it 41 remaining.

Claire gave birth to Arron bringing the count back to 42.

The other death was Charlie killing Ethan (though I'm one of the believers of him being alive) but he wasnt on the plane so he doesn't count in the survivor total.

Actually, we are both incorrect.

50 Number of people who survive the initial crash

49 Turbine Man sucked into engine and dies

48 Pilot Killed by monster (this is the initial count that Jack makes, which doesn't include the Pilot or the Tubine Man)

47 Marshal euthanized by Jack

46 Joanna Drowns (confirmed in Ep. 5 when Jack tells Charlie "there's 46 of us now")

45 Scott is killed

45* Ethan killed by Charlie (see note above as to why Ethan's death doesn't affect the count)

46 Claire's son born

45 Boone dies

44 Arzt is blown to kingdom come

I actually have a pet theory there's another Artz out there.  In Exodus, when they get to the dark territory, Artz decides to turn back.  Then a few minutes later he rejoins the group when the monster shows up.  Of course he soon goes kablooey. 

I think the original Artz made his way back to camp when a second Artz joined up with Jack et al.  The whole scene when Artz left just seemed odd to me, especially since he rejoined them right away and he was dead pretty soon after that.

How or why this is, I cannot say.  Just a weird theory.

And you people say that I've lost my mind?!

Umm. No.

I actually have a pet theory there's another Artz out there.  In Exodus, when they get to the dark territory, Artz decides to turn back.  Then a few minutes later he rejoins the group when the monster shows up.  Of course he soon goes kablooey. 

I think the original Artz made his way back to camp when a second Artz joined up with Jack et al.  The whole scene when Artz left just seemed odd to me, especially since he rejoined them right away and he was dead pretty soon after that.

How or why this is, I cannot say.  Just a weird theory.

And you people say that I've lost my mind?!

Umm. No.

Yeah, his theory is less sensible than yours. It's shorter, though, so more people will read it.

Jin/Sun episode is on right now, I totally forgot about the two bodies Jack found by the cave and the black and white marbles/rocks/whatever that he found on one of em.

That's what's so great about this show, but a pain in the ass at the same time. So many questions with so many possibilities, but easily forgotten because there are so many of them.

During tonight's show, there was an ad for Oceanic Airlines, in that soothing island vacation tone. Kinda creepy.

I noticed a couple subtle touches in the direction with regards to the watch element of the story. After Jin gets handcuffed, Sun gestures at her wrist, which Sayid assumes refers to the handcuffs (which may have been true, but she might've been trying to point out the watch as the cause of the problem). Then the next flashback opens with a shot of Sun's watch. Nothing big, just thought I'd mention 'em.

I just watched the 7/6 episode tonight, great stuff, anybody waiting for the start of the 2nd season?

How do you think the 2nd season should start? At the hatch? In the water? Another flashback?

As far as central plot line it should be at the hatch, but I would rather see it start in the water, especially if they cut out some of the scenes as Holloway suggests.

I think we'll get a 3 minute review of major scenes from the first season all up until the end of season one with Jack and Locke looking far far down.

Then play the opening LOST thing.

Then we go to the hatch. That's where they should start off.

I do think that they filmed more than what has been shown, as Holloway said.

Lost, but not alone: Fans show up by thousands to see show's stars

July 16, 2005

Viewers of ABC's hit show Lost will learn what's inside the infamous hatch in the first episode of the second season, "and it's not just another hatch," promised executive producer Damon Lindelof.

But that's about the only tidbit about the serial mystery show that he and other executive producers gave out during a panel discussion of the show with fans at Comic-Con on Saturday, other than the second season will answer many of the first season's unresolved questions about the island and what's going on -- but that those answers will raise new questions of their own.

"Basically, we mean to put you in a Mobius loop of confusion," writer Javier Grillo-Marxauch said.

Roughly 4,000 people packed the massive Room 20 of the San Diego Convention Center for ABC's presentations on Lost and two new serial mystery shows: Invasion, about what may be an alien invasion of a hurricane-struck Florida town; and Night Stalker, a "reimagining" of the 1970s cult classic Kolchak: The Night Stalker.

After showing video clips from the upcoming Sept. 6 first-season DVD set -- interviews on the making of the show and some deleted scenes featuring bad-boy loner James "Sawyer" Ford -- Lindelof, Grillo-Marxauch and other executives were joined by stars Josh Holloway, who plays Sawyer, and Maggie Grace, who plays the demanding Shannon Rutherford.

Fans shouted "I love you" to both actors before asking such questions as whether it was true Holloway enjoyed swimming in the nude.

"Well, I think we all like to return to nature," Holloway joked. "I don't do it very often. Occasionally."

Asked later about the benefits of taping the show in Hawaii, "skinny-dipping would probably rate pretty high," Grace said.

"Polar bears also swim in the nude," executive producer Carlton Cuse said, riffing on one fan's question about the plausibility of having had polar bears menace characters on the show's tropical island.

The actors began taping the show with only a little background about who they were playing and their relationships with the other characters, Grace said.

"It was pretty much on a need-to-know basis," Grace said.

Holloway said the creators gave cast members the freedom to develop their characters and that he shared some exagerrated similarities with the Sawyer fans see on screen.

"I think there is a part of us that wants to say what we think all the time, but we don't do that or we'd wind up in jail," Holloway said.

One fan asked Holloway about the meaning of the comic book once possessed by the show's Walt Lloyd character, saying the comic appeared to depict both aliens and polar bears.

Holloway gamely tried to answer the question.

"I believe the comic book was in Spanish, but Sawyer barely speaks English," he said. "He looked at the pictures."

Lindelof stepped in.

"There could not possibly be aliens because, as everyone knows, this is not a science fiction show," he said, tongue apparently firmly in cheek.

The creators mapped out a a possible long-term storyline for the show, but the uncertain nature of any television series means they can't depend on carrying out a long-term plan, Lindelof said.

"We know what the end of the show is, and when that happens depends on you," Lindelof told the audience of fans. "Hopefully that will be four, five, six seasons."

http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/weblogs...ves/001810.html

http://www.lostlinks.net/

Comic-Con 2005: Lost DVD Details

New clips and information showcased at the event.

July 16, 2005 - At ABC's special Lost panel this morning at Comic-Con, producer Shawn Cassidy revealed some new details about the seven disc boxed set that is scheduled to be released September 6th. Over eight hours of bonus features are promised, including deleted scenes, featurettes, cast auditions, and audio commentary.

We got an opportunity to see a couple of the features during the panel, and they should please fans of the show. "Genesis of Lost" talks about how the series came together. Damon Lindelof and J.J. Abrams spend the lion's share of the time on camera revealing the near-magical way everything came together. Fast-tracked by ABC, the show was picked up on an outline alone, and the pilot was written in five days. This feature discusses the extraordinary circumstances surrounding the show's genesis.

The second feature, "Welcome to Oahu," showcases and explains the special effects used in the pilot's dramatic crash sequence. Unlike many other FX making-of sequences, this one talks as much to the actors involved as it does to those responsible for the effects. The result is a funny, intriguing look at one of the most amazing sequences of the first season.

Two deleted scenes were also shown at the panel. The first takes place between Sawyer (Josh Holloway) and Charlie (Dominic Monaghan) on the beach. Sawyer is smoking next to the plane and Charlie comments that it's dangerous. When Sawyer refuses, Charlie then asks for a smoke, and walks away once he gets it.

In the second scene, Sawyer and Kate are watching Locke, Jack and Sayid talking island politics. They compare the proceedings to C-SPAN and Sawyer asks why Kate isn't over. She responds, "I don't like C-SPAN."

The producers seem quite happy with the DVDs and extras offered. In addition to the features already discussed, tons of cast audition footage (pretty much the only cast member who didn't audition was Terry O'Quinn), and many hours of commentary. We'll bring you more details as we discover them.

-- Chris Carle

Confidence Man was on tonight. I might be seeing something that isn't there, but during the last flashback scene, it seems like Sawyer's eyes are more blue than usual. It could be an extra, subtle visual cue that he was seeing himself in the young son of the couple he was about to con. (The kid's eyes were also blue.)

*SPOILERS FOR SEASON 2 AHOY!~*

Most of the Lost boards are abuzz at the moment regarding the news of a new castmember being added to Season 2.

"Lost" Finds New Mystery Man

"Is he a survivor or an Other?

The Lost legions are taking to the message boards to weigh in on the latest addition to ABC's hit supernatural sci-fi soap opera.

The network has announced that Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, a British actor whose Stateside credits include HBO's Oz and the hit films The Mummy Returns and The Bourne Identity, will be playing the role of Emeka, cryptically described as a "mysterious man" who turns up on the island."

Stolen from DVDVR.

Fucking Adebesi, bitches~!

Even if the guy sucked as an actor, it sounds cool just to be able to make an announcement saying "Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje has joined our cast"...

Sign in to follow this