TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DrVenkman PhD

WWE 24/7

Guest abowen33

From what I gather it'll be a on-demand channel. I have Time Warner Digital Cable and have about 15 or 20 other on demand channels, like 'Adult Swim On Demand' and 'Anime Network On Demand' and 'Food Network On Demand'. They also offer HBO On Demand for $6 if you've got HBO so you can watch episodes of the Sopranos whenever you want. I'm also under the assumption that this is gonna be a subscription On Demand channel, but more monthly then 'pay per view' basis. I'd pay probably up to $15 for the damn thing if they make me :( :( :( Up my cable bill to $130 a month :bonk:

This is fucking stupid.

Why don't they just get their own PPV channel and put it on cable and satellite? They would definitely get more customers that way.

Guest Salacious Crumb

It's not encouraging to me that they haven't even mentioned a price for this yet. They could easily ruin this by wanting $30 a month for it.

I'm a little confused.

He says 4-5 hours of programming a week, which is reflected on the schedule.

He then says that if you want to see the WM 3 match, you can pull it up?

The WWE rep misinterpreted the question.

He said Wrestlemania III will be available in some form (highlights/select matches) as part of a future programming block which will be aired sometime around Wrestlemania XXI.

Guest JericholicEdgeHead

What suprises me is that there has been NO mention by WWE of any cable providers that are going to be offering this.

I have a feeling this is going to start on a VERY limited basis on VERY few cable cable companies, and WWE is banking on the fans to sell this for them, as in hounding their cable companies for this. Information has been non exsistant for WWE 24/7 as of now and if they are going to roll this out in October you would have thought we would know more.

Strange that they announce a lineup but not where/when/how this is available

Looks damn sweet if this is how it turns out

Monday Night War

WWE 24/7 relives the week-by-week WAR waged between Turner and WWE, with exclusive retrospective commentary and insight interspersed among Raw and Nitro's best battles – a back-story to wrestling's backbone. Each episode presents Monday Night Raw and Monday Nitro in their entirety, with compelling insight by host Michael Cole.

That might be fine and dandy when they're both only an hour long, but what about when they starting hitting the multi-hour episodes. Some cuts are going to have to be made (Nitro girls, I'm looking in your direction)

You kidding? The Nitro Girl footage will stay.

The Cruiserweight matches will go. :P

Well...this settles it...now I have to upgrade to digital cable.

Check with people in your area to see what's being offered. What you get can vary wildly from what people in the next town are getting, thanks to an industry that's been slow to update the infastructure.

I emailed Comcast in my area about it, and they said that they have no info on it yet, but my request for 24-7 HAS been entered into the database.

I'm probably wrong, but I thought I remembered reading on WWE.com or somewhere that it would be only $10-15 a month, which isn't that bad.

Guest complete confusion

I'm pretty excited about this, and While it's lacking inital content...I believe it's a prototype that will lead the likely real "24 hour -7 days a week" Wrestling Channel.

I like this, Im sure Vince will be able to see what is the most "demanded" and gauge that for future dvd releases.

I'm sure TWDC(what i get) will get this one.

In the Saturday site update on WO, Meltz says the schedule that was released was more or less a prototype and they are still months away from fully launching this (my interpretation, anyway). On another note, I shelled out money for Jukebox today ($4? Why not) and am quite happy with it so far. Apparently they'll be billing me $4 every month until I tell them to stop, but like I said, it's only $4 for 20 matches of varying length and quality.

Even though the WWE web site gave the impression that 24/7 will be launched next month, we're told it is still in the formation stages and there is no set date right now for it being launched. The presumption is it is months away from being at full speed. I believe the listing on the web site listed here yesterday is just as example of what a monthly purchase price would bring

How On Demand works: you pay x fee per month, let's say $10. Ok for 10 bucks, you'll have acces to a digital library of content that will be updated throughout the month. You scroll down the list and choose the program you want to play, and play it whenever you want. Which makes it different than PPV which is a fee per program. This is a flat monthly rate giving you unlimited access to all the content avaliable under that On Demand channel.

Here is the response I got from my cable company:

Thank you for your programming inquiry. Although we do not plan to add WWE

24/7 to our On Demand lineup in the near future, we do consider customer

requests when we have the opportunity to add new channels to the lineup. I

will forward your message to our marketing department for future

consideration.

My email will most likely be seeing the "database".

Guest Trivia247
How On Demand works: you pay x fee per month, let's say $10. Ok for 10 bucks, you'll have acces to a digital library of content that will be updated throughout the month. You scroll down the list and choose the program you want to play, and play it whenever you want. Which makes it different than PPV which is a fee per program. This is a flat monthly rate giving you unlimited access to all the content avaliable under that On Demand channel.

hmm grrr seems then this is more for the Comcast crowd and DVR and not actual Digital Cable. Cox doesn't that record or play later stuff.

I'm no longer even considering this a viable option for me.

I'll just sit back and wait for The Horror Channel instead. Since I have a better chance of that happening than WWE 24-7 with "insight" from Michael god damn Cole of all people.

What's next? Commentary where we get to listen to Jerry Lawler jerking off to the Nitro girls?

You'd THINK  the damn WWE 24/7 website would tell who's actually carrying this fucking thing.

I don't think you understand quite how this company works.

Doing something like that, you see, would be doing what the fans want.

Don't forget be something that serves to show this "billion dollar company" to have any sanity ;) Again, WHY! :P

I'm still with the wait and see approach with this company and its "can't miss" ventures. I mean let's not forget the list of casualties over the years shall we.

IS this avaiable in canada?

Vince has put us on the Blackballed list. I mean he has prevented us from entering the ever so enticing WWE fantasy draft. Plus, he is probably laughing at Bret and Montreal right now. ;)