TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the.weej

GENESIS V CARD - SEPTEMBER 19th

The Smartmarks Wrestling Federation Presents...

A P P V E X T R A V A G A N Z A

GENESIS V

LIVE, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 19TH, FROM THE *SOLD OUT* ROSE BOWL IN PASADENA, CALIFORNIA! FEATURING MUSIC PREFORMED BY THE LOS ANGELES SYMPHONY ORCHESTRA, CARL ORFF'S "O FORTUNA"

(7pm PCT, 10pm EST; check local listings for details)

MAIN EVENT

SINGLES MATCH

WORLD TITLE BOUT

Johnny Dangerous© vs Toxxic

And so it all comes down to this. The biggest show of the year. The end of the SWF's callender. The most important match of the year. Genesis is ending and a beginning, a point of change for the SWF, although this does not always mean that titles will change hands. The fed is always drastically different after its flagship PPV, often the very following Storm, and this does not look to change in its fifth installment. People, places, directions can differ entierly. There isn't much that needs to be said about Toxxic and Johnny Dangerous -- the story of the fastest rising star in federation history and perhaps the most unlikely champion in federation history is well documented. It needs not to be recounted. Both men know that the greatest prize the SWF has to offer is on the line here, under the brightest lights that can be mustered. Who wins here will undoubtedly influence the SWF for the rest of the year, and the effects of Genesis V will ripple through it forever. To them, there may only seem to be the ring, the belt, and the two competitors. But the future this match shapes... is now.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Send To: realitycheck

HANDICAP MATCH

The Suicide King, "The Superior One" Tom Flesher and Chris Raynor vs "Grand Slam" Mark Stevens, Landon "La Cucaracha" Maddix...

With more carooms and bounces like a spastic pinball on speed, the story involving Mark Stevens' bizarre forced comeback to the SWF has taken its final hairpin turn at 120mph. Frustrated with his general lack of success in destroying his former friend's career and life once and for all, the Suicide King has pulled out all the stops -- The Superior One, King's strongest ally, is by his side, and the Heartbreaker has gone so far to invite former JL commissioner and fellow sympathizer Chris Raynor to aid his cause, a somewhat ironic choice considering their past discressions. Never the less, the odds are overwhelmingly against Grand Slam and his new friend, Landon Maddix... though all hope isn't lost. Benevolently, Mark has been offered the chance to make it into a six-man-tag team match, provided he can find another willing participant. However, his list of comrades is thin, and the Suicide King has made certain that if Mark Stevens goes now, he goes with the biggest bang possible on the biggest stage in the federation. Does the old Carnie still have a few tricks up his sleeve? Or is it all set to end in one last, hellish carnival mockery? Step right up...

Rules:

Send To: realitycheck

CANADIAN DEATH MATCH

USJL CANADIAN CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Ace Lezaire© vs David Cross

In the past, the US title has been renamed may countless times. This not the first time it's been won by a wrestler of the Canadian origin and then immediately renamed to better represent their home country, and if this revived tradition continues, it may not be the last. "Canada's Greatest Export," Ace Lezaire, is the proud champion of his nation, and be damned if he isn't going to defend its belt in the match that it was made for! ...nevermind that Zenon got cute and decided that if Ace was going to have six of one, he might as well have a half-dozen of another.

Rules: Regular DQ and count-out rules are not in effect. The winner is the first one to get a combined count of 10. For example, if one man pins the other for a 4 count, then a 3 count later in the match that’s a combined 7 count. Only 3 counts and higher can contribute to the combined count (you can’t just get 5 near falls in a row to win).

Send To: 5_moves_of_doom

TAG TEAM TITLE BOUT

Hollywood Boulevard© vs Revolution Zero

No-one can deny that Sean Davis and Spike Jenkins have guts, but whether they have any brains is another matter entierly. Spike and Sean, despite being embroiled in seperate title matches earlier in the card, have elected to also face the reigning tag team champions as well! Truly a Genesis worthy effort, and spectacle that will go down as one of the most oustanding ever should they succeed even only here. However, much easier said than done: Mike Van Siclen and Todd Cortez have dethroned the incomprable Justice & Rule for the longest reigning tag team champions in federation history, and show no signs of loosening their white-knuckled grip on the belts anytime this century.

Rules: Standard tag team match.

Send To: chirs3

SINGLES MATCH

"The Notorious" John Duran vs ???

John Duran, the once proud, powerful and determined SWF champion has failed to show that spark since his return, only displaying the same fizzle that followed right after his world title win. Frustrated at his inability, Duran walks into Genesis almost certainly unlikely to see the main event again any time soon... however, he has been provided with a most intriguing matchup, one in which the commissioner was not letting a slip of the tongue happen. The ???-man collects his apperance fee at another SWF PPV, as the Notorious One tries to collect himself for one last stand.

Rules: Standard singles match.

Send To: Grand Slam

CAGED FURY

Manson vs Max King

These two men have been on a crash-course destined for GV from the momenet they traded the USJL title. Although neither of them currently hold any gold, it is no matter, as there's still no love lost between the two of them. A motivated Manson has looked to be a pretty scary thing, as he's coming off the most successful weeks of his career and obviously intends to push King out of the way, once and for all. However, King's goals are no different, as putting Manson away here could do wonders for his rising career. However... the choice of stipulation may have been a slight miscue for Max, as the lovely and highly versetaile Kelly Connelly has been rendered almost irrelevent by the steel this match takes place in. Can King survive an onslaughted locked in against the powers of MANSONOSITY!? It's the rage... in the CAGE!

Rules: The match is contested inside a steel cage. Competitors may leave the cage over the top, but may not win the match this way. No DQ or countout in effect, but competitors can only win the match by submission. No door is provided for exiting the cage.

Send To: Thoth

HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Sean Davis© vs Austin Sly

Revolution Zero's muscle department is in a bit of pickle. Mainly, he's double booked, defending one title and trying for another -- worse yet, his tag partner has almost exactly the same plans laid out. Never the less, Davis remains unflaggingly confident in his abiliy to not only walk into Genesis and win two matches, but to walk out with one MORE piece of gold than he entered with. The good news for Austin Sly is that Davis' psyche may not be as collected as it seems. The bad news is that either way, he's still going to face him fresh.

Rules: There aren't any. Duh.

Send To: Suicide King

BATTLE ROYALE

Candace vs Danny Dagda vs Andrea Montgomery vs Jamie Drazon

These four have a tough act to follow, but should no doubt have the motivation and eagerness to make an impact! As their placement on the card and general success over the last month has varied, so does the reward for this match, leaving it a very lucrative offer. The last person remaining in the ring will be allowed to cash in on a shot at ANY title in the fed, including the world or tag team (provided they can find a partner). A Genesis sized offer indeed!

Rules: Over-the-top eleimination rules, ala the Royal Rumble, naturally. Last (wo)man standing in the ring is the winner.

LADDER MATCH

CRUSERWEIGHT CHAMPIONSHIP BOUT

Ryan Dustin vs "Hollywood" Spike Jenkins vs The Birdman

A former champion. A 'washed up' old spot monkey. A mysterious, yet insanely talented lightweight. All three of these men come from distinctly different backgrounds, with distinctly different motives. Never the less, they share one important thing in common: Above all else, they value the cruserweight title, and they will kick off the biggest show of the year with a high-flying shootout. To futher make these three at home, the only thing that seperates them from the gold belt so rudely stripped from Tom Flesher's waist? Sixteen feet; one aluminum ladder or amazing leap from being called champion. Birdman may have fresher legs and Hollywood faster reflexes, but Ryan Dustin knows one thing: You're only as old as you feel.

Rules: The belt will be suspended securely from a ring hoisted into the air before the match begins. The winner is the man who retrieves the belt.

Send To: chirs3

(Decorum notes: The Rose Bowl is, of course, an enormous outdoor football stadium, so hope for dry conditions. The ring is at midfield, and has a canopy over top of it, ala Wrestlemania IX; on all four sides of the canopy is a ginormous jumbotron television for those in the upper, upper, upper, upper mezzanine. The wrestlers enter from between a huge, flourescent glass sign with "GENESIS" written in cursive. An homage to G3's famous entrance way, however, this sign is firmly secured and not individually lettered, being 'handwritten,' theoretically preventing it from being used as a prop in a repeat of MacPhisto/Raynor. The entrace way is in red carpeting, and is lined with crystaline busts of famous SWF wrestlers through the federation's history, and large canvas spreads displaying still shots of famous moments. The orchestra is set up opposite the entrance way.)

(Send everything to realitycheck, if you couldn't have guessed.)

Edited by realitycheck

Yay for facing off against two people I've already written against, one of whom was in a four-person match. And yay for a new opponent. Yay for a stip I haven't written since returning, and a final yay for not another tag match (No offense to Birdman, but a change of pace is good).

Good overall card, but where's the bra and panties match between Levy and Chance Silver that the fans were clamoring for?

Orchestra? Awesome.

The set design? Awesome.

Getting to mark the three-way ladder match? Awesome.

G5? AWESOME.

I :wub: this card. So very, very much.

Wow.

This card looks very good and very full! I haven't followed the stories in a while...what the hell is Raynor doing in there?!?

G5 looks spectacular...kind of makes me wish I was Mark's secret partner in his match.

Or, am I...?

No, I'm not. :(

Good luck everyone.

Yes you are, Thugg. I mean, I remember all those times you were in London. Eating 'crisps' and taking the 'lift' to a 'mate's' 'flat'. Wacky.

Let's see, should I write, or should I just use the old standby of Boom! Explosion! Everyone leaps out of the ring except Andrea.

Nah, I'll just have a few thousand words of the following:

Danny Dagda cheats!

Jamie Drazon no-sells!

Danny Dagda cheats!

Jamie Drazon no-sells!

Danny Dagda cheats!

Jamie Drazon no-sells!

Nay, King. I'm honoring it by copying it. If you're going to copy, copy the best.

Actually, it's sort of theft of the match Silent wrote for that house show that never happened, where he was to face Judge Mental. He referred to his match as not the greatest match in the world, just a tribute. The tribute being to your match.

And stuff.

So, what does everyone else think about my Fugue idea? Horrible? Stupid? Who's Fugue?

Guest Aecas

The card is up, its stacked up to the teeth and l;ooks poised to be one hell of a show and its definitely one that I shall be reading and eagerly awaiting.

I'm afraid that I won't be participating as I had hoped I might be able to, work is as work does you know. That aside I know we're going to see one hell of a show so lets see your very best boys and girls.

And I'll meet you at the end :cheers:

So when G3 happened, we called it our best show ever. When G4 happened, that became the best show ever.

High expectations for sure. Good luck, everyone. I can't wait to read this.

Yeah, I'm getting that vibe, too.

Anyway. I'd like to politely request (re: state and enforce with all my dictitorial power) that everyone who has the time turn in a promo or two or make up a video package or something for your match, and maybe some retirees write up some cameo promos or something along the lines of Strangler's "Genesis Legends" promo from last year. Y'know, just to add to the whole 'biggest PPV of the year' feel. Maybe I'll even write something, who knows.

Also, I'd like to know if anyone wants to do tale of the tape for all of the matches. I did it last year, and it was... harder than it looked. But it was moderately cool, and that's the important thing.

-Z

BATTLE ROYALE

Candace vs Danny Dagda vs Andrea Montgomery vs Jamie Drazon

These four have a tough act to follow, but should no doubt have the motivation and eagerness to make an impact! As their placement on the card and general success over the last month has varied, so does the reward for this match, leaving it a very lucrative offer. The last person remaining in the ring will be allowed to cash in on a shot at ANY title in the fed, including the world or tag team (provided they can find a partner). A Genesis sized offer indeed!

Rules: Over-the-top eleimination rules, ala the Royal Rumble, naturally. Last (wo)man standing in the ring is the winner.

Sooooo... Since Candace / frisco so kindly decided to fuck us all and (ahem) put crazy glue on all the toilet seats...

(Has to stop and laugh for a moment)

Sorry, sorry... I mean... did (s)he go to all the arenas we're going to and do it? Or just the one we're at now? And... Does (s)he realize that crazy glue is quick-drying??? Meaning it will most likely be dry by the time anyone sat on it??? Sorry I have to explain the physics here, but... I'm a mechanic. I know how this shit works.

Anyway...

So since the aformentioned numbskull is gone, is this turning into a triple threat?

Guest Suicide King

Ah, the Clusterfuck that preceded Stubby's first exodus. Taken out by the Large Cop Man, was he not Andrea?

Guest Beingz0wningj00

Yeah... Stubby had to serve some Hard Time for possession of illegal substances.

Crazy slut... anyway... I've got ideas for Candace... so lets stay 4 way

Guest Tonights Highlite

Uh, is somebody doing the opening for the Pay Per View, or is that expected to be included in the opening match?

No, it's not. I should've included it in the list of things I'd like to see on the show, although much like the tale of the tape, I'm not sure if anyone will step up to claim it (though Toxxic did do one for his own match).

So, yeah. Someone should do the PPV intro. I'll give you a cookie and everything.

-Z

Well, I've done my match so if Zed can send me SOME sort of idea what he wants in it (bearing in mind that my knowledge of the fed's history isn't great, so far-reaching video packages probably aren't going to feature) I might be able to knock at least SOMETHING up tomorrow.

Man, I've been trying to relate that song to my life for weeks.

"MIKE!

MIKE MIKE MIKE!

MIKE MIKE MIKE!

Mike's the man, wrestlin' at Genesis.

Jobbing Spike, jobbing Davis."

You like? ;)

Guest Beingz0wningj00

While your walking into things, would you mind taking a running leap at the icepicks I've set up.