TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

4. New York doesn't get nervous and don't pay attention to the hype. Boston falls apart if one little thing happens. case in example

Kevin brown hurts his hands...Yankee Players response

"What a dumb move! That's okay, he'll heal up in time and we'll find ourselves a way out of this Jam"

Curt Schilling fucks up his Ankle...Red Sox Players response

"Fucking curse"

That is why Boston will always be a second place second rate city to New York.

The notion of a curse is a media created, and media driven, idea.

I'd say 99% of the Red Sox organization knows that there isn't a curse.

I'd say 99% of the sane Red Sox fans knows that there isn't a curse.

*and note that I specified sane ... the steakheads that wear "Jeter has AIDS" shirts do not count as sane, and probably believe in the curse.

Im not even a New Yorker and I didn't mean in the "BETTER CITY" sense of the world.

I don't feel a personal preference to either town....I meant that Boston is a second rate New York, the franchises not the towns.

If you meant the Boston franchise was inferior, why did you blatantly use the word "city" in your post?

Guest GreatOne

The Yankees and/or the Red Sox have made the playoffs every year in the wildcard era.

Hey how about some '93 Red Sox/Yankees? Like that game where the guy does the run-in on the third base line or wherever?

The Yankees and/or the Red Sox have made the playoffs every year in the wildcard era/

Considering that the Yankees alone have made the playoffs every year since the WC creation, that's a fairly redundant statement

Two reasons the curse does not exist...

1. The Red Sox have never had a year which they were clearly the best team, since 1918.

2. For all the times the Red Sox have supposively choked, they've also pulled miracles out of the asses. The 1967 Pennant Race. Game six of the 1975 World Series. Game Five of the 1986 ALCS. By all rights, the Red Sox shouldn't have even been to the World Series that year.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Here is what I can't stand

We got the Curse of the Bambino and the Curse of the Billy Goat for Boston and Chicago Cubs. Why doesn't anyone mention a curse for Chicago White Sox or Cleveland Indians? Two teams that have gone a equally or almost as long time since winning a world title. No one has made up a "Curse of Shoeless Joe" for Chicago.

The curse doesn't exist but the fans and the players eventully buy into it, even if they don't claim to be bothered by it, it's still over their heads.

There's been mention of a "Curse of the Black Sox", but it hasn't really caught on.

I have no clue what kind of "curse" can be given to the Indians.

I guess something has to explain long championship droughts. Though, you never see Giants fans complaining about curses. We've just never had dominant teams. Good, yes. Dominant, never.

Here is what I can't stand

We got the Curse of the Bambino and the Curse of the Billy Goat for Boston and Chicago Cubs. Why doesn't anyone mention a curse for Chicago White Sox or Cleveland Indians? Two teams that have gone a equally or almost as long time since winning a world title. No one has made up a "Curse of Shoeless Joe" for Chicago.

The curse doesn't exist but the fans and the players eventully buy into it, even if they don't claim to be bothered by it, it's still over their heads.

1) Maybe there would be one if enough people gave a flying fuck about the Chicago White Sox.

2) Blame Roger Dorn.

Guest Anglesault
Hey how about some '93 Red Sox/Yankees?

No, really, it's just fine the way it is.

Guest Anglesault

MLB says they will have a ruling on the game for 7:15

Converting that to Bud, I'd say that means 9:30.

Guest Anglesault

David Ortiz, wearing what appears to be a hairnet, stated that his strategy against Brown is to "try not to miss it"

This team loves sending him out there when he's messed up.

Guest Anglesault
Papi's Papi.

He's like a Dominican Santa Claus. You can't hate David Ortiz.

That's nice and all, but that's the second time this week he's given an interview while drunk or stoned or something. You would think SOMEONE on the team would keep him away from reporters when he's like that.

Guest Anglesault
9:30 if we're lucky.

There might be a decision by summer of 2005.

Apparently the decission has been pushed back to 8 PM.

You can't make this shit up.

It's a good You can't make this shit up, but a You can't make this shit up all the same.

My sister and my Dad went down there with the tickets...sucks for them if it gets cancelled.

But you know what sucks even more? These tickets are now good for Game 5 (if there is a Game 5)...and I've got class all fucking day (2 to 9) and the game starts at 5.

Sucks for me.

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Its not actually going to be cancelled? It was sloppy in St. Lou last night and they played...

Its not actually going to be cancelled? It was sloppy in St. Lou last night and they played...

I don't see it not being cancelled. It's going to rain til 2:00 AM.

It's suppose to get really bad around 10:00 PM.

Guest Unfrozen Caveman Poster

I am just a caveman. Your games frighten and confuse me. I see them hit the ball with a club as far as they can, so they can run in a circle? Why don't they just run in a striaght line? Is the ball a source of food?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

Just play!

How is Schilling magically better now? Moving the games back one day suddenly makes him the game 5 starter? If he's as injured as everyone says, he wouldn't be pitching at all.