TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
EVIL~! alkeiper

Braves/Astros NLDS Thread

Guest Wart

Really disappointed by the Astros today, they just got outplayed. Hopfully Beltran wont go 0-5 on Saturday.

RAFAL FUCKING FURCAL!!!!!

I boarded the plane with us down 2-0, got off and find out we tied in the game, got in the car and heard that we won.

I'm glad they were able to beat Oswalt- even though I can't believe Smoltz went 3 innings.

Go Braves Go!

I'm glad they were able to beat Oswalt- even though I can't believe Smoltz went 3 innings.

Go Braves Go!

He was clearly losing his touch by the end of his third inning, but I can see why Cox went with him that long. He hadn't pitched since Saturday and in a must-win situation, you've gotta have your best out there if possible.

100% agree with you Bruiser. I was just shocked reading the box score and seeing Smoltz go 3 innings. It's like what Joe Torre does with Mariano.

Smoltz had been somewhat ineffective in September (The Reds lit him up in one game) but I can't believe the bullpen came through.

I thought the Braves had a stronger bullpen then the Astros and they really came through today. Hampton was solid.

Destroying Lidge's mystique in one game was a great momentum turner.

Game 3 is such a must win game. They can go up 2-1 and who knows if Rocket can go on Sunday

Guest Smues

My only regret on this glorius game 2 was Smoltz wasn't the winning run after his hit. That would have just been awesome, and he deserved a W for his efforts.

Beating at least Clemens or Oswalt was key for the Braves to even think about going to the next round, IMO. Now they've got the momentum they need to go into Houston and take care of business. Even dropping one still ensures the series goes back to Atlanta. Had they lost today's game, it would've been tough to even muster a win in Houston, since it would left the Braves flatter than they already were until the 7th inning.

Guest Smues

Oh man Thompson out after 4 pitches, I do not like that. (Nor do I like this being on ESPN2 which I don't have)

Paul Byrd is really good though- I just liked Thomson cause the guy didn't seem to lose.

Byrd got out of a jam in the first and he seems pumped.

Rocket is going in Game 4 so this is a must win

Guest Smues

Boo win or lose Clemens is game 4? Crap. And bryd can be good, but all these starting pitcher injuries are getting me worried. Gameday just said Thomas was hit by a pitch, I hope he's not hurt.

Thomas is fine I think.

Yea- Thomson's injury really pisses me off. The guy was pronounced fine, they pushed back his start and everything was okay.

Minute Maid Park is disgustingly small. I mean seriously- what the hell?

Oh and these called 3rd Ks are REALLY pissing me off. I mean- how do you not swing??

It's tough when you haven't seen the pitcher much or at all. I agree with Justice, though. No way did Thomas take that one on purpose. No one takes a pitch off the knee and with the pitcher on deck and two outs, no less.

Guest Smues

Fun pointless beaning fact: Atlanta hit the fewest batters this season, 27. 17 below the team that hit the 2nd most, Anaheim at 44. They were hit 59 times. No where near the top of teams being hit, but still a lot more times they got plunked then they ever hit anyone. And with all the injuries they had this year all those beanballs drove me nuts.

and Bryd strikes out with the bases loaded booo.

Yea- I know. Taking a called 3rd strike is one of my biggest baseball pet peeves. I don't think Thomas took that on purpose- he just was expecting a different pitch.

I really like Justice on commentary. He seems to know what he's talking about and makes a lot of good points.

The size of this park continues to frighten me.

I hate that he seems to delight in beating us.

The team that has scored first has lost every game so I'm still optimistic.

And once again- who designed this park??

Guest Smues

Bah I leave at 0-0 to take a shower, and now it's 2-0 Houstin.

As for Minute Maid Park it might be my favorite ballpark, for all the wrong reasons. The hill, the goofy meandering yellow line of DOOM, it's got everything to make a goofy game.