TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

Guest GreatOne

Man without the A's making excuses for why they couldn't win that third game these playoffs are gonna be different than the last few. Guess I can put the 'They got ALCS in their name and they still can't spell it' jokes away now................

Guest Anglesault
How long until the Moneyball retorts really start flooding?

It's gonna get messy. On one side, you'll have the anti-Money Ballers celebrating this loss and pointing out every time in the season someone could have bunted.

On the flip side, half the Moneyballers will close their eyes, stuff their ears and scream how this year was a smashing success. The other half will declare the regular season a crapshoot.

Yes!

Anaheim Angels: American League West Champions 2004!

It's a celebration, bitch! Too bad the Red Sox will clobber them in the ALDS this week.

It's not definitive yet.

If Minnesota sweeps Cleveland tomorrow, Anaheim plays NY while Boston goes to Minnesota

Personally I'd rather have it that way since Anaheim plays NY well but Boston plays well against Anaheim, so I'd like to see an Anaheim-Boston ALCS...

Funny, I remember that happening before, sorta. Seems so long ago now

Giants walk in a run, 3-1, Izturis at the plate. Well there's no way he's hitting a grand slam, but he damn well better put the ball somewhere in the outfield.

Guest Staravenger
Yes!

Anaheim Angels: American League West Champions 2004!

It's a celebration, bitch! Too bad the Red Sox will clobber them in the ALDS this week.

It's not definitive yet.

If Minnesota sweeps Cleveland tomorrow, Anaheim plays NY while Boston goes to Minnesota

Personally I'd rather have it that way since Anaheim plays NY well but Boston plays well against Anaheim, so I'd like to see an Anaheim-Boston ALCS...

Shit, I forgot that. I can't believe I'm doing this...Go Minnesota! (waves a tiny little Twins flag). Wait no...oh hell, I don't care. The Yankees won't make it to the ALCS

Guest GreatOne

I'll just say this, the playoffs got a helluva lot more interesting

Sorry to beat a dead horse, Bored, but when the Mariners have as many wins as the A's do in Sept/Oct that's one more team that should be anywhere BUT the playoffs.

holy crap.. Izturis hits a routine grounder to the shortstop, game should be over, Cody Ransom MISSES the ball, Dodgers score, 3-2. Bases loaded, 1 out, Werth at the plate.

Defensive replacement Cody Random duffs a ball, giving the Dodgers a run. And, inexplicably, Alou pulls the plug on Christiansen and brings in Matt Herges, to ensure that the Giants will at least go out in a blaze of glory.

And the same scenario for MLBTV (from earlier) holds true for the Dodger-Giants game

If these games are on "national" TV I'm sure not finding them anywhere

Guest GreatOne
Defensive replacement Cody Random duffs a ball, giving the Dodgers a run.

I guess we can call him a 'random' defensive replacement? :lol:

OK that was underwhelming..........................

STEVE FINLEY GRAND SLAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey L.A. Times and ESPN, all you idiots who ripped DePodesta (hey he believes in Moneyball too) how does it feel now???

Assholes by the Bay lose, Dodgers clinch the West...THANK GOD!

Pleassssssssssse Astros save my baseball sanity for this year. I hate having to root for any team with Roger Clemens but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Guest GreatOne

Well so much for all these experts that said Florida BUTT-fucked LA at the deadline..........

Guest Staravenger

Crap my ass, the Dodgers won!? Shit, I thought they were fucked with the complete fucking around with the roster at the Trade deadline.

Guest Smues

LA gets 7 in the bottom of the 9th. Wow. And the best part was seeing mlb.com still have a photo of bonds and the title that said something about Bonds and Giants lead LA, even though right below it it has the 7-3 final score.

Steve FUCKING Finley, You have got to be shittin me.

DePodesta didn't pull the trigger on Finley, he was a hand wrapped gift from the Joe Garigiola Jr and the Arizona Diamondbacks.

I can't stand LA winning the west.

Guest Smues

And I just saw that mlb.com said Larry Bowa is toast. I'm glad, just for the fact that now I won't have to listen to the FIRE LARRY BOWA crowd everytime they lose 3 in a row.

Guest Anglesault
Man without the A's making excuses for why they couldn't win that third game these playoffs are gonna be different than the last few.

Wow, I didn't even think about that.

Tis a sad day indeed.

Guest GreatOne
Steve FUCKING Finley, You have got to be shittin me.

DePodesta didn't pull the trigger on Finley, he was a hand wrapped gift from the Joe Garigiola Jr and the Arizona Diamondbacks.

I can't stand LA winning the west.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can we have another thread next week about how MLB wants a Red Sox/Yankees ALCS again so the Angels and Twins will get BUTT-fucked on every call?

I'll add to that

MLB wants a NY-StL WS (just like the good ol' days)

Fox wants a NY-LA WS (just like the good ol' days, but with higher ratings)

Guest GreatOne

Actually I think with the exception of the Twins, cause at least with the Halos you can pimp Vlad, there's probably not a 'bad' (ratings-wise) team in the playoffs................

Fox just wants the Yankees to make the series, and play the Red Sox in the LCS so that they can show the Buckner clip four times a fucking game.

Being a Red Sox fan, I'd love to see them in the World Series, obviously, but I don't want the Cardinals to be there playing them. I think the Cards could be the real deal.