TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
haVoc

The OAO Raw Thread for 08/30/04

Guest Black Lightning
Meh..the thing I just realized (Yea I'm slow) Even if he had given him the title...Orton would still be the champ...

Not if it were a forfeit.

Who the hell was Marcin Makulski?

Stamford man dies in parkway crash

By Joy L. Woodson

Staff Writer

August 17, 2004

STAMFORD -- Funeral services will be held tomorrow for a city man who died early Friday in a motorcycle crash on the Merritt Parkway.

Marcin Makulski, 31, was thrown from his motorcycle west of Exit 33 in Stamford and was pronounced dead at the scene at about 1:45 a.m., according to state police.

"The vehicle veered to the right while negotiating a turn in the roadway and subsequently impacted with several wooden wire rope guideposts," Trooper Donna Tadiello said.

Makulski, an only child, was remembered by his friends and family as a talented artist and devoted friend.

"We were very close. He was my dream baby and I loved him," said Makulski's mother, Luiza Titera.

Makulski emigrated from Warsaw, Poland, in 1985. He settled in Brooklyn, N.Y., with his mother, who had immigrated to the United States five years earlier.

He attended Archbishop Molloy High School in Queens, N.Y., and Westhill High School in Stamford after moving here in 1990, according to his family.

Makulski received his general equivalency diploma and attended several music and art programs, including a music production course at the Berklee College of Music in Boston, friends and family said.

"He learned very quickly," his mother said. "He always said in school that he knew it already. They couldn't teach him anymore."

Working since he was 14, Makulski had worked at Pray Automobile as a service adviser.

Most recently, he was a part-time disc jockey and a graphic designer at World Wrestling Entertainment in Stamford for the past five years.

"He was a tremendous asset," said William Goertel, director of television graphics at WWE. "He was the sweetest man I ever met. He had the uncanny ability to bring people together, and he was a phenomenal artist."

Goertel said the logo Makulski made for his DJ and production company, Family Sessions, spoke to his love of music and compassion for others.

The logo is three hearts with musical notes inside.

"He had enough motivation to cover all of us," said Jeffrey Gomez, who played music with Makulski. "He was the glue. Without him, we'd probably still be playing in our bedrooms."

Gomez said Makulski was planning to sell his red, white and blue Yamaha motorcycle.

It was not clear from the report whether slick pavement, excessive speed or lack of a helmet were factors in Makulski's death, Tadiello said.

"Every time Marcin left the parking lot, he always wore his helmet," Goertel said. "He was very diligent about that."

Stamford Fire Department and Stamford Emergency Medical Services responded to the crash scene. State police are investigating the accident.

Copyright © 2004, Southern Connecticut Newspapers, Inc.

Ok, so who was that guy?

Marcin Makulski was a graphic designer with WWE, who was killed in a motorcycle accident this past Friday.

Answer from somewhere else.

He called him Ric....

Orton doing a fine job out there right now.

This is just a horrible start to this show. It's not really all that bad in terms of what they are saying, it's just that I'm not "feeling" any of it. Perhaps it's the crowd, I don't know.

Guest Quik

Never letting your girlfriend know when you're coming is a good way to get her pregnant.

I like Randy a lot less without the Evo theme. I'm real disappointed.