TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
MrRant

Schwarzenegger to Veto Illegal Immigrant Licenses

On the illegal immigrant issue.   Look at Quebec.  Now look at California.  Mexifornia coming to you by 2030?

Lord willing, the entire state will have fallen into the ocean by then.

Yeah sure, because you are surely on the front lines protesting grocery stores that sell produce picked and processed by the sweat of illegal immigrants. ;)

I'm all about growing your own.

GO ORGANIC, BITCHES.

well ok, that is a good idea actually for everyone, if it was possible. However, most people in america if telling the truth would side with lower prices rather then deportation of illegals. They may say different with a camera stuck in their face, but behind closed doors it is all about the lower prices. Plus like I have said before if our government really wanted to do something about this they could, however I am sure they are taking some "don't make us pay american workers minimum wage wages" cash in order to allow them to use illegal immigrants and keep their wages off the records.

I do agree that our illegal immigrant situation is starting to get a bit out of control, but to just side with 100% deportation is like sticking a bandaid over a gunshot wound and is just simply ignoring the contributions that immigrants both legal and illegal make to american society.

Guest Olympic Slam

Here's how you phrase the question to the average American dope:

"Would you rather have lower prices on your vegetable OR would you rather import immigrants who will make Spanish become the secondary language, raise your taxes because of increased social services, cause the country to become FURTHER divided along racial and ethnic socioeconomic statuses, force hospitals out of business, contribute to an already less than educated population, force wages down by undermining minimum wage laws, lower American nationalism, and create more crime?"

Chances are they'll think that the 48 cents they saved on a tomato doesn't sound as swell as it did before. It drives me CRAZY that the far lef who rails on and on and on about eroding the soverignty of nations, free trade, dwindling wages, corporate greed, offshoring and outsouring are so damn quick to take the side of the illegal immigrants when it falls right into line with their thinking. This shows me that these people are total frauds and care about none of the above, just for the victim and always the victim no matter the situation or reason. They're no better than the corporate shit bags that only care about the bottom line$.

"Would you rather have lower prices on your vegetable OR would you rather import immigrants who will make Spanish become the secondary language, raise your taxes because of increased social services, cause the country to become FURTHER divided along racial and ethnic socioeconomic statuses, force hospitals out of business, contribute to an already less than educated population, force wages down by undermining minimum wage laws, lower American nationalism, and create more crime?"

Many (but not all) of those things happen in legal immigration. Just less often. Usually legalized immigrants tend to have better educations and a better economic situation, but I don't think they're going to speak Spanish less. Remember what primary language means in the first place.

It drives me CRAZY that the far lef who rails on and on and on about eroding the soverignty of nations, free trade, dwindling wages, corporate greed, offshoring and outsouring are so damn quick to take the side of the illegal immigrants when it falls right into line with their thinking.

You and me both.

Here's how you phrase the question to the average American dope:

Chances are they'll think that the 48 cents they saved on a tomato doesn't sound as swell as it did before. It drives me CRAZY that the far lef who rails on and on and on about eroding the soverignty of nations, free trade, dwindling wages, corporate greed, offshoring and outsouring are so damn quick to take the side of the illegal immigrants when it falls right into line with their thinking. This shows me that these people are total frauds and care about none of the above, just for the victim and always the victim no matter the situation or reason. They're no better than the corporate shit bags that only care about the bottom line$.

I never said I was siding with the illegal immigrants. I am just posing a question. I have said time and time again on this board that I think illegal immigration is getting a bit out of control, however at the same time it is much more complex issue then the typical right-wing "round em up, and toss em over the fence" solution that is often the best insight we get from conservatives. All I am saying is that is a complex issue with a LOT of implications tied in, both positive and negative.

I find it funny Arnold is going to tout the oppurtunities he had as an immigrant during his speech tonight, when he is also looking to raise college tuition by 50% according to his budget. Arnold had so much fluff during the recall, yet he turned out to be just another "I got mine, the rest of you can go fuck yourselves" republican. And just what was he doing meeting with Ken Lay during the rolling blackouts a couple of years ago......

"I don't recall" says Arnold........that is the typical, "oops I'm caught" answer.