TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Cerebus

The OaO Presidential Debate II Thread

Bush came off really bad with his angry outburst...he really needs to regain his composure, hes been doing very well outside of that explosion.

Guest MikeSC
Good God, DISCUSS your plan for once, Kerry.

-=Mike

It's on the internets.

I got too much spam about drafts to look.

-=Mike

-=Mike

Hasn't he said that he will not do so until AFTER he possibly becomes president.

I remember a while back him saying that he had a plan to save lives, etc... but then went on to say he wouldn't talk about what his plan was until he was in office.

Bush should not have used the year 1993 when referencing Kerry's CIA vote...it means nothing in this post-911 world...

I actually like when Bush allows emotion to consume him in moments like this. To me it shows that it truly matters to him, he really means what he says, and it overall looks to me like he really believes in what he says.

But I can see how some wouldn't see it like that.

Because you're swooning over the rhetoric. This is politics, everyone LOOKS like they mean what they say, but all they really care about is the political ramifications.

Plus, this guy has his own reasons for wanting to stay in office. He's breaking up, though.

Guest MikeSC

Mentioning intel funding cuts is gold for Bush. And I think Bush's "stay on the offensive" plan is excellent.

-=Mike

-=Mike

Hasn't he said that he will not do so until AFTER he possibly becomes president.

I remember a while back him saying that he had a plan to save lives, etc... but then went on to say he wouldn't talk about what his plan was until he was in office.

Know what that sounds like? Sounds like Richard Nixon's secret plan to win in Vietnam, which is one of the talking points the Left had against Nixon before Watergate finally destroyed him.

Guest MikeSC
well, in 1993, we didn't really have a desperate need for military intelligence to have a huge budget like we had during the cold war...

After the first WTC bombing, yes, we VERY much did.

-=Mike

Guest GreatOne

I'd say Bush did significantly better on Iraq/Afghanistan than last week....................

well, in 1993, we didn't really have a desperate need for military intelligence to have a huge budget like we had during the cold war...

After the first WTC bombing, yes, we VERY much did.

-=Mike

Oh--I thought that was 94. My bad. However, Bush probably should have mentioned that.

This is politics, everyone LOOKS like they mean what they say,...

Now that's not true at all.

Well, that's the goal.

I think the stumbling (bilateralations, internets) and anger is the new version of Poppy Bush talking about getting cancer in regards to the national debt.

Servicable answer by Bush about the Canada drug importation... no one is going to like the answer but it's got solid thinking behind it.

Guest MikeSC

Bush's answer about drugs from Canada was really good, honestly.

-=Mike

...His other solutions are common sense and good...

Im quite curious to know what the effect Bush's angry outburst will have against an otherwise good performance on foreign issues in terms of public opinion...

Guest MikeSC
Jesus Christ...does he think we're Ethiopia up here examining drugs?

Nah. Just that unless we know it comes from America, we can't say EXACTLY where it came from.

-=Mike