TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

MLB Game Chatter Thread

I certainly hope if it does come down to that, they keep Roger the hell out of Monument Park. He'd make it so...dirty.

So, which pitcher would you rather see the Yanks face in a potential seventh game at the Stadium:

Weaver or Rocket?

Guest Anglesault
I certainly hope if it does come down to that, they keep Roger the hell out of Monument Park. He'd make it so...dirty.

So, which pitcher would you rather see the Yanks face in a potential seventh game at the Stadium:

Weaver or Rocket?

Weaver. He had a history of losing the World Series for his team. Plus, there's a 50/50 chance that some drunk will throw at and him him with the 50 dollar program.

Wow it's really amazing that a man with several sick kids in his house gets the flu from them. Holy fucking shit. I hope the Astros rain on the parade of the Braves and all the Braves fans.

Wow it's really amazing that a man with several sick kids in his house gets the flu from them. Holy fucking shit. I hope the Astros rain on the parade of the Braves and all the Braves fans.

Beat it, you fairweather bandwagon fan.

Nice of TSA to show up after the Astros already make the playoffs

They'll last about as long in the playoffs as her credibility in an LSD thread

ALCS won't seem the same without Yanks vs. Sox.

Now, come on, we could get a rematch of that thrilling 2002 ALCS.

I can't remember a single thing that happened in that series.

I do. Game five (I think). The Angels are one inning away from making the World Series for the first time in history. Troy Percival is on the mound, and it is merely a formality. A magical march to the title, right. Of course, just as soon as Fox finishes showing a commercial, followed by another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial. Seriously, fox spent EIGHT FUCKING MINUTES showing commercials in order to fulfill contractual obligations, and got back barely in time for the third out. Fuck fox.

Just saw the playoff preview on ESPN News.

Kruk and Reynolds both took Yankees, both took Angels, both took Cardinals. Kruk chose Braves, Reynolds chose Stros.

Guest Smues
I do. Game five (I think). The Angels are one inning away from making the World Series for the first time in history. Troy Percival is on the mound, and it is merely a formality. A magical march to the title, right. Of course, just as soon as Fox finishes showing a commercial, followed by another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial. Seriously, fox spent EIGHT FUCKING MINUTES showing commercials in order to fulfill contractual obligations, and got back barely in time for the third out. Fuck fox.

Oh geez how did I forget about that one. Had crap like that in 2002 (and all the Bond's love "This is Barry Bonds' world series and we're just watching it!"), all the "Skin" ads last year, I wonder what annoying fox thing will annoy us in 2004.

Guest GreatOne

Under the radar, the Mariners lose a series at the Safe to the Rangers for the first time in its' five year history.

Edgar goes out with a whimper, grounding into a DP in the 8th with 2 on and 1 out. But not all was lost, he played at third for one pitch. We'll miss you, 'Gar

Mariners' final winning pct. 389 (63-99), Ichiro ends up with two more hits to finish with 262, and a .372 avg., obviously both club records.

In the words of Beavis, 'M heh, glad that's over!'

I do.  Game five (I think).  The Angels are one inning away from making the World Series for the first time in history.  Troy Percival is on the mound, and it is merely a formality.  A magical march to the title, right.  Of course, just as soon as Fox finishes showing a commercial, followed by another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial, and another commercial.  Seriously, fox spent EIGHT FUCKING MINUTES showing commercials in order to fulfill contractual obligations, and got back barely in time for the third out.  Fuck fox.

Oh geez how did I forget about that one. Had crap like that in 2002 (and all the Bond's love "This is Barry Bonds' world series and we're just watching it!"), all the "Skin" ads last year, I wonder what annoying fox thing will annoy us in 2004.

Don't forget in '02: The repeated pimping of "Girl's Club", which after the WS would go on to air for a whopping three episodes

"Skin" suffered a similar fate a year later

Maybe FOX will learn not to overshill shows during the playoffs... or let shows air for more than three weeks before shitcanning them, but that's another issue I guess

Guest Smues

Oh god how did I forget about Girls Club? I was happy when that tanked. they hyped it like mad, but the ads were far far less annoying then the Skin ones. YOU CAN'T TELL ME NOT TO SEE HIM! HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!

Guest Smues

All I really remember from the Girls Club ads was the Gynecologist falling asleep and falling between the ladies legs, and that they kept saying how great it was because it was a David E. Kelly show. All this GC talk reminded me that last year CBS kept hyping the Brother hood of pollad new hampshire and that bombed too. Is there a new David E. Kelley show coming this fall that can tank? Besides Boston Legal, sadly that one I'm sure will do well.

Guest GreatOne

It's got WILLIAM SHATNER, THE RATINGS GRABBER!!!!!!!! (See my sig)

And for those of us on the west coast, it's on at 10 :D

Guest Staravenger
"HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!!"

That quote still haunts my nightmares.

You son of a bitch! I wiped that god damn line from my memory, and now it's haunting me again. I forever hold a grudge against you, and curse the Red Sox for all eternity!

Guest Anglesault
"HIS FATHER IS THE DISTRICT ATTORNEY!!"

That quote still haunts my nightmares.

::seizures::

Guest Staravenger
In Fox's defence-

His father was the district attorney

:lol: Sometimes the funniest of jokes have the least amount of effort in them.