TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
RavishingRickRudo

LOST

I should have listened to you guys sooner. A friend showed me the first 4 episodes of the series over the summer, and now I'm hooked. I bought the first 2 seasons on DVD and have watched them repeatedly, and I've of course seen all 6 season 3 episodes. I even have some of the books and the Todd McFarlane figurines. This has been the first non-wrestling show I have watched regularly in 5 years or so. It's fucking fantastic.

Clearly you're taking it too far, Matt.

First none wrestling show you've watched in five years?? Wow, there are tons of shows you need to watch.

I watched an episode or two of quite a few different shows (Point Pleasant comes to mind, since I know you were into that) but I never managed to keep up week after week. But I've really getting into Heroes now, and since seeing Superman Returns, I have discovered that Smallville is indeed the shit.

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/article/urn:newsm...Tw6kVYlxJ.Zo9EF

Emilie de Ravin's marriage appears to be a lost cause.

The actor and her husband, Josh Janowicz, have separated after six months of marriage, her publicist confirmed to E! News. No word on what led to the breakup.

De Ravin, who plays single mother Claire Littleton on ABC's Lost, wed Janowicz at an intimate ceremony in her native Australia on June 19. None of her costars were believed to have been in attendance.

The couple, both 25, met in Los Angeles in 2000, and dated for several years before getting engaged on Jan. 1, 2005.

"I never thought I would meet anyone in L.A.—it's such a crazy place that you don't think of it the way you think of, say, Paris, the city of love," de Ravin told In Style Weddings last summer.

Unlike the majority of her Lost cast mates, de Ravin never relocated to Hawaii where the show is filmed, preferring to continue living in Los Angeles with Janowicz and commute to the Oahu set.

"Our life together always comes before work," she explained to In Style Weddings in happier days. "You can't buy love or family."

In addition to her role in ABC's hit island drama, de Ravin recently starred in the horror film The Hills Have Eyes

Prior to landing Lost, she starred in the WB's Roswell from 2000 to 2002 and the science fiction series BeastMaster from 1999 to 2000.

De Ravin will return to the small screen on Feb. 7, when the third season of Lost (finally) resumes after a lengthy hiatus.

Janowicz's credits include Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle, in which he played the "hot priest," and a recent appearance on an episode of Cold Case.

Guest Vitamin X

Shame this has fallen off the radar.

And now, we may be seeing the end of the show?

From E! News - http://www.eonline.com/news/article/index....ba-453c9a4c0418

LOST Plans Endgame

There are plans afoot to permanently shut the hatch on Lost.

Producers of ABC's hugely successful sci-fi thriller serial announced Sunday that they had begun talks with the network on how much longer to keep the Oceanic Flight 815 castaways stuck on Mystery Island.

Speaking during a panel session at the Television Critics Association in Pasadena, show runners Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof admitted that they were upset by dwindling ratings (while still a hit show, viewership is down by 14 percent so far this third season), fielded the usual questions about the Others, the Numbers, the Losties and the show's other unsolved puzzles, and then dropped the bombshell: They were discussing with their network bosses a timeline to wrap up those loose ends.

But the exact end date remains as mysterious as the smoke monster.

"Once we figure out when that will be, a lot of the questions will go away," said Cuse, adding that he didn't want Lost to burn viewers' goodwill and fail to adequately resolve the storylines, à la The X-Files.

"That was a great show that probably ran two seasons too long," Cuse said. "That is a cautionary tale for us."

Cuse and Lindeloff said that setting a specific timeline seemed to work well for sustaining interest in such serial fiction as the Harry Potter series. (However, the Lost brain trust did point out that J.K. Rowling had storyboarded the seven-book concept from the outset, whereas Lost, cocreated by JJ Abrams, like most network drama, was designed to run as long as it still pulled in the viewers and the top advertising dollars.)

While Cuse said it would be "disrespectful" right now to announce when and how the show might end, Lindelof said he initially conceived it to run about 100 episodes, or about five season, but now "the most honest answer we can give [is]as long as it's good."

Lindelof then waxed philosophical about the meaning of Lost:

"This show is about people who are metaphorically lost in their lives, who get on an airplane and crash on an island and become physically lost on the planet Earth. And once they are able to metaphorically find themselves again, they will be able to physically find themselves in the world again. When you look at the entire show, that's what it's always been about."

Well that clears things up.

Meanwhile, ABC Entertainment president Steve McPherson, who has criticized this season's six-episode prologue as focusing too much on the Others, Jack, Kate and Sawyer at the expense of the other characters, told reporters he had not had any specific discussions with the producers about ending the show.

What we do know is that when Lost returns Feb. 7, after its long midseason hiatus, the 16 new episodes will air uninterrupted through May to mollify those who complained about reruns making it even harder to follow the plot. Lost will also be airing later Wednesdays, at 10 p.m., where it will no longer have to face off against Fox's American Idol.

As for the fourth season, the plan is to run all 22 episodes consecutively, in the style of Fox's 24.

Lindelof said they want their fans back but fretted, "If we write towards getting them back, we may alienate the audience we already have."

Sounds like he's still got plenty of questions of his own to work out.

At least we finally find out that they had no idea where the show was going (and with the third Tailie--Eko--dead, it was pretty obvious that they had no idea). In discussing the end of the series, they should use this as an opportunity to figure where they are going and what's going on. Maybe with an actual plan they can get their act together and make the show great again.

I'm rewatching season 2 on DVD the past few weeks, and it's not nearly as bad as we all made it out to be back then. I'm about halfway through it, and the only dud episode was Shannons flashback so far.

I'm so uninterested with this show right now. It was fun, but there's so much better TV, it's going to have to start getting good again

Ditto. I forgot that it was even coming back soon this year.

Yeah because this has so much to do with the show.

It has to do with one of the actresses on the show and thus, it does belong here.

No, not really.

It has to do with one of the actresses on the show and thus, it does belong here.

No, not really.

As usual, you're still wrong.

I'm sad to see what's going on with Lost in terms of ratings and such.

I'm loving this third season up until now and it certainly held my attention during the fall run just as well as it ever had. Hopefully people will come back around but they've still got me hooked.

No, not really.

As usual, you're still wrong.

It's a comment that doesn't concern or effect the show, dumbass. Should I be posting Hills Have Eyes related content in here? Or maybe Party of Five episode reviews? NO. Just accept the fact that you're wrong and move on.

Why did you even come back?

Did anybody see the trailer for Lost during the Suns-Cavs game today, two things look apparent, maybe its already been shown

"Juliet" seems to be a sneaky bitch, as in one clip she is telling Jack she'll help his friends escape and in another tells the Others not to let Jack go, and that Cindy (The 815 stewardess abducted by the Others in Season 2 is seen talking to Jack in a clip

Apparently, in the hour preceding Wednesday's episode, this will air:

"The Lost Survival Guide

Wednesday, February 7 at 9/8c

Hosts Damon Lindelof and Carlton Cuse, the executive producers of LOST, will provide an insightful glimpse into the lives of some of the survivors of the doomed Oceanic Airlines flight 815."

Also, on Friday at 8 A.M. EST, www.abc.com/lost will have a video up previewing the events of the remainder of season 3.

He was also in an episode in season 2 or 3. And in the X-Files movie (officer that gets blown up in the beginning). Played a different character each time. I guess they could explain that he survived the bomb because he was a super soldier alien, but that'd be reaching, even for the X-Files

Sign in to follow this