TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

I didn't even realize until this morning

Both Dusty Baker's current team and previous team (almost) managed themselves right out of the playoffs yesterday

Actually, you could say that Alou's already managed them out of today's game as well, with his bullpen use - Brower has a tight elbow from 89 appearances this year, which means that almost everybody that's "available" in the Giants bullpen (I don't think Eyre was used) is going to be tired from throwing yesterday.

Hermanson has also thrown in five straight games (including a 30-plus pitching outing yesterday). It's all for moot, though, as Houston looks to be well on their way to securing the Wild Card, up 4-0 right now.

Guest Smues

Damnit Roger I wanted you to pitch today. Now Atlanta gets to deal with Clemens and Oswalt right off the bat. I have a bad bad bad feeling about this NLDS.

I don't see this Atlanta-Houston DS being any different than the others

Roger will remember he's in an Astros uniform in October and collapse (a la Johnson in '98)

Guest Staravenger

Remember, any team can win it all. In 2001, the DIAMONDBACKS won. Of course, they aquired the two best pitchers in baseball, so maybe that devalues the win.

Guest GreatOne
Yea- Roger and his "stomach virus."

The Braves don't choke as badly as the Astros. They've won a playoff series before

Three of them against the Astros.

Even though a lot of speculation on Steve Stone's future with the Cubs has been the talk around town, Chip Caray is actually the one on his way out. He'll be parting with WGN after today and joining his father in the booth to do Braves games next year, according to an Atlanta paper.

That'll be weird. I like Chip, but he's always come off more as a fan than as an announcer. The Braves commentators have always come off as pretty knowledgable in the past, so I don't know how Chip getting into the picture will figure out.

Cox is obsessed with going 3 man rotations which I never get. The Braves don't sweep series anymore. At least go with Wright, Thompson, Ortiz and Hampton.

He also overmanages and uses his bench way too much

Guest Smues

Injuries are going to hurt the Braves I fear. That and the bullpen has never been that great this season. As for Chip going to Atlanta, who is he going to replace? Because if it's anyone other then Joe Simpson I'm going to be mad.

Who is hurt though?

Chipper didn't need X-Rays and is good to go. Thompson's back is troubling but their starting pitching is deep enough. Apparently Hampton is fine too.

Alfonseca and Smotlz were very good and they have Colon and Cruz. Ortiz, Byrd and Ramirez are awesome coming out of the pen if needed.

I'm fucking pissed at Houston and the 'stomach virus'

Guest Smues

Yeah that virus seems suspicious. I just don't know if Atlanta can get wins against Clemens and/or Oswalt, and they'll have to to win the series.

Guest Staravenger

Are you mad because they are claiming something thats fake, or that the Braves will have to play Roger Clemens in Game 1? (Or maybe both)

They have to beat Oswalt twice and someone else once.

But the Astros have to beat Jaret Wright, John Thompson and Hampton. All three of those guys have been streaking lately and will be tough to beat.

I think the Braves match up better offensively and if the starters can be solid- they can toe to toe with the pen.

But Go Rockies!!!

Are you mad because they are claiming something thats fake, or that the Braves will have to play Roger Clemens in Game 1? (Or maybe both)

Both.

I think the stomach virus is bullshit.

And I don't want to face Clemens twice in a best of 5 series.

Guest Staravenger

Ha! If the Rockies come back, I'll change my name to "Fag of the Century".

I'm going to hold you to that.

I really wish the Braves could've drawn the Dodgers. They beat the Astros in 2001 when everyone and their mother predicted an Astros ass whooping and the Braves just don't seem to lose this year. I'm confident they can win.

Yeah, my baseball sanity for the season is saved. Now I hope Roger and the Astros go down in flames in the NLDS.

It's a long shot but I suppose I'm rooting for a Dodgers/Twins World Series. Rooting for the Dodgers for Paul DePodesta in the N.L. (wouldn't mind the Cardinals with LaRussa and Braves are a good story this year) and the Twins by default in the A.L.

Guest Staravenger

Lidge strikes out the side for the Astros. (thank God) Yankees vs. Astros is my World Series pick!

It's funny; I flipped over to the Giants game immediately after and they showed Bonds apathetically slapping hands with everyone in the dugout, grabbing his stuff and heading down to the clubhouse.

To think, if Ransom gets that groundball, the Giants have a shot at winning; moreover, if the Giants' pen doesn't suck, they play a game 163.

I swear to god, the Braves better win.

I blame the Giants for allowing the Astros into the postseason, since it's useless to pile on the Cubs at this point. If they hadn't pissed away the third game of their series with Houston last week in the ninth inning like they did, the Astros would have come out of it 4 games back instead of only 2, and wouldn't have been a factor this last week.

Goddamn this sucks.

GO BRAVES!