TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Angels/Red Sox ALDS Thread

Tuesday, Oct. 5

Boston (Schilling 21-6) at Anaheim (Washburn 11-8), 4:09 p.m. (ESPN)

Wednesday, Oct. 6

Boston (Martinez 16-9) at Anaheim (Colon 18-12), 10:09 p.m. (ESPN)

Friday, Oct. 8

Anaheim (Escobar 11-12) at Boston (Arroyo 10-9 or Wakefield 12-10), 4:09 p.m. (ESPN)

Saturday, Oct. 9

Anaheim at Boston, if necessary

Sunday, Oct. 10

Boston at Anaheim, if necessary

Guest webmasterofwrestlegame

I think there will be a Game 4 - I think Schilling and Escobar will take their games, but that Martinez / Colon match-up will be real close if Colon pitches like we know he can.

Guest Sylvan Grenier

Ah, Thunderstix. Allow me to show my appreciation and support by banging together a pair of large inflatable penises.

Guest Smues

My girlfriend has John Cena "Word Life" Thundersticks, if all the Angels fans pulled those out that'd be rad.

Guest Staravenger

Are the Thunderstix those stupid red things they pound together non-stop for three hours?

Guest Staravenger

I know one thing everyone can do with those stupid sticks...it involves lubrication, a small hole, and a shove.

Oh by the way it's 5-0 and I think Washburn is already out of the game before the middle of the 4th.

The rally monkey wipes his ass with 5-0 leads. Especially with this Angels offense.

Alright, check that last thought. There's no coming back from this.

Did Glaus's last homer remind anyone else of something from "Major League"? The cheers and fireworks seem like they should be sarcastic, when they're still down seven runs in the 4th inning.

That error wasn't Molina's fault, Figgins airmailed what looked like an easy force play. I don't think we'll be seeing him playing third anymore.

Now I'm hoping that the Santana/Mussina matchup is good tonight, or this would have been a rather dull first day of the playoffs with the lack of close games.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

8-3

The Angels slapped Schilling around just enough to knock that chip off his shoulder. If, and this is a very big IF, the Angels come back here...heck, even if they make it close, I'm going to doubt the Red Sox's chances in this series. This looked decisive for awhile.

Fucking Terry. TAKE SCHILLING OUT IN THE SEVENTH SO YOU CAN REST HIM FOR GAME FOUR. YOU ARE WINNING BY SEVEN RUNS. DO YOU REALIZE SOMEONE LOST HIS JOB IN BOSTON BECAUSE HE LEFT A PITCHER IN TOO LONG. BULLPEN IS WELL RESTED AND THAT'S WHAT THEY ARE THERE FOR. THAT. FUCKING. SIMPLE.

Please don't tell me he's going to do this shit when (if) we get to the Yankees in a few weeks.

Now then...9-3.

I'm fine now.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

They should've taken him out when it was 8-0. Getting smacked around in his last two innings kinda ruins it for them. But the Red Sox will win, and win this series.

It ruins his performance, no doubt. He pitched a hell of a game...they just left him in WAY too long for playoff baseball. There's no reason to keep him in their at the possibility of getting injuried, losing energy for the next game, having stats ruined...I mean, if it was fucking Arroyo in there I could give a shit. But Schilling IS the number one pitcher on the ball club and there's just no logical reason for keeping him in that long.

I'm not flipping out because they WILL win the game, I'm flipping out because I don't want to see it happens when it REALLY matters...say, against the Yankees.