TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

"Sawyer" isn't Sawyer's real name. Original Sawyer ("OS") had an affair w/ Island Sawyer's ("IS") mother, and stole all of IS's father's money. IS's father found out about it, and ended up killing IS's mother, as well as himself. IS took the name Sawyer in his effort to track down the original Sawyer.

Episode 8 - "Confidence Man".

"Do you think you're the first person I've conned?"

That caught my ear big time.

I thought the line was:

"Do you think you're the first person who's been conned?'

BTW, here are previews for the next two episodes.

2.05: ... and found (Jin and Sun III)

Michael heads into the jungle to look for Walt, but discovers that he is not alone; Sawyer and Jin are ordered by their captors to take them to their camp; Sun searches frantically for her missing wedding ring.

Source: TV Guide Online

will be a Jin-centric episode, where we will be introduced to his general manager at the Grand Seoul Hotel, Mr. Kim, his beatnik best friend and one-time roomie, Tai Soo, and Jae Lee, an adversary of Jin's who has everything he does not, including a good education, charm and wealth.

Source: FilmJerk.com

2.06: Abandoned (Shannon)

Sawyer’s wound becomes life-threatening as he, Michael and Jin make their way through the interior of the island with the tail section survivors. Meanwhile, Shannon is once again haunted by visions of Walt, and Charlie becomes jealous of Locke’s interest in Claire.

Ian Somerhalder will be back as Boone in the flashback.

I agree. We don't need everyone to be connected to everyone else. Heck, we don't even need every single character to have a connection to someone on the island. If you do that, you are walking a very fine line of very stinky cheese in my opinion.

But that's an integral part of the show. It suggests something bringing them together - be it fate, or something more conscious. Or it could be one big fucking coincidence. The show balancing the supernatural with the real and letting you decide on your own (until otherwise stated), as best shown with the Hatch, is very important.

Chipmunks.

Marvelous.

Watched last weeks ep again tonight. Awesome. Ending had me smiling through the misty-eyes, that has to be by far the best feel-good ending in.......like, maybe ever. Yeah.

I agree. We don't need everyone to be connected to everyone else. Heck, we don't even need every single character to have a connection to someone on the island. If you do that, you are walking a very fine line of very stinky cheese in my opinion.

They had a polar bear on a tropical island, they hit the cheese a LONG time ago.

But I still love the show.

I didn't think that was cheesy as much as I thought it was fucked up, and got me asking questions. They have sorta answered just why the hell that happened, and I accept it so far.

And yes, the last episode was one of my favorites of either of the two seasons. I love the crazy episodes as much as the next guy, but I really like the emotional episodes as well.

I think my overall favorite moment of the entire series so far would be when they reveled that Locke was paralyzed at one time, and when he got to the island he could walk again. That was one of the most perfect moments in television history.

And I think it's fine for some of these people to have some sort of connection with one another, but it's just not needed for every single character. If they try to do it with everyone, it's just going to get to the point that it's just way too "out there". To me, so far, this show has ben built up and presented in a way where most everything is believable. I've enjoyed the explanations to many of the questions we had before, and I hope that continues.

After the first season, I was worried, just as may others were, that we were dealing with purgatory, a Jurassic Park setup, and all kinds of other things. I'm very happy to see almost all of those sorts of things dismissed.

And if they did decide to go off the really deep end, I'd forgive them I guess, but only as long as they kept the realism of the character interaction. That's the true heart of this entire show anyway, and what matters most to me.

They had a polar bear on a tropical island, they hit the cheese a LONG time ago.

But I still love the show.

The polar bear's can be easily explained by animal experimentation/research. Lots of scientists on the island, apparently. It's not much of a stretch of the imagination that they might have brought some animals with them (Danielle's team) or that the Dharma people have them there for whatever reason (they had a shark with a branded logo on it for crying out loud). :P

I think the one thing that STILL needs to be explained is the black cloud o' doom.

Guest Fishyswa

Yeah for a while there we went from "what the hell is it" to "it's a security system" to "it must be desmonds security system".

But we now know the computer is for something else, and if it's a psych experiment, it's easy to assume all that extra electronical equipment down there is just bells and whistles. That makes it easy to believe that Desmond has nothing to do with the "security system".

They really should have explained that by now if it wasn't something out there.

Agreed. I mean, the thing was knocking down trees for crying out loud. It's either one crazy black fog encased wild boar.. or I don't know what. :lol:

I would actually like someone to explain what happened on The X-Files. There was a point a few summers ago (98 or 99) where I watched a fair amount of it through reruns/syndication on SPACE, and was interested in the storyline. I lost track of it, though, and the scatted bits and pieces I have seen in the later-seasons doesn't make any sense to me at all.

I think at the end an alien invasion is about to happen so Mulder and Scully hug each other and prepare for the worst.

Could be wrong, since I saw it ages ago.

So, Walt's saying

'Don't push the button'

to Shannon, right?

The execute button, I'm guessing. So, she'll probably try and stop them and probably end up dead. Jack should do it. My brother said he read that on some message board and it makes sense to me.

So, Walt's saying

'Don't push the button'

to Shannon, right?

The execute button, I'm guessing.  So, she'll probably try and stop them and probably end up dead.  Jack should do it.  My brother said he read that on some message board and it makes sense to me.

Since it's already happened, I'm not going to bother with the spoilers ... but I think that there is some disagreement about what Walt says. Some places online have it as "Don't push the button. The button's bad." Others have it as "Push the button. No button's bad."

I think the former is accurate, but with this show you never know.

Guest Miss Indy Queen
So, Walt's saying

'Don't push the button'

to Shannon, right?

The execute button, I'm guessing.  So, she'll probably try and stop them and probably end up dead.  Jack should do it.  My brother said he read that on some message board and it makes sense to me.

Spoiler alert:

Well EOnline and TvGuide both said the next death will be a female and it will be one of the female regulars so choices are Kate, Ana Lucia, Shannon, Claire or Sun. Also the person that does the killing is a female as well!

I think it's Shannon due to the rumours of it being contractual and everybody saying that her and JJ had a blow-up after she was cast in X3. But this is the internet we're talking about here.

Sign in to follow this