TSM Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Conspiracy_Victim

Astros/Cardinals NLCS thread

Not the outcome I would of liked. However, the Cardnials play great ball and it's a joy to watch them play. Congrats to St.Louis and a tip of the hat to the 'Stros for a great season.

I had my anti wild card rant ready if the Asssstros won this game tonight, but now I won't have to bother.

I was amused to see so many predictions for the Astros here. Game 7 on the road, St. Louis has never lost a series when down 3-2, and the Stros are known to choke in these situations.

And now we have a World Series that's fantastic: Boston vs. St. Louis. That's baseball. That's fucking baseball.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

Guess on starting Rotations?

Not sure about St. Louis but BoSox look like this

Wakefield

Schilling

Pedro

Lowe/Arroyo

Wakefield

Schilling

Pedro

Oh, I'll admit that my fondness for the wild card depends on who it is. It boils down to this: Boston was legitimiately the 2nd best team in the AL during the season, so they had a right to be in the playoffs. Houston tanked for 3/4 of the season and put together a run to sneak in the back door. Both the Braves and Dodgers had better records. The Cardinals were 13 games better than the Astros (and don't give me this head to head shit, the Cardinals were resting their starters for half of those Astros wins).

Basically I'm suggesting getting rid of the wild card all together, and just have the LCS be the best two teams in each league. In other words take it back to the pre division format and have the LCS based on overall records, top 2 in each league get in.

In other words, it still would have been Yankees/Sox in the AL, since they were the two best teams in the AL. In the NL it would have been Cardinals/Braves I think.

Anyway, enough of that since it won't happen anyway. I'm just glad I don't have to endure the Astros in a World Series. Cardinals vs. Red Sox: Money in the bank.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Cards go

Woody Williams

Jason Marquis

Matt Morris (Keep Matt Morris pitching in St. Louis!)

Jeff Suppan

or

Williams

Marquis

Suppan

Morris

I'd love to see Carpenter picth, by really, why even risk it now, unless you plan on sitting him in the BP for emergency use since Kline probably won't be on the WS roster.

Awesome moment after the game, as some of the Cardinal players (Ankiel, Reggie Sanders, Edgar Renteria, Mike Lincoln) came out to high-five and spray champagne all over the fans near the dugout who had stayed to celebrate. Just a great moment.

I'd love to see Carpenter picth, by really, why even risk it now, unless you plan on sitting him in the BP for emergency use since Kline probably won't be on the WS roster.

Carpenter threw a little 26-pitch bullpen session on Tuesday, so I think there's a pretty good chance that he could come in as a long reliever or maybe even a late series starter. Kline, on the other hand, I'm not sure about - he was available in Sunday's game "for an emergency", but I haven't heard anything new about his fingers yet. They may have to have *cringe* Ankiel on the roster just to have another LOOGY on board.

Awesome moment after the game, as some of the Cardinal players (Ankiel, Reggie Sanders, Edgar Renteria, Mike Lincoln) came out to high-five and spray champagne all over the fans near the dugout who had stayed to celebrate. Just a great moment.

Schilling did that to the fans after the Angels series. Not with champagne, but with Bud Light. :lol:

I'll say that it's a disgrace that we have the best record, yet we don't have hoime field advantage to a Wild Card team. That's just silly.

Oh we have a pitching edge in Game one and that's really it.

Though the only pitcher that scares me is Schilling. Pedro will get murdered.

At least this isn't like the 1987 series, where the Twins got home field advantage, despite barely being about .500. Fenway isn't the Metrodome and the Red Sox aren't the '87 Twins, so the lack of home field doesn't irritate me.

Guest The Shadow Behind You

If you twist it, you can infer that By getting blown in ASG, Clemens finally helped his sox win the world series 18 years overdue.

Seems like to me that whoever has the best record should get home field. It's idiotic to determine such a thing via an exhibition game.

I like both teams in the Series (which is rare) and wouldn't mind seeing either win. But deep down I can't shake this feeling that beating the Yankees was fool's gold for the Sox, and they'll just end up losing yet another agonizing 7 game series.

Or it could be like the Super Bowl. With this year both teams playing each game in New York.

I hope Bud didn't take that seriously.

I was thinking about this at work today, but with Clemens, was that the first time a pitcher has started game 7 in one league's LCS and then started game 7 in the other league's LCS the next season?