TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Guest Smues

and now runners on the corners with 1 out, damn I wish JD hadn't been caught stealing. 1 out, dear god please no DP

Guest Smues

Ok, I know I'm biased towards Atlanta so I can't judge this objectively, so i ask: are the announcers biased towards Houstin, or is it just me?

Ok, I know I'm biased towards Atlanta so I can't judge this objectively, so i ask: are the announcers biased towards Houstin, or is it just me?

Nope. I hate Houston, but even I can't avoid praising them for all they've done correctly in the last two months. Doesn't help that Atlanta has looked completely annemic in this series until now, so there hasn't been much to praise in their favor.

This has been a pretty interesting game...

Its nice to see ScrapIron Garner seeing some managerial success after leaving my pathetic homestate favorites, the Milwaukee Brewers.

But the Atros haven't looked good at all today. They have been outhit, they just got lucky with Bagwell and Chavez. Biggo missed that bunt, which could have cost them. The Braves finally put something together.

Question they had while I was driving home from work was, with all the major league authorites there can they not make a ruling on the protest. You would think they would be able to rule right then and there.

It's time for Drew to come through for the first time in the series.

Never mind. That's pretty bad that Smoltz gets a hit to lead off the inning and then doesn't score, especially since Lidge isn't completely on today.

Guest Smues

And he strikes out. Damn that would have been a great ending, with Smoltz being the winning run.

Guest Brian

Is Dave "I know Braves baseball and we never plunk anyone. EVER! Brantley!" Justice announcing?

Guest Smues

Damn I about jumped through my ceiling. Series is tied 1-1. We win in walkoff fashion, now Atlanta needs to take some momentum into Houstin. The fact that they've won I think 18 in a row at home is scary.

Astros might be in a bit of trouble now, as their pitching drops off rather dramatically for at least game 3.

I can't see Clemens going on Sunday (unless it's to save the season) after the way he extended himself yesterday.

Fuck, what a shot. FURCAL~!

Guest Anglesault
Beautiful walkoff homerun

This thread sure seems anorexic compared to the others though

The other series all have a team with a real chance to win it all.

Edited by Anglesault

The Astros bullpen hasn't been all that rewarding this year. Their starting pitchers do well but the bullpen can't hold up the leads. You can't expect to score 8+ runs every game. The 'stros need major help if they want to advance further.

With the protest the Braves had the better hand anyway. The Astros better come out firing on Saturday.