TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Mandarin

An OAO SmackDown Thread for 10/7/04

Nobody is allowed to work a different style, so the in-ring action just isn't much fun anymore. I like watching hard hitting stuff where each guy has his own in-ring style, instead of everyone wrestling the "WWE main event" style.

Remember just a little over a year ago when Eddie Guerrero and Chris Benoit were feuding for this title?

Well...at least they've been elevated since then, I guess...

But the workrate difference between them and Cena/Carlito is just mind boggling.

I'll let you all in on a little secret.

Even I am geting sick of the WWE in ring style...and I'm talking very sick, sick as in I almost can't stand to watch matches anymore sick.

As I always say, I still watch since you never know when something might shock you out of nowhere and be a good match, but it's really a chore to watch almost all of the matches here lately.

Guest Salacious Crumb

What bugs me is that they make the cruisers wrestle like mini-heavyweights.

Back to Tomko...he just needs some time for his own character and not as Christian's lacky. Same deal happened with Nash, and he became a star.

As for the last good match...that's really hard to say. The PPVs have been really weak since Backlash, and nothing on TV has been HOLY SHIT THAT'S AWESOME.

Last match that SHOULD of been a classic was probably...Triple H vs. Benoit in the Ironman on Raw this summer.

I think WWE is due for a good match. Hopefully we see it soon.

I think WWE is due for a good match. Hopefully we see it soon.

WWE missed that opportunity a long time ago with someone suggesting Benoit vs. Jericho for the World Heavyweight title in Winnipeg, I think.

Maybe we will still see a truly great match in WWE before the end of this year, though.

Carlito Cool sucks SO FAR wrestling-wise, but man his schtick is kinda funny...what's up with his theme music though? It completely cuts off halfway through for his "spit" line and then starts over again. It sounds like someone hitting the back button on a CD Player. if it wasn't for that I would dig it...Would be nice to actually see this guy work a full match rather than get his ass handed to him for most of it only to cheat in the end to win...

He needs work, but I like him already. He's something different and I welcome someone new other then a generic hoss or white dude.

Plus, WWE are probably hoping Carlito gets over and brings in another fan base.

I'm still not gonna knock Carlito. Why? Because we weren't able to see much out of him yesterday. That match reminded me of Undertaker vs. Cena a year ago. Complete squash save for a couple of moves here and there for Cena before he cheated and picked up the win. Now Cena is the Undertaker, and Carlito is Cena. I thought Carlito did ok and that's cool to me.

Besides... it's all about the hair. Now that.... is cool.

Back to Tomko...he just needs some time for his own character and not as Christian's lacky. Same deal happened with Nash, and he became a star.

Nah, Tomko's atrocious. Nash at least had charisma & mic skills, which Tomko hasn't displayed yet. I don't think it's any coincidence they don't have him wrestling much.