TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest MikeSC

Yeah, Kerry do THIS!

Guest MikeSC

Well, according to Drudge, the Dems are planning to CONTINUE THE VIETNAM OBSESSION by trying to do what Gore failed to do in 2000 and what the Dems have failed to do all year --- namely, making Guard service something resembling an issue.

Heck, what does that clown Clinton know when Gore is listening to Bob "I haven't won an election in HOW many years now?" Shrum?

Sure, KEEP Vietnam in the headlines. That ALWAYS works out well for you.

The Dems apparently ignored the lesson of the RNC --- there ARE undecideds out there.

-=Mike

...Still no reason given to vote FOR Kerry, either...

Guest MikeSC
Yes, because Drudge is the force driving the Kerry campaign, after all.

When this happens next week, will you admit you were wrong?

-=Mike

...Funny that Estrich wrote her "We need to play dirty" column and, suddenly, forgeries pop up...

Guest Nanks

Of course, I'm no authority on recent American history and current attitudes, but doesn't everybody think Vietnam was an extremely bad thing?? What with The Allies losing and such?? From memory the soldiers were spit on when they got home.

So how is the fact that he was (briefly) a part of the most (maybe 2nd most) widely denounced and unsuccessful military campaign in your country's history meant to make him appealing??

Your political system as a whole confuses me greatly.

PUH-LEASE, Mike, it's CLEARLY been established as TRUTH and FACT that the document forgeries were obviously planted by none other than Karl Rove.

It has his fingerprints all over it!

Hell, he probably leaked this story to Drudge!

Guest MikeSC

As I read somewhere, I almost hope Rove was behind it.

It'd be nice to know somebody so diabolical was on my side.

-=Mike

Guest CronoT

-=Mike

Karl Rove was the guy who had those Push Polls done against Sen. McCain in South Carolina in 2000. As far as I'm concerned, McCain hould have sued his ass for slander. Rove is the only guy who could make a "Backwoods Southern Politican" sick.

Why doesn't the Senate Ethics Committee investigate him?

Oh, I know. Because Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist lives up Dick Cheney's and Dubya's ass.

Guest CronoT
Of course, I'm no authority on recent American history and current attitudes, but doesn't everybody think Vietnam was an extremely bad thing??  What with The Allies losing and such??  From memory the soldiers were spit on when they got home.

So how is the fact that he was (briefly) a part of the most (maybe 2nd most) widely denounced and unsuccessful military campaign in your country's history meant to make him appealing??

Your political system as a whole confuses me greatly.

The discussion is about how John Kerry served his country in Vietnam, trying to prevent the spread of Communism, and Dubya got an in for the National Guard in Texas, because his dad, Bush Sr. greased a few palms and made a few deals.

Then, there's the question about whether or not Dubya actually served in his National Guard position. Quite a few people state that he never actually served, and was AWOL almost all the time.

John Kerry's military record is a part of public record, and can be accessed by anyone with the clearance access. Bush's National Gurad records have either been "destroyed," or, like his criminal records, are sealed. A lot of people are accusing him of hiding his records, while John Kerry is stating that he served, and that he acknowledges his military service, both the good and the bad.

Guest MikeSC
The discussion is about how John Kerry served his country in Vietnam, trying to prevent the spread of Communism, and Dubya got an in for the National Guard in Texas, because his dad, Bush Sr. greased a few palms and made a few deals.

Which requires one to assume that the vice-chair of Kerry's campaign doesn't have a potential interest in making up a story he's denied --- to his own daughter, to boot --- for years.

Then, there's the question about whether or not Dubya actually served in his National Guard position. Quite a few people state that he never actually served, and was AWOL almost all the time.

Those people, of course, are wrong and don't know what the hell they're talking about.

John Kerry's military record is a part of public record, and can be accessed by anyone with the clearance access. Bush's National Gurad records have either been "destroyed," or, like his criminal records, are sealed.

Of course, unlike Kerry, Bush signed form 180, authorizing the release of EVERY record. I'm not implying that Kerry might have something to hide, just mentioning an interesting and amusing fact.

A lot of people are accusing of hiding his records, while John Kerry is stating that he served, and that he acknowledges his military service, both the good and the bad.

Except, of course, that he isn't.

-=Mike

Karl Rove was the guy who had those Push Polls done against Sen. McCain in South Carolina in 2000.

Except, of course, the evidence that such "push polls" occurring is, well, nil.

The LA Times asked him to give them names so they could verify the story. John gave them 6 names.

Of the ones they could contact, none verified the story.

As far as I'm concerned, McCain hould have sued his ass for slander.

I hope he tries. It'd put this myth to bed when John proves incapable of proving it.

Rove is the only guy who could make a "Backwoods Southern Politican" sick.

For what? Being the bogeyman of the left?

Oh, I know. Because Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist lives up Dick Cheney's and Dubya's ass

Nothing to do with an absence of any actual evidence of the story.

-=Mike

...Go ahead, find a story that can name more than one name of people who received these calls and who will verify that they received them. I'll be waiting...

Guest CronoT

Which requires one to assume that the vice-chair of Kerry's campaign doesn't have a potential interest in making up a story he's denied --- to his own daughter, to boot --- for years.

Those people, of course, are wrong and don't know what the hell they're talking about.

John Kerry's military record is a part of public record, and can be accessed by anyone with the clearance access. Bush's National Gurad records have either been "destroyed," or, like his criminal records, are sealed.

Of course, unlike Kerry, Bush signed form 180, authorizing the release of EVERY record. I'm not implying that Kerry might have something to hide, just mentioning an interesting and amusing fact.

A lot of people are accusing of hiding his records, while John Kerry is stating that he served, and that he acknowledges his military service, both the good and the bad.

Except, of course, that he isn't.

-=Mike

Karl Rove was the guy who had those Push Polls done against Sen. McCain in South Carolina in 2000.

Except, of course, the evidence that such "push polls" occurring is, well, nil.

The LA Times asked him to give them names so they could verify the story. John gave them 6 names.

Of the ones they could contact, none verified the story.

As far as I'm concerned, McCain hould have sued his ass for slander.

I hope he tries. It'd put this myth to bed when John proves incapable of proving it.

Rove is the only guy who could make a "Backwoods Southern Politican" sick.

For what? Being the bogeyman of the left?

Oh, I know. Because Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist lives up Dick Cheney's and Dubya's ass

Nothing to do with an absence of any actual evidence of the story.

-=Mike

...Go ahead, find a story that can name more than one name of people who received these calls and who will verify that they received them. I'll be waiting...

You say all that, but first, you wrote this:

-=Mike

So, which is it, Mike? Is he diabolical, or just "a boogeyman?"

You can't have it both ways, pal.

"George W. Bush's campaign literature claimed that he 'served in the U.S. Air Force.' The only problem? He didn't,"  slams a new DNC press release set for distribution.

(...)

"Flyers distributed to Texas voters during Bush's failed Congressional race say 'he served in the U.S. Air Force and the Texas Air National Guard.' But according to Air Force officials, Air National Guardsmen are not counted as members of the active-duty Air Force."

This is the 1978 campaign literature that the article references:

bush_air_force_detail.jpg

Fun literature notes:

Bush graduated from Phillips Academy in Andover, MA. But, he attended public school in Texas around 1960.

Presumably the "He got his MBA before going to the Air Force" was some sort of screwup.

The 1978 Congress Race was the one that Bush lost when his opponent basically beat him on stuff like "Being a Real Texan". And Bush's commercial where he was jogging didn't help either.

but i'm sure Matt Drudge has big links in the DNC.

The amount of people who care about all this crap from thirty years ago is spiraling downward.

I hope this isn't true, but I've never believed any Drudge exclusives (which to me always equates "this is such a hot potato that nobody with credibilty will pick it up"), and I'm not going to begin believing them now.

This is the part where he cusses at you, and probably calls you an idiot.

Don't forget the "unmitigated bullshit" portion of his babbling.

None of this means anything.

And then the part where the folder's lefties start whining...

Guest MikeSC
So, which is it, Mike? Is he diabolical, or just "a boogeyman?"

You can't have it both ways, pal.

And the left's ability to interpret a serious comment from a flippant one is further bastardized.

No, Rove isn't behind it. In fact, I've not seen a story that indicates the faked memos came from anywhere...but the Kerry campaign.

This is the part where he cusses at you, and probably calls you an idiot.

Nah. Just you.

But that's because you are an idiot.

Now, you will start bitching and attempt to be witty.

You will succeed in bitching and fail at wit.

Don't forget the "unmitigated bullshit" portion of his babbling.

I'm shocked you're still here, considering that you lack the ability to avoid drooling on your keyboard and all.

-=Mike

I love how the Democrats consider Clinton one of the best president but everytime he gives them a suggestion that makes an OUNCE of sense, they just ignore him like they are giving a five year old a juice box.

And I don't remember, but did Clinton have military experience? It doesn't matter! Ever! Just because you were a soldier doesn't mean you have a clue how to run a war. You might have been a stupid soldier so how does it matter?

Quit trying to hand the Republicans the election. At least LOOK like you are trying to win.

Guest MikeSC

Thing is, they're in trouble and they know it. Bush is ahead in virtually every state he carried, while states Kerry should be ahead big in, he is not. The battlefield for the election is shrinking daily and it's killing Kerry.

So his answer? The same one he's fallen back on all along (despite the left claiming he doesn't): Vietnam.

He has nothing else. He has offered no real vision, no real plan, and no reason to vote for him.

-=Mike

Thing is, they're in trouble and they know it. Bush is ahead in virtually every state he carried, while states Kerry should be ahead big in, he is not. The battlefield for the election is shrinking daily and it's killing Kerry.

So his answer? The same one he's fallen back on all along (despite the left claiming he doesn't): Vietnam.

He has nothing else. He has offered no real vision, no real plan, and no reason to vote for him.

-=Mike

So the brillant plan is to stick to the thing the American public doesn't care an ounce about instead of proving he does have a plan?

Oh, and blaming the Republicans for stupid ads attacking Kerry's vietnam experience and blaming the Republicans for bringing it up when they aren't caring a bit about it?

I would be shocked, but this is the same party that convinced Gore he needed to distance himself from Clinton....which STILL makes no Earthly sense even today.

And the left's ability to interpret a serious comment from a flippant one is further bastardized.

No, Rove isn't behind it. In fact, I've not seen a story that indicates the faked memos came from anywhere...but the Kerry campaign.

Sorry, Mike. I lean on the Rove guess, but while I'm not to deny any possibility that this was liberal-stirred muckety-muck, I refuse to believe this was actually brought up by the Kerry camp. Why would they want to forge documents and do such a bad job, espcially on such a non-story?

Guest MikeSC

Sorry, Mike. I lean on the Rove guess, but while I'm not to deny any possibility that this was liberal-stirred muckety-muck, I refuse to believe this was actually brought up by the Kerry camp. Why would they want to forge documents and do such a bad job, espcially on such a non-story?

The only stories I've read on it indicate that they originated in the Kerry camp and they fed it to CBS.

-=Mike

Guest Salacious Crumb

I've actually heard a theory that maybe the documents came from Rather's daughter. Apparantly she had the ability to get such documents.

Though I don't buy that either party was behind this. No one on involved in either campaign is stupid enough to use such a cheap forgery. This is more about CBS being so quick to run a hit piece on someone that they didn't bother to research it.

Guest GreatOne

Oh this is just GREAT,

The one Democrat that actually WON an election in the last 25 years but somehow the all-knowingly powerful Gore/Kerry/Kennedy/McAuliffe camp knows better...................

I refuse to believe this was actually brought up by the Kerry camp. Why would they want to forge documents and do such a bad job, espcially on such a non-story?

1)Since unless Kerry SIGNIFICANTLY wows everybody in the debates, their campaign is going about as well currently as the flight of the Genesis capsule. Thus this strategy becomes necessary

2)They completely suck at it, hell they can't even get their ATTACKS straight.

John Kerry was totally a panic-pick for the Democratic party, when Dean proved unable to simmer down. He had no substance in the primaries either, but he 'seemed presidential.' If they wanted some who was ACTUALLY respectable they could've gone with Lieberman, who was boring, but plain-spoken and honest, or Edwards, who was inexperienced, but offered a positive alternative, instead of ceaseless whining. A pox on this election.

Guest MikeSC

Hell, Kerry proved me wrong. I thought Dean would be the worst possible choice.

Dean at least inspired an emotion in people. Kerry is as vanilla as a man can be.

-=Mike

Mike, Vanilla is a flavor. Lieberman is vanilla. Kerry is unflavored gelitan.

I think if we are looking at Ice Cream, Kerry is "Non-flavored Ice Milk".