TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

NFL Game Chatter Thread

Ah, nothing says "New NFL Season" than Destiny's Child and George "New Engleand" Lopez, eh? Personally, I would have liked to see Drew Carey hosting this thing.

Quick betting proposition: Which will be higher, the number of INTs Peyton Manning throws or the number of promos for The Benefactor?

Prediction: Patriots 28 Colts 19

Guest El Satanico

Did Madden just say we need to see if Corey Dillon is the real deal...his first 6 years didn't prove he was?

Did Madden just say we need to see if Corey Dillon is the real deal...his first 6 years didn't prove he was?

It's John Madden.

Don't be surprised if he mentions he loved Corey's work on 90210.

Patriots answer back, Brady TD strike.

10-10.

Guest El Satanico
Well wasn't Dillon injured for the majority of last year?

And he had 6 great years prior to that one injury plagued bad year. Perhaps Madden meant to say something else, but Dillon doesn't need to prove he's the "real deal"

The Pats cannot seem to stop the run.

Letting Washington walk might end up being the death of this defense.

Letting a guy go is alot different than not being able to afford to keep said guy due to salary cap constraints.

They made him a good offer, Oakcland overpaid him greatly. Pats had no chance of keeping him for reasonable money.

Wilfork will make people forget him in a few weeks once he gets some real solid playing time.

Ok, this new rule is a joke.

If an offensive player is allowed to push, then you are just doing more than handcuffing defenses.

Some calls are balant, but that tick tack call on that deep ball was an insult to the NFL. I don't care what the hell uniform the player is wearing, there has not been one instance where that five yard crybaby rule has come into positive effect.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It seems that they're just calling this new coverage thing just to drive the home point. That one on Harrison was a total joke. Why can a receiver be all over the defender but it's the defender that can only be punished?

This game is pretty entertaining but yeah, I don't want the D to be handcuffed to allow the offense to be opened up. That just isn't fair. A whole bunch of these calls are just rinky-dink crap.

Apparently Claude Reigns was open deep but didn't make the catch. Interception Colts.

Up to the beyond handcuffed pass defense. I get the feeling the WR could shove down the defender and kick him and the refs would call the defender for making contact with his foot. And yes, I mean that for both teams.

Guest El Satanico

NE only received one of those new calls, so don't try taking defensive blame off NE.

Branch getting forearmed in the face after a play earlier and no call just pissed me the fuck off. How do you stand right there and NOT throw the flag?

I think the rush D is going to be a major thing to work on this week for the Pats, and they should have a good chance to work on it against Arizona next week. If the Colts actually had a D, they would probably be ahead right now.

Guest El Satanico

"Wilfork pulls him down"

bullshit Wilfork didn't pull shit down, James stepped out after Wilfork danced with him.