TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

SummerSlam DVD pulled off shelves

According to PWTorch (and some reviewer on Amazon.com as well), the Summerslam DVD that was released yesterday is being pulled from stores due to an audio problem during the main event. It's also apparently the first DVD to be produced in Mexico.

Guest SteveyP93
Another reason why I stick to VHS.

You stick to an inferior media that degrades over time because one WWF DVD release in five years had an audio problem? Cool.

Guest Dynamite Kido
According to PWTorch (and some reviewer on Amazon.com as well), the Summerslam DVD that was released yesterday is being pulled from stores due to an audio problem during the main event. It's also apparently the first DVD to be produced in Mexico.

Revenge!!!! The mexicans that made this DVD were the ones that JBL just so happened to chase back over the border.

Credit: Da Meltz

Well considering it's almost Mexican Independence Day (9-16) I'm sure most workers have been half assing everything they do for a while now. I know I have, and I was born and raised in the US.

Audio problem = Spanish commentary?

"You stick to an inferior media that degrades over time because one WWF DVD release in five years had an audio problem? Cool."

Probably that, and VHS is cheaper, and you can actually fast forward the "Bodies have been bruised yadda yadda" Don't Try This At Home garbage.

Most of the WWE DVDs lately seem to be rather lousy as far as extras. Was that the case with SumSlam too, or no?

WWE VHS are recorded in SLP/EP. I bought Wrestlemania X8 on VHS to save a few bucks when it came out, and even BRAND NEW the tracking never stopped rolling on it.

You stick to an inferior media that degrades over time because one WWF DVD release in five years had an audio problem? Cool.

Well, I've got CVs from 1985 that look great so I'm not worried about degrading at all. Put a little scratch on the dvd and you're screwed. Plus, there's no way I'm starting my collection over.

Well, I've got CVs from 1985 that look great so I'm not worried about degrading at all. Put a little scratch on the dvd and you're screwed. Plus, there's no way I'm starting my collection over.

The disk is spinning too fast for one little scratch to matter.

Besides, that scrath is on the plastic coating, not the stored data itself.

Guest Big Daddy V1

I thought all the problems of the DVD would be trying to edit out the 'Spanish Table' chants and the wave.

The disk is spinning too fast for one little scratch to matter.

Besides, that scrath is on the plastic coating, not the stored data itself.

I'm talking about scratches in general. I'm well aware of the virtues of dvds and have bought the Benoit/Flair ones, but for ppvs I stick to VHS since I already have an assload of them anyway and don't feel like starting from square one again.

personally i hate to keep buying new formats. first its tape, then dvd, i'm sure they'll be something else in the next few years. It seems i keep on buying the same movies over and over again to keep current with the times. But I do buy all my new stuff in dvd. I just got the "hall of fame" dvd set and its really great.

This doesnt have anything to do with the disc being pulled, but I dont think I should start a new thread for this question. Does anyone know of the special features or extra matches on the disc? I was hoping the Orton vs Benoit rematch from the next night would be included on the disc.

I bought mine at Wal-Mart. The audio cuts out right after Benoit & Orton do a flying crossbody into each other. :(

The audio stays off all the way until the end of the DVD program.

The Lita sign angle is kept intact. :)

Booker T, Matt Hardy, and Kane's theme are kept intact, so is that lame Rush song.

Edge still gets booed, "Eugene Sucks!" is very audible, I'd tell you about the wave, but that means I have to skim through Taker / JBL, which ugh I don't think I'll be doing.

Edit: Did I mention how glad I am that WWE changed the cover?

Guest krazykat72
I'm talking about scratches in general. I'm well aware of the virtues of dvds and have bought the Benoit/Flair ones, but for ppvs I stick to VHS since I already have an assload of them anyway and don't feel like starting from square one again.

You could just buy a dvd burner and port them over. It's pretty simple, then start buying the dvds after that.

-Paul Jacobi-

damn, I bought mine a few days ago. Haven't checked it out yet.

Edit: Yeah mine does the same thing. Oh well, sell it on ebay for a few bucks, buy a new one when Unforgiven comes out.

Guest M. Harry Smilac
and you can actually fast forward the "Bodies have been bruised yadda yadda" Don't Try This At Home garbage.

You don't have to sit through that.Just hit stop,once it's stopped hit stop one more time and then menu.

I own about 200+ dvds and this has yet to not work for me, including the 3-5 WWE dvds i've tried it on.

I missed most of SummerSlam during the live feed, did the Dudleyz come out to the Powerman 5000 song or Spike's theme to anyone who saw the original broadcast from the get go? Thanks in advance.