TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Blatant Stealing from the WWE Folder

Guest MikeSC
Rebuttal:

Squash matches only work at getting talent over to a certain extent. Once said talent is forced to work against talent as over, or more so, than he is? The squash matches do nothing but hurt both workers involved, as the squasher is exposed as just a talentless hoss, and the squashee is booked as a complete loser despite past win/loss records.

Statement:

If TNA is to succeed with monthly PPVs, Impact will need another hour, a better timeslot, and more attention must be drawn to the characters of the wrestlers.

Rebuttal --- They don't have the talent to make it work. They just don't. They pissed away a lot of guys' heat (Red, Sabin, D-Lo, Daniels, etc.) and haven't even made cursory attempts to reclaim them. Challengers for JJ get buried soon after they do the inevitable job.

Statement: TNA will NEVER succeed with JJ attached to the product.

-=Mike

Guest Heppyhack

Rebuttal: There are different degrees of success. If you're talking about being a WCW-esque rival to WWE, then no, they won't. If you're talking about being an interesting alternative product with a national TV timeslot and a higher profile than the rest of their rivals, then yes, they will. Perhaps TNA will never fulfil its full potential, but its still in a far better position than the rest.

Statement: The sports-show style graphics, clock and presentation of Impact! are the best way of legitimising wrestling for newcomers to the show.

Statement: NWA:TNA should stop trying to hold out for a Pay Per View deal in the U.K, as they are currently, at least until they start touring the country (if that ever happens)...because the coverage here is 6 months out of date, which isn't a positive situation.

Statement: Ultimate X is the worst new gimmick match from the past 5 years.

-=Mike

I think it has a lot of potential. The renditions they've held so far haven't necessarily been mind-blowing, partly because of the talent they throw in there almost every time (Shane & Kazarian), partly because they only get about 12 minutes apiece, if I'm remembering correctly. Then there's the faulty gimmick (#1), the gimmick being overlooked for a ladder (#2), the somewhat underwhelming finale to a disappointing show (#3), and a terrible, terrible ending (#4).

Guest Coffey

Statement: TNAW needs a new "middle" belt so guys like Sonny Siaki have something to aim for...as opposed to the tag titles, X-title & Heavyweight title.

Guest Joe_G
Statement: TNAW needs a new "middle" belt so guys like Sonny Siaki have something to aim for...as opposed to the tag titles, X-title & Heavyweight title.

Rebuttal: Three belts (Heavyweight, X, and tag) are plenty. Adding another singles titles devalues the other two, and if you create another belt for midcarders, the fans won't care about it.

Statement: TNA should concentrate their efforts on creating a thriving heavyweight division, and the use the X division more in the opening/middle portions of the card with the occasional main event. Heavyweights in wrestling (and boxing) are what draw in attendance and ratings, and juniors, both in the US and Japan, have no real history of drawing money.

Guest The Last Free Voice

Rebuttal: Don't totally agree. They should try to build the main event, but not at the expense of hte X Division, which is one of their main selling points (in theory). Plus, they seemingly don't know how to book the heavyweight division, so pushing it over the X guys and having it bomb would just hurt the company more.

Statement: Christopher Daniels deserves a shot at the Heavyweight division.

Statement: Christopher Daniels deserves a shot at the Heavyweight division.

Rebuttal: He at least deserves a shot in a singles division, be it X or heavyweight. The tag team stuff with Elix Skipper was a good introduction, but he's too talented to be a tag teamer his whole TNA career.

Statement: Pushing Jeff Hardy to world title matches as if he's the second coming of The Rock is a mistake since his last national exposure was as a brother tag team and a mid-card single.

Jason

Rebuttal: He may suck, but for some reason I can't comprehend, he has fans. Particularly female fans. He'll get heat for the match, which would be it's only redeeming factor. Do I want to see him pushed, HELL NO, but I can see why they're doing it.

Statement: AMW is the top tag team in TNA.

Guest Staravenger
Statement: AMW is the top tag team in TNA.

Try and be a LITTLE more original. AMW has been TNA's top tag team whether we liked it or not.

uh, k

STATEMENT: TNA needs to establish house shows to survive.

STATEMENT: TNA needs to establish house shows to survive.

Rebuttal: TNA isn't even getting full audiences for their TV tapings. They still aren't established enough to draw a large enough audience to turn a profit.

STAATEMENT: TNA needs to get their DVDs sold through regular DVD outlets (Amazon.com, Best Buy, etc.).

Guest Staravenger

Statement: TNA should try and bring Hogan in again. Just give him 51% ownership so he can shut up about starting a new company that he'll own.

Statement: The sports-show style graphics, clock and presentation of Impact! are the best way of legitimising wrestling for newcomers to the show.

Rebuttal:

I'd have to agree. I like the overall look of the show a whole lot. Definitely makes it feel like it's a REAL sport, you know? It's just the matches I have problems with.

Statement: NWA:TNA should stop trying to hold out for a Pay Per View deal in the U.K, as they are currently, at least until they start touring the country (if that ever happens)...because the coverage here is 6 months out of date, which isn't a positive situation.

Rebuttal:

Definitely. They should first try to, I don't know, BUILD A FANBASE IN AMERICA.

Statement: TNA should try and bring Hogan in again. Just give him 51% ownership so he can shut up about starting a new company that he'll own.

Rebuttal:

No. Terrible idea. Hogan tanked WCW. Hogan tanked the XWF. Hogan would tank TNA, as they do not have as strong a brand recognition as WWE does, nor the monetary assets that the McMahon family does. He would add practically nothing to the product whatsoever, and would hold down the younger, better, more deserving talent (Kid Kash, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Ron Killings, Abyss, etc.) indefinitely.

Statement:

TNA needs to lay off the gimmick matches (Ultimate X, Six Sides of Steel, King of the Mountain, etc.) and establish their talent through regular matches first. Once feuds are ready for a big blowoff, pull out the gimmick matches.

Guest MikeSC

Statement: At their present situation --- there is nobody too risky to take a chance on as World Champ.

-=Mike

Guest Staravenger

Statement: TNA should stop bringing in EVERYONE WWE fires. Raven, D'lo and to an extent Ron Killings all got a better chance than in WWE, but people like Jamal/Ekmo, the Late Crash Holly/Mad Mikey, and Jeff Hardy are a few examples of people TNA has hired (That I can remember) who really aren't/weren't needed.

Of course some people will say Hardy isn't too bad of a person to hire, but despite is loss of desire and he pretty much leap frogged EVERYONE in the company, and I can't agree on it. Plus he's a career midcarder that's being built up like he should be the World Champion of a promotion.

Guest MikeSC

Rebuttal: They need to fire whomever dubbed Jeff "The Charismatic Enigma". Lamer name has NEVER been created.

-=Mike

Rebuttal: They need to fire whomever dubbed Jeff "The Charismatic Enigma". Lamer name has NEVER been created.

-=Mike

"Charismatic Enigma" is a better sounding name than "Baby Bear"(Alex Shelley).

EDIT----------

Statement: TNA needs to make their product a little more riskier in order to gain a little more attention. Whatever happened to the good ol' days of somebody coming out and saying how they were going to kick their opponent's ASS(not "BUTT")at the PPV? I'm not saying they need to pull out pregnacy angles or anything like WWE is doing but they need to "unpussify" their product to a small extent.

Edited by Da Maintenance Man

Guest Staravenger

They dropped language because it would hurt them when it came time for discussing possible television deals. Executives see someone saying shit three times a minute and don't think too kindly of the promotion.

Guest Donners
Statement: TNA should stop bringing in EVERYONE WWE fires. Raven, D'lo and to an extent Ron Killings all got a better chance than in WWE, but people like Jamal/Ekmo, the Late Crash Holly/Mad Mikey, and Jeff Hardy are a few examples of people TNA has hired (That I can remember) who really aren't/weren't needed.

Rebuttal: We have not seen Nash, Terri, Miller, Kanyon, O'Haire, Sable, Rikishi or Sakoda, so that's hardly "everyone". Mikey was a fun character who never really got a chance. Jeff is a name with the casual fans, and there aren't many of those around. Not going to even try to defend that fat guy.

Guest Staravenger

Nash is too expensive probably and no one likes him.

Sable just left.

Sakoda was having back problems (probably injured) and has no name recognition despite being on SD For 6 months.

Kanyon is retired I thought

O'Haire has been working Japan a lot in between hitting women in bars.

Rikishi is the only one I forgot, but he would add nothing to TNA. Does WWE own the gimmick of Rikishi?

Guest Donners

Kanyon's got a match against DDP coming up, and contacted TNA before leaving WWE.

Guest Staravenger

That reminds me! TNA should try getting DDP in. Sure he's old and probably gonna retire again, but he has some name value.

Guest Ronnie755

A lot of these former stars don't seem to have interest in TNA even though TNA reportedly wanted them/.

Nash: I heard they actually did have talks with him regarding an Outsiders reunion. Money may have been an issue. Also, it was said that Nash wasn't that interested because he thought they looked too minor league. I'll bet they'll try to get him again once they start their 3 hour PPV's.

Terri: They wanted her, but she wasn't interested

Sean O'Haire: They wanted him, but he would rather try a career in MMA.

Kanyon: They also wanted him, but it looks like he would prefer to retire and explore other interests.

The Cat: Says promoters have called him, but he's focusing on his karate school. I bet he eventually shows up cause he's friends with a lot of people there.

Rikishi: They wanted him, but he's not interested.

Sakoda: Who knows? Probably has that 90 day thing to wait out.

Sable: I bet they will try to bring her in at some point. She probably has to wait for a few months as well.

Guest Donners

Again, Kanyon said he contacted TNA before even leaving WWE. He was certainly interested.

-=Mike

Rebuttal: None. This is the absolute truth. The product would improve by leaps and bounds if Jeff were just taken off TV so that everyone else on the card can thrive. The product would improve even MORE if he stopped booking the shows and writing the storylines and left that to someone a bit more competent. The way Jeff dominates TNA has just gotten disgusting. Its WCW all over again (yeah, I said it), and Jeff Jarrett = Hogan.

Statement: TNA can become a legit competitor to WWE with guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Ron Killings carrying the company.

Statement: TNA can become a legit competitor to WWE with guys like AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Ron Killings carrying the company.

Rebuttal: False. TNA cannot become a legit "competitor" along the lines of WCW to WWE under any circumstances. Could someone else, with lots of money, a great writing/booking staff and a great production team compete with those guys at the top of the card? I do believe that, but not TNA. They just don't have the resources.

Statement: Monty Brown will win the NWA title before the end of the year.

Jason

I agree that Monty will do one of two things: 1) He'll win the NWA title by the end of the year, as TNA seems serious about pushing him as a main eventer. 2) He's just the latest guy to be built up just to put over Jeff Jarrett.

As for the disagreement, I think TNA could do it if they had all the things you just mentioned. Its not that TNA isn't capable of doing it, they just won't allow themselves to, be it politics, egos, or sheer incompetency.

Guest Staravenger
Jeff Jarrett = Hogan.

Ha! Hogan never owned a company to put himself over everyone...he just took advantage of whoever was in charge. At least Hogan jobbed by CO/DQ occasionally. Jarrett's Singles record is like 98-1.

Other than that, Hogan smokes Jarrett in every category. Being able to draw, cut a promo, have a better style than old school memphis brawling.

Jarrett can't even sell out an arena that seats 1,500 people. Thats really horrible.

Jeff Jarrett = Hogan.

Ha! Hogan never owned a company to put himself over everyone...he just took advantage of whoever was in charge. At least Hogan jobbed by CO/DQ occasionally. Jarrett's Singles record is like 98-1.

Other than that, Hogan smokes Jarrett in every category. Being able to draw, cut a promo, have a better style than old school memphis brawling.

Jarrett can't even sell out an arena that seats 1,500 people. Thats really horrible.

Well, we are talking about a guy who wishes he was Jerry Freakin' Lawler circa 1970's. THAT is pathetic.