TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wildpegasus

Lyger

Guest TigerDriver91

Also...

It's Rey Misterio Jr, but WCW and WWE spell it Mysterio instead.

I always thought it was Misterio too, because the Y doesn't appear in Spanish that way too often, but I just take what I see first and run with it. I still call Chavo "Chavo Junior," even though WWE apparently discourages second-generation references that don't include WWE.

Guest wildpegasus
Let's see - no brainbuster, no shooting star, no Liger Bomb (thank you D'lo Brown), I have a hard time believing that he'll get over with shotei's and rolling kicks.

::drools from ass::

Wasn't there in beer on the ring mat or something? I don't think we should be too hasty in blaming D'lO Brown or anyone else. Things happen and there could've been a number of factors that night that caused Droz's unfortunate accident

Isn't it Liger and not "Lyger?" Or is that just the Americanized spelling?

I always thought it was "Jushin Thunder Liger" with an I, but this is WWE, and Russo's legacy lives on in Tazz, Rhyno, and the Dudley Boyz. I wouldn't rule out just becoming "Lyger," as (Yoshihiro) Tajiri, (Sho) Funaki, and Rey Mysterio (Jr.) can attest to.

Taz and Rhino I beleive had to have their names changed due to copyright infringment / or just copright laws.

And as for Sho Funaki and Yoshiriho Tajiri, every now and again they still mention their first names.

Its easier for American fans to relate to just Funaki and Tajiri, then two Japanese names per wrestler. Thus the change.

Guest TigerDriver91
Lyger has been around FOREVER seemingly. How old is this guy these days? Can he still go?

He is still puts on great matches and that's a fact.

Guest TigerDriver91
Thank you, and now from someone who can justify their point?

Oh excuse me, but I honestly don't give a shit about you to reply at length.

I haven't heard Liger can do SHIT since...oh, 1997. Prove us wrong, give us "American idiots" some match dates?

And don't give us any "Muta" or "Chono" crap or "Liger wrestles the STIFFFFFFFFFFFFF STYLE JUST LIKE THEM comments...they haven't done shit on American soil since the early 1990's. That's where it COUNTS.

Guest Dynamite Kido

I'll take this one. Liger's work is definately nowhere near where it once was, but he has really been doing well lately. He just had a recent GHC Jr. Heavyweight title reign that actually just ended on 7/10/04. He has been putting on the best matches he has in years and has been doing well as of late, but it's pretty much looked at as if Liger doesn't have many years left........and I really doubt this would ever mean that they are bringing him in as I really doubt the fact they would match his asking price as he probably WOULD make more in Japan. Also, I don't really know if working in the US is something that he would wanna do anyway.

I'd just like to point out that a WWE brainbuster is a vertical suplex where we are told it's a brainbuster. If you want to see a brainbuster, see 'Dr Death' Steve Williams from circa 91 WCW. THAT'S a brainbuster.

Guest krazykat72
Lyger has been around FOREVER seemingly. How old is this guy these days? Can he still go?

I haven't seen a Jushin Lyger match in years.

UYI

yes. he's still awesome. the NOAH dome show match was really good. The 7/16/03 tag vs. Kenta & Marufuji was awesome too. Get some tapes, you won't be disappointed.

-Paul Jacobi-

Guest krazykat72
I haven't heard Liger can do SHIT since...oh, 1997. Prove us wrong, give us "American idiots" some match dates?

And don't give us any "Muta" or "Chono" crap or "Liger wrestles the STIFFFFFFFFFFFFF STYLE JUST LIKE THEM comments...they haven't done shit on American soil since the early 1990's. That's where it COUNTS.

if this is satire, it's not bad.....

-Paul Jacobi-

I haven't heard Liger can do SHIT since...oh, 1997.  Prove us wrong, give us "American idiots" some match dates?

And don't give us any "Muta" or "Chono" crap or "Liger wrestles the STIFFFFFFFFFFFFF STYLE JUST LIKE THEM comments...they haven't done shit on American soil since the early 1990's.  That's where it COUNTS.

if this is satire, it's not bad.....

-Paul Jacobi-

What are you talking about? This is the WWE folder, satire is always bad.

Oh excuse me, but I honestly don't give a shit about you to reply at length.

So why bother to post if you're not going to attempt to even remotely back up your points?

Guest WelshDragon

Am I the only one that's bothered checking this guys 'source'? There is no Liger/WWE story.

I'd just like to point out that a WWE brainbuster is a vertical suplex where we are told it's a brainbuster. If you want to see a brainbuster, see 'Dr Death' Steve Williams from circa 91 WCW. THAT'S a brainbuster.

Amen.

I tried.

Liger in WWE? Let's see it before we celebrate/bash it. Ultimo came in. Yes, his "push" was handled terribly, but he just didn't mesh with the product, and I wasn't terribly impressed with his ringwork.

Maybe they'll push Liger heavily in the cruiser division if he were to come in for a month or so, couldn't hurt.

Liger losing to "the boss Spike" though? Vomit.

How can you say you wasn't impressed with his ring work? How could you even have an impression of his ring work? He worked, like, 4 matches on SD. And they were all about 4 minutes long. Kinda hard to judge someone on that, don't ya think?

Dark Age, here's the thing...

In WCW, Dragon had a great moveset and great transitions in his matches.

In WWE, Dragon did the moves he used to, but it just seemed spotty and a slow exhibition.

I was a HUGE Dragon mark in the 90's, I just didn't like what I saw when he actually was given a chance in WWE. The guy tripped on the way to the ring at Mania. He worked slow. That "Asai DDT" sucked, was contrived and totally unrealistic, nor fitting of his style.

Maybe it was "working WWE style", but I didn't like Dragon's ring work in WWE.

Thing is if you weren't impressed with Ultimo chances are Liger won't do much impressing either. He isnt about flashy flying dynamics nor will WWE let him be a stiff junior heavyweight so his forced timid style will be the reason for the failure. Unless they'll push him like they pushed Rey in 2002 working matches with Benoit, Angle and Eddie there is nothing positive in this.

If they wan't the fans to go "holy shit" then they should get Naomichi Marifuji, Ricky Marvin or Kotaru Suzuki from NOAH.

Dark Age, here's the thing...

In WCW, Dragon had a great moveset and great transitions in his matches.

In WWE, Dragon did the moves he used to, but it just seemed spotty and a slow exhibition.

I was a HUGE Dragon mark in the 90's, I just didn't like what I saw when he actually was given a chance in WWE. The guy tripped on the way to the ring at Mania. He worked slow. That "Asai DDT" sucked, was contrived and totally unrealistic, nor fitting of his style.

Maybe it was "working WWE style", but I didn't like Dragon's ring work in WWE.

Fair enough man. Point taken.

I don't know much about this Lyger guy, but he sounds exactly like the kind of guy WWE would have A-train squash frequently in order to build him up for his next feud with the Undertaker.

Ohh...the fact that you don't know him makes me want to cry.

Guest Trivia247

the novelity of Liger being in the WWE is cool..... But no one who is a fan of his work would want him to be Limited and bastardized for the sake of WWE feelings on actual good wrestling (Hence limiting Ultimo to being nothing more but a Masked Tajiri) I wonder if Great Sasuke got this treatment when he was in the WWF for a time.