TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

pssst, Bob.

The Braves really aren't THAT good.

PS. Its extremely frustrating that this game may hinder my chances of seeing the first few innings of the Yanks game up here in Canada. The Braves should just roll over and die...for my sake.

Why is TSA posting in the baseball thread?

Cuz she's a stupid fairweather bandwagon fan who's been absent from virtually every baseball-related thread this season, but shows up now that Houston's in the postseason. People like her should be punched in the face. Actually, I'd say that even if you eliminate the baseball aspect of all this.

Considering they won 95 games and had the second best record in the NL (this is all after at one point being 33-39) I'd say they are pretty damn good.

Just not today. They're a resilient team. Many teams have trouble putting them away.

Why is TSA posting in the baseball thread?

Cuz she's a stupid fairweather bandwagon fan who's been absent from virtually every baseball-related thread this season, but shows up now that Houston's in the postseason. People like her should be punched in the face. Actually, I'd say that even if you eliminate the baseball aspect of all this.

Bob, they are good, just not THAT good. I don't know anyone who called for them to defeat the Astros. Just don't have the pitching.

And I didn't post in any baseball threads this year, and here I am. Posting in TSM's baseball threads does not equate to one's enjoyment of the game. Unless she's just here to shamelessly and ignorantly flash generic "lets go Astros" comments.

The Braves are absolutely infuriating me right now. They've had baserunners in every inning and can't get anything going. Of course, it's Clemens, but they've had runners in scoring position in every inning so far and they've only scored one run (which came without courtesy of a hit).

Seems like they'll get a couple guys on with one out and then Clemens will get a big out that doesn't move the runners along.

Doesn't it suck?

Happened to the Yankees last night.

I don't understand the fans in Atlanta. They win the division 13 years in a row, and they can't even sell out a playoff game.

You've posted in some threads Banky- so I respect your opinion.

I think they can beat the Astros and still do. The Astros have loaded up teams before and always fall flat.

The Braves are a good team- they don't blow you away and no one posts real gawdy stats- but they just go out there and do what they have to do to win. It's just so far they haven't.

Atlanta is well known for having the worst fans in the world.

This is because no one who lives in Atlanta is from Atlanta and thus they haven't really grown up liking the Braves like other cities.

The Braves haven't really done anything since 99 so the fans have just become bored.

Roger Clemens "stomach virus" has been upgraded to almost being on his deathbed. Christ.

And I didn't post in any baseball threads this year, and here I am. Posting in TSM's baseball threads does not equate to one's enjoyment of the game. Unless she's just here to shamelessly and ignorantly flash generic "lets go Astros" comments.

That's basically what I've seen from her so far. Nothing insightful in the least. But then again, 'tis usually the case with Miss Arms.

Doesn't it suck?

Happened to the Yankees last night.

Yeah, but the Braves have had better scoring opportunities, I'd say. They stranded nine men in the first four innings. Even against Clemens, if you get that many baserunners, you've got to do something. And unlike the Yankees, the Braves aren't grounding into any doubleplays; they're just not getting the big hit when they need it.

Guest Smues

Damn I wish I lived in Atlanta since there's always playoff seats available. Stupid local fans.

Fun fact: Atlanta didn't get swept in ANY series this season. Let's hope that extends into the post season.

Guest Wart

Clemens threw 117 pitches. Im wondering how effective he'll be on 3 days rest, if he does pitch in game 4.

Guest Smues

They lost a bunch of series early on, and that streak I think was in june during interleague play they got raped. But they never got swept in any series, be it 2 3 4 or 5 game. Even when they were sucking. Only team in the majors this year that didn't get swept (don't ask me why I know that).

Fun fact: Atlanta didn't get swept in ANY series this season. Let's hope that extends into the post season.

Really?

I looked through the schedule and yes they weren't

Closest was 1-3 against Philly in early September

Guest Smues

First pitch, couldn't even wait a little to start sucking in the post season? thanks

Guest Smues

Nope, guess it was wrong. 9-3, Braves lose and put themselves in a hole. Tommorow is a must win because winning two in Houstin isn't happening.

Actually boys, I'm a baseball fan. I have season tickets to the Astros and have for years now. Just because I don't post in here doesn't mean I don't know what is going on. So to call me a bandwagaon fan is hardly the case, I just don't jump into baseball threads like AS and cry about every little thing.

Guest Anglesault
My roomate thinks I'm a psycho thanks to my long profane filled tirade directed at Resuckma and Marerro

Normal People just don't get it.

Actually boys, I'm a baseball fan. I have season tickets to the Astros and have for years now. Just because I don't post in here doesn't mean I don't know what is going on. So to call me a bandwagaon fan is hardly the case, I just don't jump into baseball threads like AS and cry about every little thing.

I think it's more of the timing than anything.

Most fans that have season tickets tend to talk about the sport a little bit more. Just saying.

Guest MikeSC
PS. Its extremely frustrating that this game may hinder my chances of seeing the first few innings of the Yanks game up here in Canada. The Braves should just roll over and die...for my sake.

So, the Braves are in the same position as the Yanks?

-=Mike

I also have a lot of things that have been going on. See but I wouldn't expect y'all to know that.

Right. Forget I even tried with you.