TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Downhome

Rodney Dangerfield has been in a coma for weeks.

How has this been kept so private for this long? I really hope the guy pulls through, he was one of the first comics if not the first, to get me really hooked on comedy.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/t...dio/3675396.stm

Comedian Rodney Dangerfield has been in a coma for several weeks following heart surgery, his wife confirmed.

Joan Dangerfield said on Monday her husband had been able to breathe for himself for the past 24 hours.

She said he had shown signs of awareness, adding she was hopeful he would regain consciousness soon.

Although the 82-year-old's publicist has issued updates on his health since the operation in August, there had been no mention he had fallen into a coma.

"My husband slipped into a light coma a couple of weeks ago while recovering from his heart surgery. His overall condition, however, remains stable," said Joan Dangerfield.

Several co-stars and friends of Dangerfield have visited him in hospital over the past few weeks including Jim Carrey and Roseanne Barr.

Ms Dangerfield added: "After recent visits from his family and close friends, Rodney is starting to show signs of awareness and we are all hopeful that he will regain full consciousness soon."

Dangerfield, whose catchphrase is "I can't get no respect", became known to US audiences during 1960s and 1970s appearances with Ed Sullivan and Dean Martin, and on the Tonight Show.

His movie credits include Little Nicky, Back to School and Caddyshack.

I don't remember seeing his wife in the past either, unless I saw her and didn't know who it was.

_39191397_dangerfield_body_ap.jpg

majesticpre.jpg

Not too long before this heart surgery, a reporter asked Rodney how long he would be in the hospital and Rodney replied, "If all goes well, about a week...if not, about an hour and a half".

Sincerely,

...Downhome...

Not too long before this heart surgery, a reporter asked Rodney how long he would be in the hospital and Rodney replied, "If all goes well, about a week...if not, about an hour and a half".

Brilliant

That's his wife? Yeah, I'm sure she is madly in love with him.

Dunno if yer being sarcastic or not, but if so, why not? Alot of hot chicks go for the funny guys, hell Nikki Cox is banging Bobcat....

but anyway, hope Rodney pulls through.

Guest Agent of Oblivion

He's not looking too good. If he does live, he'll be puttering around his house for a year or two, and that'll be it.

Guest Dynamite Kido

What the hell? Where did this come from? Hopefully he gets better, definately one of the first people to get me into comedy that I ever saw.....

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's not that surprising considering he had some pretty major brain surgery last year.

Guest Agent of Oblivion
He's not looking too good. If he does live, he'll be puttering around his house for a year or two, and that'll be it.

Morbid much?

Yeah, probably. I don't WANT the guy to die or anything, but lets face the facts here, he's 86, in a coma, and has had a bunch of surgery lately.

Guest Vitamin X

Rodney's been in a coma and noone's known about it? He really doesn't get any respect.

*canned laughter*

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Rodney is responsible for two landmark 80's movies:

Caddyshack and Back to School. I'd cry if he died.