TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Styles

9-22-04 Official PPV Preview

THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT – TNA THE HITS: VOLUME 2: THE BEST OF THE X DIVISION IN 2004!

preview2.jpg

preview3.jpg

preview4.jpg

As TNA gears up for the huge three-hour “Victory Road” Pay-Per-View on Sunday, November 7, we’re offering our fans a special look back at the “Best in TNA” thus far in 2004! This Wednesday is the second of our special presentations, highlighting the daredevil, nonstop action of the extreme athletes of the X Division!

The following X Division matches and superstars will be featured this Wednesday on Pay-Per-View:

- The Amazing Red’s March return from a major knee injury to become the new number one contender to the X Championship!

- An all-out war between Team Canada and Team NWA in a Flag Match from May, featuring Jerry Lynn, Sabin, Fallen Angel, Primetime, Petey Williams, Bobby Roode, Eric Young and Johnny Devine!

- BOTH the high-octane Ladder Match and The Ultimate X Match from the May World X Cup event, featuring Sabin, Hector Garza and Petey Williams!

- The debut of Jeff Hardy as he faces The Phenomenal AJ Styles for the X Title!

- Michael Shane and Kazarian’s war with AJ Styles over the X Title, including AJ’s first-ever Ultimate X Match!

- Plus, the violent and brutal Asylum Street Fight between AJ Styles and Kid Kash!

ALL THIS AND MUCH MORE THIS WEDNESDAY NIGHT ON PAY-PER-VIEW!

The September 29 Pay-Per-View broadcast will be TNA The Hits: Volume 3 – The Heavyweights, with Raven, Sabu, Jeff Jarrett, The Truth, Jeff Hardy, Abyss and more!

The X Division title has now become a glorified United States Championship. Needless to say a bad choice of matches considering what the X Division was supposed to be.

This is pretty much the WORST of the X-Division thus far. They could at least have advertise showing all three Red/Dutt matches from the Best of 3 series in full, since the 3 matches together pretty much make ONE good match.

But yeah. Advertising matches that were panned by a lot of people that know who TNA are? Not good.

Its true the X Division sucked ass in 2004, and will continue to do so. I'm sorry, but when I think of "Best of X Division" I don't think of Jeff Hardy, Michael Shane, Kazarian, and a Street Fight/brawl. That's just insane.

Guest Dynamite Kido

Here is some food for thought......when was the last time a X-divison match legitimately was ***+?

Guest Staravenger

The last time I honestly enjoyed the X-Division was when Chris Sabin was champion over a year ago.

Here is some food for thought......when was the last time a X-divison match legitimately was ***+?

Personally? The first America's X-Cup 8-man was ***3/4, IMO. Before that? Ultimate X 2, which I gave ****. Before that? We're looking at Sabin/Juvi from the Super X tourney, which comes in around ***3/4 or **** (I don't agree with any more than ****, though).