TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest pepsi

Eddie & Angle has an "altercation" backstage...

Guest wildpegasus

There's one thing I'd really like to see. Some kind of sanctioned Pride like tournament battle between all the WWE superstars. That'd be one awful interesting tournament. I'd pay money to see it.

So how many backstage altercations have ended with a frontfacelock now? Jericho/Goldberg, DDP/Todd Champion?, Eddie/Angle and who else? There's gotta be a few more out there.

Guest GreatOne
There's one thing I'd really like to see. Some kind of sanctioned Pride like tournament battle between all the WWE superstars. That'd be one awful interesting tournament. I'd pay money to see it.

So how many backstage altercations have ended with a frontfacelock now? Jericho/Goldberg, DDP/Todd Champion?, Eddie/Angle and who else? There's gotta be a few more out there.

Was it Todd Champion or Firebreaker Chip? Or both?

Quick! DDP/Nash vs The Patriots. MAIN EVENT ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY I TELLS YA!

Maybe Kurt just remembered his Olympic Trials matches here and got nostalgic :D

Eddie may be smarter than you all think...imagine this...Eddie somehow gets Kurt down and wwwrenches back on that bad neck... well he may as well leave the country at that point because Vince would kill him...especially if it wasn't on tape...that's a bit extreme but if Kurt got hurt at all in an altercation with Eddie there'd be hell to pay so Eddie was smart for backing off...and Kurt would win IMO.

I go and make one joke about Angle kicking someone's ass, come back later, and its turned into a 4 page reinactment of the fucking Lincoln/Douglas debate.

I'm so proud.

Backstage WWE News: Angle/Taker Alliance, McMahon Meets Eddie Over Stress

More problems in the Smackdown lockerroom…

Vince McMahon has been having one on one meetings with Eddie Guerrero over the last few weeks and months. Guerrero has been having high levels of stress and some believe it is having an adverse effect on his work.

Guerrero has been having trouble with moodiness and outbursts in front of fans, and puts a lot of pressure on himself. McMahon tries to reassure Guerrero and doesn’t blame Eddie for Smackdown business numbers being lower than desired.

Kurt Angle and the Undertaker have created an alliance of sorts backstage in Smackdown. Angle is being seen less as a leader and one of the boys, and more of a management type. It is said that he and Taker are booking their own storylines with the goal of protecting their spots as 1 and 2 on Smackdown.

Credit: PWTorch.com

Man, Eddie would kick Angle's ass in a fight. When Angle gets him and a front facelock, all Eddie needs to do is pull Angle's tights down. Angle'll get embarrassed, release the facelock...BAM, powder to the eyes and Eddie's got Angle right where he wants him.

I bet Angle never dealt with THAT in the Olympics.

Guest The Masked Avenger

For those arguing that Eddie could beat Kurt:

I might have missed something, but it sure seems like he tried, and it sure seems as if he failed. I had a friendly scuffle *yesterday* with someone outweighing me by at lest thirty pounds, and tapped him out with the front face lock. It's a legit killer move. Dynamite Kid mentiones in his book a variation he learned in England called "the grovit", and also says it's bad news for the one caught in it. Amateur wrestling isn't all about pins, people. And even if it were, Eddie would have a hard time punching while being owned on the ground. Someone said something about Kurt probably not knowing how to deal with being punched in the face, to which i reply: The man won an olympic gold medal with a broken *frigging* neck. He can probably deal with a punch to the face.

I love Eddie as a pro wrestler, and yes, there is a chance that he *could* land that lucky punch. Just like there's a chance the moon might drop from orbit tomorrow. That chance, however is very, very small, and for anyone to think differently is strange indeed.

-TMA

Frigging edited.

Obviously Angle would & did take Eddie down, but he could also knock his head off his shoulders. Have you seen Angle's work punches? Imagine if he put some power behind it...

Guest The Masked Avenger

And Fit Finlay.

Robbie Brookside (shamless namedropping) told me some stories about that man. Not someone to mess around with...

-TMA

Guest wildpegasus
This is all a moot point because Meng would beat both their sorry asses.

This is accurate. There's no point in arguing anymore.

Jerry Flynn, too.

In the beginning I believe the UFC tried to get Meng as one of their participants in their competition but WCW wouldn't allow it because if they did and Meng were to lose it would destroy Meng's monstor image.

WP -- Who thought Benoit was nuts for taking an unprotected headbutt from Meng on heat and getting himself clobbered in their first death match together.

Guest wildpegasus
For those arguing that Eddie could beat Kurt:

I might have missed something, but it sure seems like he tried, and it sure seems as if he failed. I had a friendly scuffle *yesterday* with someone outweighing me by at lest thirty pounds, and tapped him out with the front face lock. It's a legit killer move. Dynamite Kid mentiones in his book a variation he learned in England called "the grovit", and also says it's bad news for the one caught in it. Amateur wrestling isn't all about pins, people. And even if it were, Eddie would have a hard time punching while being owned on the ground. Someone said something about Kurt probably not knowing how to deal with being punched in the face, to which i reply: The man won an olympic gold medal with a broken neck. He can probably deal with a punch to the face.

I love Eddie as a pro wrestler, and yes, there is a chance that he *could* land that lucky punch. Just like there's a chance the moon might drop from orbit tomorrow. That chance, however is very, very small, and for anyone to think differently is strange indeed.

-TMA

It is so hard to get out of a frontfacelock. I remember DK's story from that book. Hoshino was trying it on with Dynamite all night which resulted in Dynamite opening up and than Hoshino putting on a grovit telling DK under his breath, "You shoot". Hoshino put a grovit on during a match on DK learnt from Gotch I think (which not everybody apparently knew how to do) and DK remembered a technique where he reached across for Hoshino's elbow/yanked it across very hard nearly ripping one of his fingers out of joint which he learnt in the snake pit to escape the grovit.

RRR, what's the exact difference between a grovit (described by DK as a front facelock that can put you out in seconds) and a frontfacelock? I've seen pictures of a grovit but unfortunately they were not up close.

And Fit Finlay.

Robbie Brookside (shamless namedropping) told me some stories about that man. Not someone to mess around with...

-TMA

You met Robbie Brookside? *jealous*

Someone said something about Kurt probably not knowing how to deal with being punched in the face, to which i reply: The man won an olympic gold medal with a broken neck.

You forgot to use the word "frickin'".

Guest The Masked Avenger

Y2J: Edited for your viewing pleasure:-)

DCMaximo: Not only did I meet him, we worked the same show 24th of august, of which I am very proud. The man's a legend, and although he has got a rep for being a bit grouchy, we found that he was really a nice bloke when treated with the respect he deserves.

Wildpegasus: I might be wrong, but I am under the impression that a grovit is a front face lock with your left arm going under the opponent's throat and resting on your right forearm and your right hand on the opponent's left shoulder.

-TMA

Guest The Masked Avenger

They did have a couple of memorable ones in WCW, as far as I recall:-)

Wasn't it Uncensored ninetysomething where it looked like they busted each other hardway?

-TMA

Guest M. Harry Smilac

Wow, the three I's and the three H's go hand and hand now.

Angle should be relegated to a mid-card all comedy feud with Spike and the Dudley's for this and Eddie seriously needs some time off.

Guest krazykat72

I just want to echo Rudo's sentiments. There's no one on the *roster* who can be competitive with Angle in a real situation. Do any of you guys disagreeing actually watch MMA? There's a reason Randy Couture kills everyone. He takes them down and pounds the sh*t out of them. He's not the best striker, but his opponents are ineffective, and guess what, he wasn't nearly as good a wrestler as Kurt Angle was. If you think Eddy, who is not a world class wrestler or striker isin *any* way going to be competitive with Kurt Angle, you're nuts.

-Paul Jacobi-

Actually, in the past Kurt admitted he can't take down Big Show. So Show would probably be the only one, even if he couldn't ever out-wrestle Kurt.

I agree that Eddy wouldn't stand a real chance against Kurt--however, there's little shame in that, because neither would almost the entire roster.

Guest krazykat72
Actually, in the past Kurt admitted he can't take down Big Show. So Show would probably be the only one, even if he couldn't ever out-wrestle Kurt.

I agree that Eddy wouldn't stand a real chance against Kurt--however, there's little shame in that, because neither would almost the entire roster.

No, there have been various reports by meltzer, Keller etc that both Angle and Lesnar toyed with Show in backstage "matches". Realistically, Show would blow up *very* quickly (look at Bob Sapp and pack on 125 pounds and no training) and Kurt would school him.

-Paul Jacobi-

Tajiri has a background in kickboxing, I think he would be able to underdog-knee hit if Angle would try to tackle him - Ignashov vs Nakamura I comes to mind respectively. And I'm pretty sure Angle wouldnt be able to do shit with HHH even if he was in a wheel chair.

The HHH thing has got to be trolling or sarcasm. Have you SEEN how skinny HHH's legs are? Big pecs don't win a fight. 'Sides, Angle's more ripped than the H now.

Guest I Fear Hogans Air Guitair

I would say the only person on the roster that would have a chance against Angle is Big Show but I still think Angle would win. I think Cena's Writer is forgetting that Kurt Angle was at one time the best amature wrestler in the world. As for the Front face lock there deadly as hell you could be chocked out in second especially from Angle.

I heard on Live Audio Wrestling that Paul Orondof was unbeatable In a backstage fight.

No, there have been various reports by meltzer, Keller etc that both Angle and Lesnar toyed with Show in backstage "matches". Realistically, Show would blow up *very* quickly (look at Bob Sapp and pack on 125 pounds and no training) and Kurt would school him.

Yeah, but if this was a real fight? Big Show would just have to grab Angle by the throat and punch him in the face. I mean, it's that simple.

Big Show is probably the last guy to mess with in the locker room. He'd destroy anyone...even Angle, and I'm a major fan of Angle.