TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
The Dames

The ALCS: New York Yankees vs. Boston Red Sox

I don't fucking care. This wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for fucking Muggy.

That's right, Boston fans. If we're to win next year, we must do what the Lord our God compels us to...

Crucify Muggy.

That's what they ALL say?

So let me get this straight... just because ONE FUCKING GUY posts the Red Sox will win in 6, that means the Red Sox are doomed? Geez... think that one out for a moment.

Told you.

So what happens to people who had tickets for Friday? If there's no game on Monday, do they get a refund? The Sox will probably have to cough up some dough, or they'll have some pretty pissed off people to deal with.

I AM NOT A FUCKING CURSE! THERE ARE NO SUCH FUCKING THINGS AS CURSES!

I'm losing my mind over here. Boston just got beat by 11 runs and they scored 8! THEY GAVE UP 19 GOD DAMN RUNS! Man this is getting bad... and here I thought Bronson could step up...

Bronson would have stepped up if you hadn't opened your fucking mouth, Muggy.

You must die so the Red Sox may win.

Jesus, that was just a manslaughter, though... I hate to give the Yankees props, but they're making us look really damn bad right now. This is disgraceful -- and I know Grady wouldn't have let this happen. Torre is getting so much more out of his whole lineup than Francona is, it's fucking disgusting. I wasn't one to jump on Grady last year, but I really hope that we pile on Terry. That dude has deserved it since day one.

Guest GreatOne

Not really.

Any Mariners or A's fan can tell you taking series from the Yankees from April to September is one thing, beating them in October (especially in a seven-game series, where outside of Arizona they have yet to fall) is another.

So why should it be any different for the Red Sox?

Guest The Winter Of My Discontent

I love watching Boston fans jumping off the Red Sox bandwagon, and for good reason. My sports year is complete whenever the BoSox choke. There is no curse? Maybe not, but the Red Sox sure think there is one. They are playing like they are already defeated. There is no reason for this to be happening. They almost expected such a crushing defeat.

Guest GreatOne

It's time for:

TIM MCCARVER'S EXPERT ANALYSIS!~

'Can the Red Sox send this series back to New York? They must win in both games four and five, but that would mean they win two in a row. Not an easy feat'

This concludes TIM MCCARVER'S EXPERT ANALYSIS!~

This thread has been HIGHLY entertaining.

I said it last year, and I'll say it again. It does not matter what players that the Sox get, until they string up Dan Shaugnessy (sp) and the Boston media for perpetuating the Curse talk for all this time and Boston as a sports town gets their heads out of their collective asses and simply cheers on their team (the Pats winning two out of three championships has softened it somewhat), and quits acting like NYC's whining, bitchy little brother (and not just in sports, either), it will be a LONG time before their baseball team gets past the Yankees, never midn winning the World Series.

In other words, the Sox need to just go to work and do their jobs. Like the Mariners of 99 I think, you can win every game during the regular season, and it won't mean *shit* if you get run out of the playoffs on a rail.

And this is coming from a Yankees fan. Boston has become infinitely more pathetic every since the "Yankees Suck" chants, t-shirts, etc. The thing that kills me is that when the "Who's Your Daddy" chants and t-shirts start coming out (which to me is no better than what the Sox fans have been doing, admittedly), Boston got all up in arms about it.

Pathetic.

mccarver.jpg

Also, they should try to pitch outside of the strike zone, as pitches outside of the strike zone are harder to hit.

That's a John Cerutti (RIP) original.

The red sox could still do it, in fact, I am putting it all on the table right now. Red Sox in 7, thats right, the sox will win it in 7. Remember who told all of you this pearl of wisdom, and prepare to bow down.

Here's to hoping whoever wins the NL denies the Yankees #27

which, now that I think about it, would be funny, since it'd mean the Yankees have almost lost as many WS as they've won in the last decade

My sports year is complete whenever the BoSox choke.

Ditto. I love watching those shots of the people in the crowd with their little BoSox hat and face paint reduced to near tears. Or those old people that followed Boston all their lives knowing they will probably die before their beloved team wins another championship...

Guest cpac

You know whats funny? Expansion teams like the Marlins and Diamondbacks have won 3 more world series in the last 7 years than the Red Sox have won since 1918.

Guest cpac

No I love watching the hot gf leaning on her douchebag bf's shoulder with her head. I think that is what you get for whoring yourself to someone so stupied and ugly.

You know whats funny?   Expansion teams like the Marlins and Diamondbacks have won 3 more world series in the last 7 years than the Red Sox have won since 1918.

Wow, I was completely unaware of that. Thanks for the info! :headbang:

If tonight is Boston's last game, I want to at least see some fire

Brawls every other inning

And someone cave in Jeter's pretty boy face already

mccarver.jpg

"I'll tell you, the Red Sox need to start hitting the ball in fair territory. Balls that are put into fair territory are more likely to be hits and result in runs being scored."

I'm not jumping off the bandwagon at all. I still watched the game last night at my girlfriend's, but I'm getting to the point of frustration. This was allegedly the best team in recent memory, they were going to dismantle the Yanks, take the World Series and capture Osama. As it is, the wheels fell off in game one, where the #1 starter didn't even make it to the fourth while his opponent was pitching a perfect game into the seventh.

The offense has disappeared for the most part. Johnny Damon has been crucified (pun intended) in this series. Mark Bellhorn couldn't hit his way out of a paper bag. The rest of the lineup has just looked confused. It's maddening watching this team raise you up only to slap you right back down.

Guest MikeSC
My sports year is complete whenever the BoSox choke.

Ditto. I love watching those shots of the people in the crowd with their little BoSox hat and face paint reduced to near tears. Or those old people that followed Boston all their lives knowing they will probably die before their beloved team wins another championship...

Hell, I thought Grady Little was the problem. I remember that last year.

-=Mike

I dunno what to say.

I just hope they put in end of it tommorow, just because I can't deal with them winning 3 in a row going into a Game 7.

And I really don't want to go down to Game 5 Monday...if there is one.

The commentary on Fox has been horrible. They didn't even know Arroyo's first name before Game 2.