TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Exslade ZX

The OaO Smackdown thread

Smackdown moment of tonights show was not the dart, or the frogsplash off Bg Show, it was Mark Jindrak...running with scissors....hahaha

Is it just me or did Luther Reigns remind you of Reno when he hit that neckbreaker on Eddie?

Cole getting Heidenraped...that expression makes him look exactly like the "Buderick" puppet on Princess Kelly's show (Married...with Children).

What the hell was Cole rambling about when he said Reigns has been shot, stabbed, been in prison and had his throat slit?

I'm watching the show on tape since I had class during it. Anyways, I was wondering why not make Torrie and Dawn managers of someone. I mean they're just used for pointless T&A anyways, they could still do that as managers. I mean, in-character, what the fuck is their point on Smackdown anyways? There's no title for them to be going after. Why not have them do SOMETHING?

This show has some good wrestling going on, but the women's travesty(which seems to confirm what they said on the DVD board about Moolah and Mae) and the tranquillizer deal just ruined this show for me. Those two events are then lowest Smackdown's gone as far as I know, and really, only the necrophelia angle is worse than this stuff, I think.

I'm watching the show on tape since I had class during it. Anyways, I was wondering why not make Torrie and Dawn managers of someone. I mean they're just used for pointless T&A anyways, they could still do that as managers. I mean, in-character, what the fuck is their point on Smackdown anyways? There's no title for them to be going after. Why not have them do SOMETHING?

Valets don't get wrestlers over, and they couldn't pull off a true MANAGER role. Well, Torrie couldn't. Dawn showed promise of being able to pull it off when she started...but then she inexplicably began drooling over Vince and became a Smackdown "Diva" with no real explanation given.

They paired Torrie with Kidman on camera before...despite the fact they were engaged then and are married now, they have as much on-air chemistry as oil and water. Even knowing those two were dating, it was almost impossible to believe it based on the way they acted.

The closest I think they got it right with Torrie was when she was with Tajiri. Then they screwed that up with that stereotypical abusive Japanese guy crap, with her rebelling by wanting to strip down to her undies. GURLPOWR!!

The only decent female manager WWE's had in a long time was Sunny, and they don't seem interested in finding another woman like that, thinking looking good is good enough.

EDIT: Okay, there's Trish, but that was an accident on WWE's part, and I don't really think of her as a manager.

Those two events are then lowest Smackdown's gone as far as I know, and really, only the necrophelia angle is worse than this stuff, I think.

What about Big Show's coffin ride back in 1999 (although at least that was hilarious in a bad way, thanks to the late Bossman), Al Wilson/Dawn Marie (anything involving the entire angle), or Eddie Guerrero's mother having a "heart attack"?

Okay, I'll take Al, but neither of the other two are near as bad as one of the "legends" sitting on Torrie(I couldn't tell who was who)

Guest Big Daddy V1

You got to admit, that tranquilzer dart was cool, but I saw it coming when the case came out.

I'm loving the Kidman/London thing. They got to have Kidman duck out as much as possible, at least till Survivor Series, like pull an injury angle where he gets another guy to face London at the PPV (Spike maybe? Dudleys?)

And I also had a horrible feeling that Moolah and Mae Young, the 2 worst things in wrestling today, would make a comeback.

About Johnny The Genius Heidenrapist....

It just occurred to me that before Nathan Jones debuted using the "clumsy idiot who can't wrestle" gimmick (see also: Tyson Tomko), there were plans to make him an EEEEEVIL genius. I don't know how they were going to do that. However, now it all makes sense. Vince's idea of an EEEEEVIL genius is a guy who either a) gives long, boring, rambling promos about how great he is and wins almost all his matches, usually by outsmarting his dumbass face challengers or b) a guy who does standard heel stuff, but also READS POETRY and commits the occasional sex offense.

Since HHH is now and was back then still using gimmick a, perhaps gimmick b is what was in store for Jones?

Don't forget the original Nathan Jones gimmick was that he was a mastermind who planned mass prison escapes and shit like that. Heidenreich has looked weird so far, but definitely not like a genius.

I was out, so I taped it...fast forwarded most of it. Notes: They killed Vis. Damnit.

I hate how they always go half ass on a new Smackdown. They always seem to just go with new music, opening, and graphics...but that's it. They just need a total make over.

Austin looks weird as hell without the goatee. He looks a lot skinner too.

Cena's rap was weird...you'd think Rock would of come out right after or something.

Enjoyed Angle's promo..they should give him more.

Noticed Hogan wasn't referred to as Hulk Hogan, but Hollywood Hogan instead because the Marvel deal expired, AND they also edited out "Hulk", too.

Still dont' understand Big Show as face, but I still don't understand a lot about WWE these days.

Another forgettable wrestling show.

Valets don't get wrestlers over, and they couldn't pull off a true MANAGER role. Well, Torrie couldn't. Dawn showed promise of being able to pull it off when she started...but then she inexplicably began drooling over Vince and became a Smackdown "Diva" with no real explanation given.

They paired Torrie with Kidman on camera before...despite the fact they were engaged then and are married now, they have as much on-air chemistry as oil and water. Even knowing those two were dating, it was almost impossible to believe it based on the way they acted.

The closest I think they got it right with Torrie was when she was with Tajiri. Then they screwed that up with that stereotypical abusive Japanese guy crap, with her rebelling by wanting to strip down to her undies. GURLPOWR!!

The only decent female manager WWE's had in a long time was Sunny, and they don't seem interested in finding another woman like that, thinking looking good is good enough.

EDIT: Okay, there's Trish, but that was an accident on WWE's part, and I don't really think of her as a manager.

The women's division is more viable now than it was in the days of Miss Elizabeth and Sensational Sherri. Now, if you're a woman who isn't afraid to get involved, you're a full time wrestler, not somebody's valet.

Having said that, there's no reason for them not to be taking the non-wrestling women that clutter the roster and have them paired with somebody. You won't get a midcarder over just by putting him with a piece of eye candy, but at least the diva would be doing SOMETHING to warrant a paycheck.

The women's division is more viable now than it was in the days of Miss Elizabeth and Sensational Sherri. Now, if you're a woman who isn't afraid to get involved, you're a full time wrestler, not somebody's valet.

Having said that, there's no reason for them not to be taking the non-wrestling women that clutter the roster and have them paired with somebody. You won't get a midcarder over just by putting him with a piece of eye candy, but at least the diva would be doing SOMETHING to warrant a paycheck.

I've noticed they use the eye-candy more often on the house shows...but that still doesn't make a lot of sense.

However, I'm more pleased to see them making monthly appearances and going away rather then being major parts of a feud paired with Billy Gunn.

It's a little surprising that Gangrel is able to get away with posing/spitting the VISCOUS RED FLUID on the apron...eh, guess it's different enough.

Guest Evolution

Didn't catch all of Smackdown since I was watching Ghost World, but I did see the main event. The only problem I had with the after-match shenanigans was the hair cutting. It was ridiculous and I don't really know why they did it if not to just get Big Show bald. It's not a very nefarious move for a new heel stable to be making, but I guess if you've gotta be unique, you bring out the shears.

For some reason, the last segment worked for me. Cutting off Big Show hair make him go HOSS SMASH RATINGS CRASH~!

And Heidenrape.... I don't know why... but I find his gimmick to be quite interesting. He's a guy who has obviously got issues... so he expresses them through poetry. Now... I've never heard of any HOSS do that in my life. This gimmick may have some legs. I can't believe they got me interested in what Heidenrape is going to do next.

Guest Anglesault

Scary thought: That last segment had to go through several people in order to be approved.

Guest Anglesault

Is anyone else kind of bothered that Angle is being portrayed as bitter for being mad at the guy who tried to kill him?

Is anyone else kind of bothered that Angle is being portrayed as bitter for being mad at the guy who tried to kill him?

I have to agree with you there, AS. I mean come on...they haven't really done anything to make Big Show a face, forgetting everything that happened in the past...at the very least they could have had Show make a heartfelt apology to Angle, who then turns on him and beats the shit out of him. I mean for Christ's sakes, the man DID try to KILL him. Where's the realism?

So yeah...is anyone here ordering No Mercy? The only match that looks like it could be good so far is Kidman/London.

Scary thought: That last segment had to go through several people in order to be approved.

It really wasn't bad at all.

I don't know why people have a problem with it.